Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MAYBE WE ALL MIGHT NOW UNITE AND BECOME A FORCE

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:39 pm

Big Gwyn Davies, Steve Davies, Carl Curtis(Carl CCFC),Paul Humphrey(The Rhooster) and Keith Morgan (Since 62) will ALL BE STANDING FOR ELECTION AT THE NEXT AGM FOR THE TRUST.

If they are ALL ELECTED ON THE BOARD, THEY WILL HAVE MY FULL SUPPORT and I WILL BECOME A MEMBER AGAIN. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Any Comments ?

Re: MAYBE WE ALL MIGHT NOW UNITE AND BECOME A FORCE

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:40 pm

When is the election?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Big Gwyn Davies, Steve Davies, Carl Curtis(Carl CCFC) and Keith Morgan (Since 62) will ALL BE STANDING FOR ELECTION AT THE NEXT AGM FOR THE TRUST.

If they are ALL ELECTED ON THE BOARD, THEY WILL HAVE MY FULL SUPPORT and I WILL BECOME A MEMBER AGAIN. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Any Comments ?

one comment, why not become a member first then you can vote for them ?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Big Gwyn Davies, Steve Davies, Carl Curtis(Carl CCFC) and Keith Morgan (Since 62) will ALL BE STANDING FOR ELECTION AT THE NEXT AGM FOR THE TRUST.

Any Comments ?

I am currently not a member of the trust, but will give the above my backing and join up if they are successful. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:44 pm

pengedragon wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Big Gwyn Davies, Steve Davies, Carl Curtis(Carl CCFC),Paul Humphrey(The Rhooster) and Keith Morgan (Since 62) will ALL BE STANDING FOR ELECTION AT THE NEXT AGM FOR THE TRUST.

Any Comments ?

one comment, why not become a member first then you can vote for them ?

Good idea, with these 5 on board I reckon the Trust would get 2,000 Members within a couple of months :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:46 pm

If everyone joins, they will get voted in easily.

For now, I look forward to them hitting the campaign trail, pictures with babies and old ladies, fiddling the expenses etc..

Of course, I'm joking.
Last edited by PtB on Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:48 pm

PtB wrote:If everyone joins, they will get voted in easily.

For now, I look forward to them hitting the campaign trail, pictures with babies andold ladies, fiddling the expenses etc..

Of course, I'm joking.

:lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:04 pm

In my opinion the lack of enthusiasm for the Trust is not because of the people who represents it, but for the reasons for having a Trust in the first place. I had many disagreements with Corky and TLG when the Trust was first muted, and my thoughts haven't changed. Trusts, are more often than not set up, when the club has hit rock bottom, with no where left to go and no value left in it for any of the vultures who these days pass themselves off as clubs' owners. The clubs are then left to the real fans to try and cobble together something that works not on profit but on love for the club to resusitate it. If God forbid, that state of affairs ever happens to this club, then the Trust will quickly get it's 1000's of members, you could even stick Daya in charge and still people would join up!
Therefore, in most supporters eyes,at this time, the Trust is not needed and will therefore not be supported. What should be set up in it's place is something more akin to the Ultras, in Italy. Where the emphesis is making the fans matchday experience more enjoyable. However, as with everything you have to have something to bargain with, and unfortunately, if you are just going to go along to meetings and have 'chats' then nothing will get done.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:09 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:In my opinion the lack of enthusiasm for the Trust is not because of the people who represents it, but for the reasons for having a Trust in the first place. I had many disagreements with Corky and TLG when the Trust was first muted, and my thoughts haven't changed. Trusts, are more often than not set up, when the club has hit rock bottom, with no where left to go and no value left in it for any of the vultures who these days pass themselves off as clubs' owners. The clubs are then left to the real fans to try and cobble together something that works not on profit but on love for the club to resusitate it. If God forbid, that state of affairs ever happens to this club, then the Trust will quickly get it's 1000's of members, you could even stick Daya in charge and still people would join up!
Therefore, in most supporters eyes,at this time, the Trust is not needed and will therefore not be supported. What should be set up in it's place is something more akin to the Ultras, in Italy. Where the emphesis is making the fans matchday experience more enjoyable. However, as with everything you have to have something to bargain with, and unfortunately, if you are just going to go along to meetings and have 'chats' then nothing will get done.

I agree with you, maybe a focus group for matchday atmosphere is something the members of this board could provide, liasing with the Trust and Supporters club. God knows we have enough "personalities" to address the matter. :lol:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:14 pm

what I think , is what I have always said

the trust is free to stand for election

and if someone gets voted on I dont agree with then thats tough

afte they have been elected I expect them to do their best , if not I wont vote for them

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:17 pm

whey hey - democaracy & common sense !

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:18 pm

Bluebird007 wrote:When is the election?

In April Dont know date exact ?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:19 pm

Sludge wrote:what I think , is what I have always said

the trust is free to stand for election

and if someone gets voted on I dont agree with then thats tough

afte they have been elected I expect them to do their best , if not I wont vote for them

I agree Sludge :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:19 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:In my opinion the lack of enthusiasm for the Trust is not because of the people who represents it, but for the reasons for having a Trust in the first place. I had many disagreements with Corky and TLG when the Trust was first muted, and my thoughts haven't changed. Trusts, are more often than not set up, when the club has hit rock bottom, with no where left to go and no value left in it for any of the vultures who these days pass themselves off as clubs' owners. The clubs are then left to the real fans to try and cobble together something that works not on profit but on love for the club to resusitate it. If God forbid, that state of affairs ever happens to this club, then the Trust will quickly get it's 1000's of members, you could even stick Daya in charge and still people would join up!

loads of clubs both doing well and those in crisis have supporter trusts

supporters direct will give you all the info you need on the success of the football trust movement

far too many ill informed and incorrect statemnets are made about trusts

when the idea o fa trust was first mmoted it was shouted down by some of sams followers

that got us nowhere

some of the ultra groups have a violent sub culture

no thanks

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:21 pm

I dont agree with dayo, on almost everything

but if for example he was elected , then as my trust representative he would be responsible for taking the views of the members forward on matters

thats how these things work

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

pm since 62 annis , he will know exact dates of elections

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Sludge wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:56 pm

Well done lads for putting yourselves forward to stand for election :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
I think that you all will get enough votes to be elected. I think you would be good for the trust and make it stronger as it would balance the action and paperwork sides out.
As a supporter it would be great to know that we have a trust that will fight for us from different angles, whether it be in writing or with action. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:13 pm

Sludge wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Notice of the meeting with nomination forms for those members who wish to stand for the Trust board are due out next week.

When we know who wishes to stand for the 4 places that will be available , their details will be sent out to all Trust members to vote (each adult member gets one vote ) on who they want elected.Those papers are likely to be sent out towards the end of April .

Votes will then be counted on 12 May by independent counters and supervised by an independent scrutineer who will be a well known public figure. The results of the votes for each candidate will then be published on the Trust website (and elsewhere) either that night or the following day.

The AGM itself is then on 17 May at which the newly elected board will be present to take any questions from members. At the meeting there will be (brief) reports from groups who have acted in the year such as Community, Fred Keenor , Membership etc. just by way of update for members. A set of Trust accounts for the year to 31 December 2009 will also be disclosed to the meeting , then to the Board for formal approval prior to them being sent to the appointed Independent Accountant for audit.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Big Gwyn Davies, Steve Davies, Carl Curtis(Carl CCFC),Paul Humphrey(The Rhooster) and Keith Morgan (Since 62) will ALL BE STANDING FOR ELECTION AT THE NEXT AGM FOR THE TRUST.

Any Comments ?

Great to hear this Annis, this is the way forward. :ayatollah: But what did I do to lose your backing?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Any Comments ?

Annis, has Gwyn changed his mind as ysterday he didnt want to get involved.
I also thought Carl had cancelled his membership.

If its the case that these lads are standing then great.

I don't think Keith has to stand as 4 others have given notice to stand down so Keith's position is safe. He is ALREADY on the board.

The Election is on Mon 10th May, but it is by postal ballot and that is the day of the count.

Nominations need to be in relatively quickly. I beleive by March 31st.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:54 pm

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:

Any Comments ?

Great to hear this Annis, this is the way forward. :ayatollah: But what did I do to lose your backing?

Mike, you will always have my backing, you have fought tooth and nail like us to get rid of the Riddler :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:57 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Any Comments ?

Annis, has Gwyn changed his mind as ysterday he didnt want to get involved.
I also thought Carl had cancelled his membership.

If its the case that these lads are standing then great.

I don't think Keith has to stand as 4 others have given notice to stand down so Keith's position is safe. He is ALREADY on the board.

The Election is on Mon 10th May, but it is by postal ballot and that is the day of the count.

Nominations need to be in relatively quickly. I beleive by March 31st.

Tim I have not cancelled my membership from the trust :thumbup:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:59 pm

Tim,Spoke to Gwyn, Steve, Carl and Paul(Rhooster) Today all have decided to stand :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:04 pm

Thats good Carl.

I hope you do stand.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:06 pm

Some great ccfc characters in that bunch, I know who ill be voting for but a few worthy :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Tim,Spoke to Gwyn, Steve, Carl and Paul(Rhooster) Today all have decided to stand :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Excellent.
I was going to stand as I thought there wasnt much interest, looks like I wont have to bother now.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:11 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Tim,Spoke to Gwyn, Steve, Carl and Paul(Rhooster) Today all have decided to stand :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Excellent.
I was going to stand as I thought there wasnt much interest, looks like I wont have to bother now.

Tim, more the merrier :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:12 pm

Sounds like a good idea

Hopefully we can get more members before the election though! :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:20 pm

I think you should stand as well Tim asyou make great contributions at all the meetings you attend and with Mike , Gwyn Carl,and Steve (Davies)also standing that will make a really strong pool from which the membership can make their choice of 4.

Not being rude to Paul/Rooster , just haven`t met him as far as I am aware so have no personal knowledge or opinions on the skills he would bring )which may well be equally good)

Keith