Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PMG and Ridsdale

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:04 am

All this Anti-Ridsdale stuff I can understand but what I cannot understand is how Paul Guy and Mike Hall seem to have got away with making a hell of a lot more than Ridsdale without any of the flack. They own 20% of the shares but were allowed to buy the land to build the hotel even though that was meant to be built by Cardiff City with all the money coming back into the club but now PMG will get all the profits. I am not up to date with all the inside info on the club but these two seem to be making millions and millions while all the time not putting a single penny into the club themselves and what I can understand is by the club being close to administration they will now be able to make tens of millions of pounds by building the hotel. These pair of f*cking Eggchasing pricks have done as much as Ridsdale to put us in this position but nobody seems to mention them!! :evil:

Re: PMG and Ridsdale

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:10 am

Paul Guy kept the club running financially at several points, paying the players wages out of his own pocket not long ago.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:11 am

Does anybody castigating PMG mention the money towards HMRC they paid?

Did they buy the land? Or was the land "sale" offset against the 9m owed to them, reducing the debt to them?

If they've, as you claimed, not put a penny in, they wouldn't be owed any money...

Of course they look to make a profit. Nothing wrong with that per se.

I realise there's been an internet crusade to expose the EVIL of PMG, but let's face facts. They could have got the club into admin at numerous points. They've put more money in than Ridsdale, don't forget.

Any pointing the finger solely at PMG is more aimed at propaganda to lessen Ridders mismanagement.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:20 am

I'm torn on this one.

They have stuck money into the club but it was only to push forward a stadium build that would benefit them by way of the retail park. Without the cash we may have been under already but they have never put in actual liquid cash it has always been loans and preferred credit loans as well.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:29 am

nerd wrote:Does anybody castigating PMG mention the money towards HMRC they paid?

They would have lost a lot more if the club han't paid it and gone into administration so they didn't really have a choice!!

Did they buy the land? Or was the land "sale" offset against the 9m owed to them, reducing the debt to them?

The 9m owed against work that they had a contract to do, pretty sure that wasn't a sealed envelope with lowest quote accepted eh!!

If they've, as you claimed, not put a penny in, they wouldn't be owed any money...

Of course they look to make a profit. Nothing wrong with that per se.

To the detriment of the club?

I realise there's been an internet crusade to expose the EVIL of PMG, but let's face facts. They could have got the club into admin at numerous points. They've put more money in than Ridsdale, don't forget.

Any pointing the finger solely at PMG is more aimed at propaganda to lessen Ridders mismanagement.

Where did I say i was pointing my finger solely at PMG??? The fact that Ridders is a crook shouldn't deflect from the fact that these two are out for themselves and have been very clever in gaining work and land by being involved in Cardiff City FC.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:32 am

swindonbluebird wrote:All this Anti-Ridsdale stuff I can understand but what I cannot understand is how Paul Guy and Mike Hall seem to have got away with making a hell of a lot more than Ridsdale without any of the flack. They own 20% of the shares but were allowed to buy the land to build the hotel even though that was meant to be built by Cardiff City with all the money coming back into the club but now PMG will get all the profits. I am not up to date with all the inside info on the club but these two seem to be making millions and millions while all the time not putting a single penny into the club themselves and what I can understand is by the club being close to administration they will now be able to make tens of millions of pounds by building the hotel. These pair of f*cking Eggchasing pricks have done as much as Ridsdale to put us in this position but nobody seems to mention them!! :evil:

so apart from putting the wages for 6 months prior to sams leaving and then putting in the 7 million shortfall to allow the stadium to be built and then stumping up another 1.2 million for the tax bill in february they have done f**k all where as ridsdale owns 10% of the club without putting anything in himself.

For clarification purposes swindon capitol and regional were appointed to build and develop the retail park and they only managed to bring in costco before they walked away from the project
then and only then did pmg step into the breech and take over bringing in the rest of the retailers
the money for the land sale of the hotel did not come off pmg's debt but went straight to the revenue toward the tax bill.
so they created another fresh debt of 1.2 million.
the club owe these people 9 million do you expect them just to write the debt off

Anybody with doubts about pmg should e.mail steve borley who will put you right about their role in keeping this club afloat over the last few years.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:53 am

Absolutely spot on.

Peter Ridsdale OWNS 10% of Cardiff City Football Club.

yet he's never put a penny in, he's probably paid himself in excess of £3million since he's been here.
He's consistently told barefaced lies to fans, contractors and shareholders. He's blatantly conned
fans out of millions to pay a tax bill he'd done his best to hide. He's brought in fat, past it players and
nearly crippled the club with wages. He's sorted himself, financial 'experts' and an arrogant manager
cosy, probably watertight contracts costing the club millions... the list goes on...

PMG are eggwrestlers, but first and foremost they are businessmen. Cardiff City was never a
'labour of love' for them. They were always going to want a return on their investment

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:16 pm

taffyapple wrote:Absolutely spot on.

Peter Ridsdale OWNS 10% of Cardiff City Football Club.

yet he's never put a penny in, he's probably paid himself in excess of £3million since he's been here.
He's consistently told barefaced lies to fans, contractors and shareholders. He's blatantly conned
fans out of millions to pay a tax bill he'd done his best to hide. He's brought in fat, past it players and
nearly crippled the club with wages. He's sorted himself, financial 'experts' and an arrogant manager
cosy, probably watertight contracts costing the club millions... the list goes on...

PMG are eggwrestlers, but first and foremost they are businessmen. Cardiff City was never a
'labour of love' for them. They were always going to want a return on their investment

taffy
its a myth about paul being an eggchaser he was always more interested in the ice hockey

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:00 pm

steve davies wrote:taffy
its a myth about paul being an eggchaser he was always more interested in the ice hockey

Steve you have just started a whole new conspiracy theory now.

This new information along with the recent Boilergate scandal might indicate some elaborate plan to turn CCS into the new home of the Devils ;) :lol:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:10 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

This new information along with the recent Boilergate scandal might indicate some elaborate plan to turn CCS into the new home of the Devils ;) :lol:

as soon as i posted that tony i thought i would be skating on thin ice :lol:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:16 pm

steve davies wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:22 pm

steve davies wrote:

Just as well we're playing the blades tomorrow...