Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE LATEST AS I SEE IT

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:45 pm

Spoke to SB yesterday for a long time and is very happy and confidant regarding the Malaysians, but We both agreed on the main issue, WE NEED THEIR INVESTMENT NOW AND QUICK.
Yes they have invested £500,000 since last Oct 09, but departing with £6 Million to keep us just running to the end of the season, Tax Bill and wages, is asking for a lot in Our Financial position, Some of the money hast to arrive by the end of This month, SB said he is very hopeful, the talk is over now as they say, so now THEY HAVE TO DELIVER AND QUICK.

Re: THE LATEST AS I SEE IT

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:48 pm

As a financial move, would they be better waiting for us to go into Administration?

I can certainly see the logic in it. Ridsdale would get zip.

Surely Its something they'll have considered

Or am I talking bollocks?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Spoke to SB yesterday for a long time and is very happy and confidant regarding the Malaysians, but We both agreed on the main issue, WE NEED THEIR INVESTMENT NOW AND QUICK.
Yes they have invested £500,000 since last Oct 09, but departing with £6 Million to keep us just running to the end of the season, Tax Bill and wages, is asking for a lot in Our Financial position, Some of the money hast to arrive by the end of This month, SB said he is very hopeful, the talk is over now as they say, so now THEY HAVE TO DELIVER AND QUICK.

when do you realistically think we'll get this money annis & if they do put the money in are they going to put in £6 mil straight away, what are your thoughts!!!!

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:51 pm

Annis,Lets hope there is now some light at the end of that very dark tunnel after the last few weeks Mate! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:54 pm

little bit of news i had today was interesting

its been batted arounabout all the money owed to contracts and one beng vale builders, clive (vale builders director/owner) was playing golf with a friend yesterday and confirmed he is owed 250,000 not the 700,000 that has been quoted, but on a worrying note hes expecting to lose it ?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:55 pm

taffyapple wrote:As a financial move, would they be better waiting for us to go into Administration?

In My OPinion, if i was them thats exactly what I would do.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:55 pm

Annis, do you know what the malaysians business plan is?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:57 pm

brewer918 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Spoke to SB yesterday for a long time and is very happy and confidant regarding the Malaysians, but We both agreed on the main issue, WE NEED THEIR INVESTMENT NOW AND QUICK.

when do you realistically think we'll get this money annis & if they do put the money in are they going to put in £6 mil straight away, what are your thoughts!!!!

Brewer it has to come in within at least the next 2 weeks if they are really sincere in My Opinion.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:57 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:little bit of news i had today was interesting

its been batted arounabout all the money owed to contracts and one beng vale builders, clive (vale builders director/owner) was playing golf with a friend yesterday and confirmed he is owed 250,000 not the 700,000 that has been quoted, but on a worrying note hes expecting to lose it ?

I heard the same from 2 reporters last week, I put it on here.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
brewer918 wrote:

Brewer it has to come in within at least the next 2 weeks if they are really sincere in My Opinion.

Cheers Annis!!!!! i cant wait until we here exactly whats going to happen either way!!!!

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:01 pm

maybe admin is looming then before the Malaysian investment ?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

sorry mate, mut have missed that in my 60 hr stint last week lol :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:05 pm

taffyapple wrote:As a financial move, would they be better waiting for us to go into Administration?

Now that we seem to have picked up on the field, if they were to invest now, we may have a decent chance in the play-offs. Surely they would make their money back if we were to get promoted?

If we lose the next few games, and play-offs are looking unlikely, maybe then they will hold out for admin and try to get us on the cheap?

Just a thought :dontknow:

The Premier 1 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

sorry mate, mut have missed that in my 60 hr stint last week lol :ayatollah:

No probs a lot of people thought the reporters were just stirring it up.

Martyn1963 wrote:maybe admin is looming then before the Malaysian investment ?

With PMG 'clearing the decks' in readyness. The compass points East, i think!

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:13 pm

I thought that if we fail to make the play offs and then go into admin , it will possibly result in a pretty heavy sanction ?

in other words almost certain relegation

they will do everything to keep the club out of admin

and this 6 million ( well minus 500k ) has made that certain

only my opinion

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:14 pm

I think the Malasians are keeping their options open. The league table must be a factor.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:16 pm

Sludge wrote:I thought that if we fail to make the play offs and then go into admin , it will possibly result in a pretty heavy sanction ?

only my opinion

I am not doubting them, never have, I just know we need it sooner than later and mean virtually NOW.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:17 pm

What did SB have to say about the Malaysians and their quest in deriddling the Riddler? The more i hear about this the more I feel that this is an investment and less of a takeover. I hope I am wrong! :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:21 pm

marcpccfc wrote:What did SB have to say about the Malaysians and their quest in deriddling the Riddler? The more i hear about this the more I feel that this is an investment and less of a takeover. I hope I am wrong! :ayatollah:

That they 100% want NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RIDDLER and he was like a leach with them.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:24 pm

these malaysians are sharp

the other day annis on here it was said they knew loads about the club , more than anyone thought they did and even had people at the egm !!

I reckon if they have made a 6 million or so investment , then its not going to be done without a lot of thought

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:26 pm

Sludge wrote:these malaysians are sharp

the other day annis on here it was said they knew loads about the club , more than anyone thought they did and even had people at the egm !!

I reckon if they have made a 6 million or so investment , then its not going to be done without a lot of thought

Correct Sludge, SB was totally Shocked about how much they knew about all Our Debts etc.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:03 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Annis, do you know what the malaysians business plan is?

How would he mate? You're talking about VERY clever business people...

They have one of the best risk assessment departments in the world...they've done their homework...they're interested... it's now up to BOTH sides to agree.. I don't think City can afford to say no just my opinion!

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:39 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:Annis, do you know what the malaysians business plan is?

How would he mate? You're talking about VERY clever business people...

They have one of the best risk assessment departments in the world...they've done their homework...they're interested... it's now up to BOTH sides to agree.. I don't think City can afford to say no just my opinion!

I wish I did, i would be as rich as them :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:03 pm

if the wages aren't paid this month we have a big problem, and without the money from the Malaysians there would seem to be little chance of any money being available for the wages or any other outgoings.

The events of the last few days have all been positive but the fact remains that at the moment no further money has been forthcoming from the Malaysians.We know TG is back for the Swansea game but the 6 million being mentioned has not been invested and that is causing me real concerns.

Surely if this money was coming it would be here by now? Why is there a continuing delay? Why does there not seem to be any urgency either by the club or the Malaysians to get that money into the club?

It seems that as mentioned in other threads they may be waiting until we go into administration which would completely screw up any chance we have of promotion this year.

The uncertainty is making me even greyer than I should be !

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:21 pm

I dont think going into administration would mean relegation. More likely a 10-15 point deduction.
Its not DELIBERATE. The Malaysians are under no obligation to put the money in right now to
save us and they may well have already decided to wait a few months and get the club lock stock
and barrel on the cheap

Admin WOULD mean the Malaysians holding back and getting the club for next to nothing, and
Riddles being flung out, AND once they come in to go through the books there's a pretty good
chance Riddler will end up in the shit big time.

Gambling on getting promoted through the play-offs is just that... A big gamble!!

The play-offs is like being in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, and right now we're only in
Round 3. They could weigh in millions clearing the debt and a betting man would still say
we wont go up, which would mean Championship football next season regardless.

So IF they dont invest now lads, just lets UP the campaign against Ridsdale, blame him for
everything (not difficult) But for christs sake nobody start burning Malaysian flags. Cos they
will come on board eventually

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
marcpccfc wrote:What did SB have to say about the Malaysians and their quest in deriddling the Riddler? The more i hear about this the more I feel that this is an investment and less of a takeover. I hope I am wrong! :ayatollah:

That they 100% want NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RIDDLER and he was like a leach with them.

Are the echo wrong when they say Riddlee staying at the club?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:35 pm

hes going to be staying until his contract is sorted out and as in the past will be taking the shots until hes gone

hes not vital to the deal , but hes a part of it

does that make any sense ?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:41 pm

Rhys wrote:

Now that we seem to have picked up on the field, if they were to invest now, we may have a decent chance in the play-offs. Surely they would make their money back if we were to get promoted?

If we lose the next few games, and play-offs are looking unlikely, maybe then they will hold out for admin and try to get us on the cheap?

Just a thought :dontknow:

That thought sounds good..........just what I am thinking.If we win our next 2 games,I think they will invest pronto for the lure of the premiership money.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Sludge wrote:I thought that if we fail to make the play offs and then go into admin , it will possibly result in a pretty heavy sanction ?

only my opinion

I am not doubting them, never have, I just know we need it sooner than later and mean virtually NOW.

I think they are just taking us to the wire, to the point just before Admin, they may be able to knock a bit more off the price by then especially to PMG.........