Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

These Riverside scarves-what's the point.....

Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:19 pm

that people who wear them are trying to make? If it's a form of people showing solidarity, can someone explain solidarity for what, is it just the expulsion of Ridsdale or is there someyhing else? I can see that supporters have just taken what Man U have done and copied it, but surley Man U were trying to de-stabilise the owners of the club, not a salaried chairman, who can easily be sacked by the board if they so wish. Personally,in my opinion it looks a bit lame and that our supporters have just jumped on another band wagon set in motion by a big, fashionable club. Quite frankly, it's a bit embarressing.

Re: These Riverside scarves-what's the point.....

Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:25 pm

What's embarrasing about it?

It's nice to see people acknowledging the clubs roots.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:28 pm

I think its a nice touch and they looked great the otehr day

people by me where saying " what are those " and I said they are the colours of the original club , its a sort of we will still be here

one of the trust lads was wearing one

they are good quality and are a talking point

are they going to change the world ?...no

but a good idea

Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Sludge wrote:

At least not until we get a big cave and can start plotting.....

Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:33 pm

It is a great idea. I bought one on Sunday and think more people should.

It shouws the club origanal roots and makes a statement that the fans are not happy.

They stand out well in the stadium and make a good point.

A lot of people asked me on Sunday what were they for and 90% of people liked them. One person hated them but that is another story (Don't argue with women :lol: )

I like the scarves top quality and make a point.

:ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:39 pm

I don't care what they are SUPPOSED to represent. I am gonna get one as it looks great and represents our club at it's earliest inception.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:56 pm

I'm wearing one because personally i think they look great and being a Riverside boy myself im Entitled to :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:01 pm

I picked up one up post match on sunday (seconds before they sold out), i think it;s just to show a yearning for a bygone era, when footy clubs were rooted in their community, when you could pop down on the day, pay a couple of quid to stand on the terrace and cheer the chaps on ! they also look nice too !

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:02 pm

Keep me warm :D

Use it on me snowman in winter :D

tug of war for the kids :D

and the other uses I WILL not publish as Chops will loose all sense of control! :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:04 pm

Jez wrote:Keep me warm :D

Use it on me snowman in winter :D

tug of war for the kids :D

and the other uses I WILL not publish as Chops will loose all sense of control! :lol: :lol:

mines cream and brown now, was using it to mix pancakes on! :lol:
Last edited by milly44 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:05 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:that people who wear them are trying to make? If it's a form of people showing solidarity, can someone explain solidarity for what, is it just the expulsion of Ridsdale or is there someyhing else? I can see that supporters have just taken what Man U have done and copied it, but surley Man U were trying to de-stabilise the owners of the club, not a salaried chairman, who can easily be sacked by the board if they so wish. Personally,in my opinion it looks a bit lame and that our supporters have just jumped on another band wagon set in motion by a big, fashionable club. Quite frankly, it's a bit embarressing.

maybe stolen from man utd
but i would rather wave one of them at ridsdale as oppossed to a snot ridden white handkerchief like they do in spain

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:05 pm

steve davies wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:that people who wear them are trying to make? If it's a form of people showing solidarity, can someone explain solidarity for what, is it just the expulsion of Ridsdale or is there someyhing else? I can see that supporters have just taken what Man U have done and copied it, but surley Man U were trying to de-stabilise the owners of the club, not a salaried chairman, who can easily be sacked by the board if they so wish. Personally,in my opinion it looks a bit lame and that our supporters have just jumped on another band wagon set in motion by a big, fashionable club. Quite frankly, it's a bit embarressing.

maybe stolen from man utd
but i would rather wave one of them at ridsdale as oppossed to a snot ridden white handkerchief like they do in spain

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:29 pm

The Rhooster wrote:I'm wearing one because personally i think they look great and being a Riverside boy myself im Entitled to :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

'Being from Riverside' is the only good reason I've heard so far :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:38 pm

Riverside......mother f**k!dah dah dah dah

SORRY!

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:38 pm

shut up u idiot, if you dont like it you dont have to join in do you, its up to other supporters to do it or not. personally if u dont want to join in with it you are on PR side, the more fans we get doin it the more under pressure he comes and eventually he will go, will be pickin mine up on weds thats for sure, bring on the riverside scarfs

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:44 pm

whats the problem you have any ideas? if u dont like em dont buy one. save your money for a packet of prawn sarnies from asda and munch on them instead of waving a riverside scarf during the game.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:47 pm

he only asked what they represented ffs, which i dont think anyone has answered yet

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:48 pm

I love mine and wear it with PRIDE, I HAD NOT WORN A SCARF SINCE 1978 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:53 pm

its to show the fans are not happy on how the club is bein run, just like man utd did a couple of weeks ago, this is a great idea as when i was lookin around the stadium the other day it was nice seein all the scarves lighten the place up a bit

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:57 pm

PtB wrote:
Sludge wrote:

I know lets all find a cave to meet in, have a keebab barbeque, call ourselves I'll Kidder and do a bit o plotting :lol:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:11 pm

so the men at the top can see how many are upset at how riddler has run the club our wage bill is more than our turnover.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:31 pm

chippy909 wrote:It is a great idea. I bought one on Sunday and think more people should.

It shouws the club origanal roots and makes a statement that the fans are not happy.

They stand out well in the stadium and make a good point.

A lot of people asked me on Sunday what were they for and 90% of people liked them. One person hated them but that is another story (Don't argue with women :lol: )

I like the scarves top quality and make a point.

:ayatollah:

;) :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Certain women can turn nasty :lol:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:45 pm

chippy909 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Certain women can turn nasty :lol:

:lol: :lol: Yes they can!! That guy was a tw*t though!!!

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:37 pm

cos i wanted to come from riverside like rhooster, but i didnt but its the closest i can get to being a riverside guy, and i also got it so jez and claire will love me ;)

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:39 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:cos i wanted to come from riverside like rhooster, but i didnt but its the closest i can get to being a riverside guy, and i also got it so jez and claire will love me ;)

we are a special breed from Riverside Baz.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:41 pm

The Rhooster wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:cos i wanted to come from riverside like rhooster, but i didnt but its the closest i can get to being a riverside guy, and i also got it so jez and claire will love me ;)

i know i am so jealous :ayatollah: its the part of the jigsaw thats missing out of my life :old:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:43 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
The Rhooster wrote:

i know i am so jealous :ayatollah: its the part of the jigsaw thats missing out of my life :old:

I shit you not Baz i was beaten up for being white once in Riverside. :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:50 pm

Awwwwwwwwww Mr Baz you know this lil Jez loves ya whatever you wear (well almost anything ;) )

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:33 pm

PtB wrote:
Sludge wrote:

seriously mate that is one of the best replys on a thread i have read,it is deeply intellectual,in a funny way. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol: