Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BRISTOL CITY FAN ATTACKED ON SLOPER ROAD

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:22 am

blueheaven wrote:The one thing you can guarantee is some idiots from Wurzle land will be looking for retribution when we go to Trashton Gate and probably one or two of our scarfers will end up getting a kicking :( So well done to the prick with half a brain cell who attacked the Bristol fan because all he's done is made it more difficult for any City fans travelling away :twisted:

The wurzels are fairly notorious for such attacks and this will be an excuse for revenge.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:26 am

Sounds to me like our boy is a bit of a prick and should be punished. I dont care if he supports the same club as me, this is uncalled for.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:30 am

therealjimmyscoular wrote:LEIGHTON-JAMES DONT LIKE US I AGREE WITH EVERY THING YOU SAY HALF THE FANS WE GOT NOWARE f*cking PLASTIC AND THE ONES WHO SAY THEY WOULD GO TO COURT AGAINST A CARDIFF FAN ARE BIGGER SCUM BAGS THAN THE GUY WHO HIT A BRISTOL FAN.I THINK IF THEY DID GO TO COURT I DONT THINK THEY WOULD BE WELCOME DOWN THE FOOTBALL IN MY OPINION AS WE ALL KNOW GRASSES ARE NOT LIKED AND SOMEONE WOULD WANT TO SLAP THE GRASS FOR PUTTING THERE MATE IN JAIL.FACT

Ah, the old "using capitals makes my argument important" approach.

I'm sure those who helped the lad will have given statements to to the police. One of which was a woman.

Going to give her a "slap" for being a grass, hmm?

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:50 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Mixed race or just back of Holiday !!! Fair play i friggin laughed at that Chief :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like a sted head just off the sunbed to me :lol:

Though what his colour has to do with the price of fish is beyond me!!
Its football, Cardiff V The Wurzels. The Wurzel WASNT on his own by
all accounts. I dont agree with this kind of bollocks but at the end of
the day you are always going to get some pissed up geezer wanting
to throw his weight around. 22,000 people, lots been on the piss since
11am and one incident of violence? Whats the big deal? serious?
Cardiff City FC was a very very bad place for away fans a few years
back. Now its not. Some people get a bellyful of ale and want to fight
the world. Thats not a football problem, its just life. Lets not all
throw ourselves off buildings over this.

I dont agree with grassing either, unless its a rapist or a nonce.. and
even then I'd only tell the OB once I'd had a word or two myself

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:56 am

All
just for confirmation - it was my son that was assulted after leaving ground & we walking back to car - many thanks to all cardiff fans who assisted (especially the off duty paramedic).
6 stiches - are a possible fractured arm .- Great End to day .

Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:23 am

ninianblue wrote:from the bristol city site,,,,,, QUOTE. 2 cardiff fans got a kicking outside the westgate pub after the game, they however deserved it and were looking for trouble. :roll: :roll:

I was in the Westgate after the game and nothing happened

Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:35 am

i hope the old bill in portsmouth are reading your anti bullying posts - our guys who are getting done in pompey were helping a car group that had been attacked.
it happens everywhere, i've been in two's three's and fours and had to toe to toe many a time by being attacked by fans.
places like brighton, mansfield, slough!!!

A young guy i know got bullied in work by jacks cos he was a city fan - sad but this shite happens

Not condoning hitting a scarfer but this was a fierce local derby in years gone by, same as v jacks or newport. any 'cardiff' fan wearing a top around those grounds would get battered whether we were playing them or not.

it's a shame but this shite happens, don't lose any sleep over it though.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:37 am

I wear a Cardiff shirt to play football at Spytty Park almost every week, I have had a few comments but I just ask them what pub they were playing this week.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:38 am

Steve Van Halen wrote:I wear a Cardiff shirt to play football at Spytty Park almost every week, I have had a few comments but I just ask them what pub they were playing this week.

what day u play, and who you play for mate?

Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:49 pm

bang out of order but the facts.

1-Brizzle city are the biggest in the business for attacking scarfers or small numbers bullying lone lads on Trains inc ccfc (famous for it at trashton gate for 30 years)

A firm goes one way the stragglers go another they go after the stragglers.

there will always be dickheads who do this we've all been on the recieving end etc!

Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:03 pm

I play on Sundays for the Strollers. Currently out injured though

Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:06 pm

Steve Van Halen wrote:I play on Sundays for the Strollers. Currently out injured though

we play sundays/mondays it varies. we are top of div1 somehow.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:16 pm

I did play for the Eagles in Division 1 but left as all their games were on Mondays and thats one of my Futsal nights. I have played for loads of teams down there! Won and finished runners up in every division bar the premier although I did play a handful of games for CBC when they won the premier when they were short.

I believe you boys are the Atlanteans, I may have played for Brdaric against you but I was out injured for a lot of that season too. In fact we had to cancel a game against you because we didnt have enough players

Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:22 pm

Steve Van Halen wrote:I did play for the Eagles in Division 1 but left as all their games were on Mondays and thats one of my Futsal nights. I have played for loads of teams down there! Won and finished runners up in every division bar the premier although I did play a handful of games for CBC when they won the premier when they were short.

I believe you boys are the Atlanteans, I may have played for Brdaric against you but I was out injured for a lot of that season too. In fact we had to cancel a game against you because we didnt have enough players

I play for Newport cricket club/footie team mate. I think were top of div1, may be 2. i dont take it at all serious, hense why im not even sure of what league. :oops:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:41 pm

Thats Division 2, you beat us 2-1 a few weeks back but I wasnt playing as it was a monday night.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:51 pm

placid-casual wrote:bang out of order but the facts.

1-Brizzle city are the biggest in the business for attacking scarfers or small numbers bullying lone lads on Trains inc ccfc (famous for it at trashton gate for 30 years)

A firm goes one way the stragglers go another they go after the stragglers.

there will always be dickheads who do this we've all been on the recieving end etc!

Comrade you make some interesting points and they are of coarse very true.
I also thought you was leaving this Forum due to the fact that to many on here Goose step :lol:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:37 pm

IF i walked around bristol in a cardiff shirt i would expect to get a kicking.

Hanging one of your own is just not done.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:IF i walked around bristol in a cardiff shirt i would expect to get a kicking.

FACT

Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:20 pm

Why? 4th biggest city in the UK yet they have a shit following. Ive worn my Cardiff fleece around Bristol a few times and not had one comment. Its a rugby City that has more problems with plastics than we do. FACTOID

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:24 pm

I saw the incident and it was shamefull, The Bristol fan was around 16 at most in a yellow away shirt , walking along Sloper Road towards Penarth Road minding his own business talking to his mates.He was pushed from behind into a steel fence and seemed to cut his head on a concrete wall.
not a very good image of Cardiff city fans.......never had us down for this sort of garbage,The bloke needs to grow up or try picking fights with someone who is looking for a ruck,.......tell him to try Merthyr or Tredegar on a friday night.....loads of willing participants.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:25 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:IF i walked around bristol in a cardiff shirt i would expect to get a kicking.

well said johnny

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:35 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:

well said johnny

Here here, some sense at last :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:00 pm

Attacking a kid from behind isnt 'done' either. Cowardly attack, do we really want to consider someone like this as oneof our own? I'd rather not, hope he gets banned from the stadium

Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:03 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:If I saw a Cardiff Fan Blatenly bully and cause thuggery to a quiet type supporter a (Scarfer)as you say' and it was shocking, I'd tell the Cardiff lad He was a Prick and ask him will be so brave at Millwall away, and embarrass him as at times being embarrassed is worse than retribution. But to bring the police on a fellow Cardiff fan or tell tail TIT him to the law'''' Im sorry but I find it even more shocking, And the fact that people on here are openly advising any possible witnesses to help send The Cardiff Boy to jail??? Is mind blowing, I hope the Worzie is ok but he must have been the same type of fan like Our new wavers, or new to the game, fek Me Bristol and scumsea are are like twins to myself and no doubt many other Cardiff Fans, Didnt his mummy n daddy warn him not to stray from the pack?? Anyway I do feel that If Cardiff was in 2nd Division certain posters on here would be going down to Scumsea glory hunting??? I think loosing the FA Cup Final to Pompey may have been a blessing, BECAUSE A LOT OF TELL TALE TITS LOST INTEREST IN THE CARDIFF CITY, I hate to think what it would be like had City won the Cup attracting 2-3 times more of you than there is already!!!! Looks like the the new wave Cardiff Fan has not just killed the atmosphere at home games, They'r doing a good job on most MB's !! Feking Do Gooders :old:

spot on :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:47 am

Wembley 2008 wrote:All
just for confirmation - it was my son that was assulted after leaving ground & we walking back to car - many thanks to all cardiff fans who assisted (especially the off duty paramedic).
6 stiches - are a possible fractured arm .- Great End to day .

Hope your son is ok mate and I'm sorry that he had to deal with that.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:26 pm

But as said before the moral high ground cannot be held with BCFC as they are notorious for doing that with there latest generation of hooligans. It is just not done at CCFC and the Proper Lads will be pissed off with that as it reflects on them.
The last time i heard that to happen was about 10 to 15 years ago when two Brighton fans were attacked. I heard they were dealt with by Lads so that they would never do that again. Again is he a proper City fan because if he was he would know you dont do that.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:06 pm

The following statement has been released on Wednesday 24th August in relation to an ongoing investigation to an incident after the Cardiff City v Bristol City match on August 14.

SOUTH Wales Police wishes to thank Cardiff City fans for their assistance during a recent investigation. Officers have praised the response and actions of Bluebird supporters following an assault near to the ground on a visiting supporter.

The incident occurred at the end of the first home game of this season - Cardiff City v Bristol City - on Sunday, August 14. A 24-year-old man wearing a Bristol City top was the victim of an assault in Sloper Road resulting in him requiring a number of stitches for a head injury.

Around 60 Cardiff City supporters came forward to speak with the police at the scene offering to assist with enquiries and volunteering to provide statements.

Sergeant Wayne Palmer, a Football Liaison Officer with South Wales Police, said: "Those who attend Cardiff City home games will know that it is very unusual to have any incidents of this nature in and around the stadium.

"I think it is important to recognise the fantastic response of the genuine Cardiff City fans who, not only helped the victim, but also stayed to assist officers with their enquiries. I can't speak highly enough of the Cardiff supporters who came forward and I pass on my personal thanks to all involved."

A 23-year-old man from Barry arrested in Sloper Road has been charged with wounding/causing grievous bodily harm. He has been granted conditional bail to appear at Cardiff Magistrates' Court next month.

Cardiff City Chief Executive Gethin Jenkins said: "We thank our supporters for the help they offered to the victim and the police during this incident and pass on our best wishes to the Bristol City supporter who was assaulted on Sloper Road after the August 14th match.

"Thankfully isolated incidents of this nature have become rare in recent years, while the wide scale actions from Cardiff City supporters in responding to this matter show how the vast majority of modern football fans conduct themselves.

"We understand that a 23-year-old man has been arrested in relation to this assault and, should a conviction follow, he will no longer be welcome as a supporter of Cardiff City Football Club, along with a minimum three year stadium ban being applied.

"As a club our stance on individuals committing violent acts remains firm, as does our support with authorities on stamping out and punishing such acts."

Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:14 pm

So he doesn't get a ban straight away ? Could be months before it gets to court.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:46 pm

:twisted: regards the attack at your place ,I really hope there's no reprisals when you play at ours :evil:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:49 pm

Listening to Palmers run down and the charges he is being faced with he's almost certain to go down imo. It shouldn't have been done to a shirter but a big part of me cringes when I hear he was 'grassed' up by Cardiff fans. You may need the same Cardiff fans looking after you one day.