Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: THE LATEST AS I SEE IT

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:52 am

Sludge wrote:I thought that if we fail to make the play offs and then go into admin , it will possibly result in a pretty heavy sanction ?

in other words almost certain relegation

they will do everything to keep the club out of admin

and this 6 million ( well minus 500k ) has made that certain

only my opinion

What exactly is the position on the points deduction for entering administration?

My understanding is extra points are only deducted if the club fails to agree a CVA with 75% of its creditors. But there again can the FL impose a further penalty if it appears a club is manipulating the rules over administration?

Portsmouth seem to have only received the standard penalty and Leeds were punished further for failing to agree a CVA. I'm not sure about the circumstances surrounding other clubs like Luton and Borunemouth though

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:54 am

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
marcpccfc wrote:What did SB have to say about the Malaysians and their quest in deriddling the Riddler? The more i hear about this the more I feel that this is an investment and less of a takeover. I hope I am wrong! :ayatollah:

That they 100% want NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RIDDLER and he was like a leach with them.

Are the echo wrong when they say Riddlee staying at the club?

Neil, Yes maybe till end of Season on wages, but he has def lost his Job as Hitler, Borley and Guy make the decisions more now.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:58 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Sludge wrote:I thought that if we fail to make the play offs and then go into admin , it will possibly result in a pretty heavy sanction ?

in other words almost certain relegation

they will do everything to keep the club out of admin

and this 6 million ( well minus 500k ) has made that certain

only my opinion

What exactly is the position on the points deduction for entering administration?

My understanding is extra points are only deducted if the club fails to agree a CVA with 75% of its creditors. But there again can the FL impose a further penalty if it appears a club is manipulating the rules over administration?

Portsmouth seem to have only received the standard penalty and Leeds were punished further for failing to agree a CVA. I'm not sure about the circumstances surrounding other clubs like Luton and Borunemouth though

tony your version is correct
leeds got extra points for non agreement with creditors

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:40 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:Annis, do you know what the malaysians business plan is?

and what will they have in return for 6m ???? shares ???? whose share ??? securtiy on what ??? .
am i thick ???? or :? :? :?

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:57 am

My point exactly

6million would buy ALL the shares and give them complete control.

An analogy... Would you borrow a stranger 6k to fix their car just so you could
be guaranteed a lift in it. When, if you waited for the car to fail its MOT they could
go to the garage and buy the car themselves, knowing full well it will run like a dream,
because you are an expert mechanic.

In this simple analogy, maybe Ridler would be the thick b*stard who was responsiblity
was to put oil, water and petrol in it. The gauges never worked, but he kept insisting
to everyone that he'd just topped up. Then the f*cking car breaks down on the M4 and
they are all stuck with a f*cking big bill off a recovery company :D

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:07 am

When TG comes back in early April the club would have paid March's wages. I presume the club will be in more of a financial mess. At this stage the club will be desperate and there may be a better deal for TG. Perhaps the Riddler may even take a smaller pay off.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:02 am

I can imagine the riddler giving it the large, the first time he began talks with TG. Riddler probably didn't think he was that's clued up.

Smug Tw*t

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:36 am

The Malaysians clearly now exactly what they are doing,

They need to invest before May 5th to pay tax bill so why commit £6million now.

The longer they leave it the more chance they will get a better deal / the easier it will be to get rid of PR, this shows they are in it for the long term and plan what they are doing.

Also if they invest now there will be massive pressure to get loan signings in which is not going to happen so why bring that hassle on themselves by taking over before the loan window closes.

If we win 3 out of the next four games they will be transferring their ringgit quicker than you can google it, if we loose 3 out of the next 4 the can squeeze a better deal, them taking over cant influence the next 4 results so why not bide your time ?

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:49 am

I thought TG said he hoped to have it all tied up by the end of April. It was also mentioned that The Riddler would be staying until the end of the season to oversee the football side of things but would not be involved with any of the financial side of things ( thank Christ), also that he wanted Jonesy to be in charge of the team for the 2010/2011 season. So if I've read into that correctly then the investment would be forthcoming (as long as things go OK) by the end of April, may be too late to avoid our immediate lack of useable funds. :(