Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I hate hospitals

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:56 pm

Had to take the mrs for a midwife appointment in Winchester today. Took 20 mins to find car park space. Paid £2.40 to park for 2 hours.

They keep us waiting for 45 minutes. Then they scan her and tell her the baby is breach. They then decide to put a montor on the baby to check his heart beat so i go to the car park and put another hour on the car park (£1.80) The Mrs then has severe contractions which lead to her going up to the labour ward.

We get taken into a labour room and a lovely blond midwife comes in. They then decide that as she is 34 weeks gone to inject her with steroids to help the babies lungs develop and at the same time give her drugs to stop the onset of labour. Another 2 hours added to the car park.

Another few tests are done and they decide she isnt in labour but they are going to keep her in for 24 hours and monitor her.

They send me home at about 4.30 so i can pick the kids up, collect her indoors hospital bag.

Go back spend another load of cash on an hours parking.

The smug tw*t of a consultant walks in and tells her she can go home without looking at her notes. My mrs tells him she cant go as she has to have an injection at 2am in morning. He then reads the notes and says oh okay-you can go in the morning.

Over 8 quid to park my car and a consultant that hasnt got a clue. Happy days.