Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Looking Back...

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:50 am

Which players, when they leave or retire, from the current squad will you look back and say 'they were awesome'. You know, we look back at the likes of Earnie, Thorne, Young, Perry, Dale, Stant etc. That mould of player.

I reckon Chris Burke is carving himself a reputation, as is Kevin McNaughton. I reckon Jay Bothroyd will be the same because he's so pivotal to our style of play. I still think the likes of Steve McPhail and Peter Whittingham will divide opinion.

Re: Looking Back...

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:53 am

Kevin Mcnaughton will go down as a living legend, he seems to put 110% every game without fail, chases players all over the park but is also handy going forward.

The thing with Jay is we know how lazy he is, he has all the talent in the world, if he had Kev's work rate imagine the player he would be. That's why I think he will not go down as one of those players.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:55 am

Joe Ledley.

I know he has had his doubters the last year. But he was superb the last few years. I think when he gets over his injury he will be a force again :ayatollah:

Super Kev
Burke
Chopra
Bothroyd
Whitts

:ayatollah:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:01 pm

No controversy here without question it's Peter Whittingham for me. He has been tremendous for us this year - what is it 20 goals so far this season, top scorer in the Championship not bad for a winger/midfielder. he has made a massive contribution to where we are this season and when called for even produced a performance in the middle of the park. The man is sheer class, enjoy him while he's here. Chris Burke, Jay Bothroyd and Kevin Mcnaughton come a close joint second for me. Not forgetting Marshall this season. I think a good goalkeeper is worth at least 6 points, maybe more per season. He is one of Dave Jones better purchases.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:04 pm

joe ledley for me also kev mcnaughton.and i think given time gerrard is gonna become a fans favourite!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:08 pm

I loved Neil Alexander when we had him. Now we have Marshall, and I think he'll be a legend.

McNaughton and Burke for definate.

I'm unsure about Whitts. He's only been good for us this season - previous season's he's been a pile of dog shite. The same can be said for Rossco. He was awesome last season, and this season he's a pile of dog shite.

Bothroyd is too lazy to make it personally.

Chops.. I dunno. He's an awesome striker, but has too much attitude for my liking.

I also think legend players are youngsters that have come and produced for us. Ramsey, Matthews, and even players like Gerard (who we didn't get from the youth academy, but is still awesome).

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:10 pm

Anthony Gerrard
Anthony Gerrard
He's got a cousin called Stevie G (Called Stevie G)
He way more famous
Becasue he signed for
the famous Cardiff City

To the tune of You are my Cardiff :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:22 pm

Without a doubt Super Kev, to a lesser extent Ledley maybe.