Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: TLG SELLING HIS SEASON TICKET

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:46 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:Is jacking us in for good so he says, who would have thought :shock:
He said and i quote -- "Had I not been involved in those initial meetings with the club officials, I might feel a little differently about the situation. I doubt it, but I might. However, ever since then, I have felt completely disillusioned with this pathetic circus of a football club".

:ayatollah:

Any fan who requests a refund on the back of yesterdays announcements is not a true fan in my opinion the club is better off without.

Why would people like TLG think he is so special to be invited to any meetings the club has, that's where our club needs to be more professional in my opinion. Let the board members and shareholders have meetings and the use the CCSC to promote any ideas through members of the supporters club, and then hold some sort of ballot or opinion poll.

ANY FAN WHO IS HAPPY FROM YESTERDAYS ANNOUNCEMENTS IS NOT A TRUE FAN .The club maybe better off but the identity is gone sell outs end of.
To allow our so called fans leaders into these meetings is a joke really and seriously unprofessional.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:47 pm

f**k off then, were better without you, You wont be missed, Ta Ra then, all these have been used to have a go at the blue camp. This is not the Cardiff City fans i remember. I will go next season and see how i feel but if the love has completely gone then i will be off, i don't want any one to care or would i care what the red camp opinions are of me. TLG has his opinion and acted on it, its sad so many fans are thinking of walking. but more heartache is on the way and in some ways better get out now before you get really hurt.
But answer me this all those in the red camp at what point would you say it isn't for me anymore ? :
Red Kits maybe ?
Red Stadium maybe ?
Bluebird completely taken off badge maybe ?
We loose the nickname the Bluebirds maybe ?
We loose the Name Cardiff City maybe ?
We are relocated to another part of the Country maybe ?
There is nothing left to associate us with Cardiff City maybe ?
Or you could be they can do what they like i will support whatever they put in front of me...........Maybe !!

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:14 pm

Occasional Violins wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:What angers me is, if these changes promote my club in Malaysia or China, and there plan works and we either have another income stream of revenue to take us to the next level, then you will see all the fans return once success on the field is regular, thats what pisses me off.

And what pisses me off is you saying that after 37 years watching and adoring Cardiff and being willing to let that go out of principle, I'm going to change my stance because a bit of success comes along. Would that be the same success that got me hooked in the first place :?

I hope that Cardiff City go on to do it all because a lot of good life-long friends and family will continue to follow them and because they still represent my area. I however will not set foot inside that stadium for a Cardiff game until they are back in blue, be that the Premier League, Champions League or the Cardiff Combination League.

That's the funny part, you can still love and adore Cardiff City.... nothing has changed other than Colour/Badge

OK, when you buy a record, do you buy the records because the singer is a hottie?? they wear nice clothes or you like there shoes??? NO!! its the sound of the record that makes you buy the CD and watch there concerts spend countless money on merchandise. A football club has the same principles, success on the field brings more fans, the more success the bigger the club. we took over 40k to Wembley yet we only have 18k season ticket holders, success on the field bring more and more fans. If Barcelona were relegated do you think millions would stop going to the Camp Nou or stop buying there merchandise??

Listen, I'm 33 and I've been a city fan for only 25 years, that's not a lot, my father an easy 50 years my grand father an easy 70 years, but what is happening at our club is to help us get to the next level, something 3 generations of city fans have seen, my grandfather was 6 when we won the FA cup, in my lifetime it would be great to see top level success at CCFC because I aint getting younger.

Sam Hamann, wanted to rename the club, send us to Dublin from memory and still fans on here call his name, praise the work that he did? TG & VT are pumping millions into the club I love and if I have to wear red to show loyalty, ya damn right I will, its like Michael Jackson, he went from Black to white, yet million upon millions still adored him and will continue for years to come.

I'm not on here to change anyone's mind, were all grown men/women and we make our own choices in life. The choice I make is to follow Cardiff City regardless of colour and I am truly excited about the future prospects of my football club.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:35 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:Any fan who requests a refund on the back of yesterdays announcements is not a true fan in my opinion the club is better off without.

Why would people like TLG think he is so special to be invited to any meetings the club has, that's where our club needs to be more professional in my opinion. Let the board members and shareholders have meetings and the use the CCSC to promote any ideas through members of the supporters club, and then hold some sort of ballot or opinion poll.

To allow our so called fans leaders into these meetings is a joke really and seriously unprofessional.

What is a true fan???? tell us all what a true fan is ???
The club is run like a circus he is rite there because nobody bar the people who sit in the board room who mean something should be allowed in there thats for sure that way i doubt 95% of the shit being spoken about on are boards would be getting talked about before its out and released by the club in the media.[/quote]

A true fan is someone who embraces change and accepts that changes have to be taken in order for a football club in this current climate to survive. To sell his ticket based on what happened yesterday is rather sad, yes we played in blue for 104 years, yes we are the bluebirds, but a football club is a business and if there changes mean I still watch Cardiff City on a Saturday afternoon, I don't give a rats ass what colour we play in. I have a young family and to slip away with the boys for a few beers to watch the city is something i don't take for granted, and to be frank makes my week.

What angers me is, if these changes promote my club in Malaysia or China, and there plan works and we either have another income stream of revenue to take us to the next level, then you will see all the fans return once success on the field is regular, thats what pisses me off.

Listen watching a supporting a club in the 70's/80's has changed, its now all about money and the richest survive.

Ask any Pompy, Rangers, Port Vale or Darlington fan if a colour change would save them, would it really matter... Come on Darlo went down 7 Divisions..... Christ that's way past part timers, these changes may have prevented such action by the FA on us, now CARDIFF CITY have survived.

Think about it.[/quote]

they dont ! they have a overiding objection to change doesnt matter to them if we are in div 9 south as long as in blue!
they say we are scare mongering but its a fact without malasians money we be bankrupt not in admin cease to trade why cant they open there eyes and see that fact??? instead of being blinkered to everything except blue!!!!

Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:56 pm

The reason tlg was at the meeting was he was representing the supporters trust. Annis and carl the forum ect......Alan Whiteley stated that the malaysions were NOT pulling out if the club stayed blue. Anyone who says we would be put into administratión is wrong or scaremongering.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:03 pm

TLG is a bellend of the highest order. Fact. Anyone associated with him should hang their head in shame

And people like Nuclearblue should shut up with the incessant anti Malaysian vitriol and scaremongering. The extensive re branding to MK/Wimbledon is now banned under FA jurisdiction. God. Any crap to get your own way, which is dragging the ambitious among us down. Cowardly scare tactics.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:28 pm

The Lad wrote:TLG is a bellend of the highest order. Fact. Anyone associated with him should hang their head in shame

And people like Nuclearblue should shut up with the incessant anti Malaysian vitriol and scaremongering. The extensive re branding to MK/Wimbledon is now banned under FA jurisdiction. God. Any crap to get your own way, which is dragging the ambitious among us down. Cowardly scare tactics.

You're a bit of a prick too, sweetheart

Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:31 pm

I really couldn't less if he goes or not, same goes for most people. If a family member or friend said they were not longer going id be disappointed but I wouldnt expect them to make a thread on it telling the world, just drop me a text to let me know like.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:01 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Or you could be they can do what they like i will support whatever they put in front of me...........Maybe !!

Already done that one Nukes when I watched every game, home and away, during the Alan Durban time back in the 80's. Successive relegations and absolute shite week in week out but I still went. Why?

Because Cardiff City FC is in my blood and changing the name is the time when I will draw the line, but Red shirts is an issue thats not worth digging a ditch to die in.

Just my opinion.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:08 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Is jacking us in for good so he says, who would have thought :shock:
He said and i quote -- "Had I not been involved in those initial meetings with the club officials, I might feel a little differently about the situation. I doubt it, but I might. However, ever since then, I have felt completely disillusioned with this pathetic circus of a football club".

He'll be there supporting a red curly wig, hoping no one will notice. Bit like this one :rr:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:56 pm

I hope that Dave will reconsider. He is a longstanding City fan, and has been arranging away travel for years.

Some of the 'winning side' in this situation should realise how difficult this is for some fans. People like TLG will be missed, as would any Bluebird.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:57 pm

He's a complete w@nker…..hope he never comes back.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:24 pm

bluecyw wrote:
ronnieconradsflatcap wrote:Im off as well I will be seeking a refund on my season ticket

Until them crooks& liars have left my Cardiff City

you stayed when Sam and Ridsdale were there tho :lol:

theres too many hypocrites about

Agreed. Remarkable isnt it. VT has not taken a penny out and put millions of his own money in yet he is a crook?!

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:39 pm

shadwellblue wrote:
bluecyw wrote:
ronnieconradsflatcap wrote:Im off as well I will be seeking a refund on my season ticket

Until them crooks& liars have left my Cardiff City

you stayed when Sam and Ridsdale were there tho :lol:

theres too many hypocrites about

Agreed. Remarkable isnt it. VT has not taken a penny out and put millions of his own money in yet he is a crook?!

Spot on, and when the financial accounts are released by companies house or the club next year, a lot of fans will look very stupid indeed.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:40 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:I hope that Dave will reconsider. He is a longstanding City fan, and has been arranging away travel for years.

Some of the 'winning side' in this situation should realise how difficult this is for some fans. People like TLG will be missed, as would any Bluebird.

Yep i agree but its easy for the new breeds to say hes a bellend and we dont want him there yet know f**k all about him to start with :roll:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:17 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:I hope that Dave will reconsider. He is a longstanding City fan, and has been arranging away travel for years.

Don't know the guy - never met him as far as I know, but think its sad that a city fan no longer wants to watch his club. Surely there is no winning side in any of this. No colour divison, no right side, no wrong side, no sell outs, no glory hunters, no plastics [for 1948], no dinosaurs, no more divides - just Cardiff City Fans.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:19 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

Yep i agree but its easy for the new breeds to say hes a bellend and we dont want him there yet know f**k all about him to start with :roll:

lmao always "new breeds" or some rhetoric along those lines

pipe down elitists.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:20 pm

And I don't particularly want to know him judging by his blog and delusions of grandeur and I can make my own judgements.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:27 pm

The Lad wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

pipe down elitists.

The Lad wrote:TLG is a bellend of the highest order. Fact. Anyone associated with him should hang their head in shame

The Lad wrote:And I don't particularly want to know him judging by his blog and delusions of grandeur and I can make my own judgements.

So my new breed claim which is my own judgement as you put it is much lesser than yours of somebody then because you read his blog as you say :lol: I only hear the words pipe down off hoody scallywags sitting on park benches while walking past with the dog, there normally about 16-19 year olds so i guess you are a NEW BREED of fan :lol:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:27 pm

The Lad wrote:And I don't particularly want to know him judging by his blog and delusions of grandeur and I can make my own judgements.

I have to agree, some of his blogs are rather, how can I say....... rather dull.

To simply not renew because he was not invited to the proposals is preposterous.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:29 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
The Lad wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

pipe down elitists.

So my new breed claim is much lesser than yours of somebody then because you read his blog as you say :lol: I only hear the word pipe down off hoody scallywags sitting on park benches while walking past with the dog, there normally about 16-19 year olds so i guess you are a NEW BREED of fan :lol:

Yeah because mine is actually inferred from words of the person whereas your new breed insult is just made up to degrade people.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:31 pm

The Lad wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
The Lad wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

pipe down elitists.

So my new breed claim is much lesser than yours of somebody then because you read his blog as you say :lol: I only hear the word pipe down off hoody scallywags sitting on park benches while walking past with the dog, there normally about 16-19 year olds so i guess you are a NEW BREED of fan :lol:

Yeah because mine is actually inferred from words of the person whereas your new breed insult is just made up to degrade people.

Then you have just been degraded i guess because calling somebody a bellend is not trying to degrade anyone is it as you put it :roll:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:33 pm

Just a Bluff like all the other antagonist's tell him i will give him a Nifty fifty for it .....result :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:35 pm

castleblue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Or you could be they can do what they like i will support whatever they put in front of me...........Maybe !!

Already done that one Nukes when I watched every game, home and away, during the Alan Durban time back in the 80's. Successive relegations and absolute shite week in week out but I still went. Why?

Because Cardiff City FC is in my blood and changing the name is the time when I will draw the line, but Red shirts is an issue thats not worth digging a ditch to die in.

Just my opinion.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree entirely with this....changing the name would be the end, but this rebranding is not a major problem for me.

However, those of us who feel this way should show as much respect as possible to people who feel really strongly the other way, and I hope we don't lose a single fan in the long run, as we need every one we can get, especially fans who have been loyal fans throughout the lean years :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:37 pm

Hed have to pay me 300 to put a card with his pompous mug on it in my wallet.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:40 pm

Die Walkure wrote:I agree entirely with this....changing the name would be the end, but this rebranding is not a major problem for me.

However, those of us who feel this way should show as much respect as possible to people who feel really strongly the other way, and I hope we don't lose a single fan in the long run, as we need every one we can get, especially fans who have been loyal fans throughout the lean years :ayatollah:

If that is how you truly feel, then I must commend you on it.

However, what you said elsewhere about those against the rebranding not really having the right to protest, due to thembeing in a minority, isn't really fair.

We live in a democracy, many minorities protest and indeed have their concerns listened to, sometimes dealt with. 'The greatest good for the greatest number' never did work in politics, and it doesn't in society as a whole,

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:29 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:I agree entirely with this....changing the name would be the end, but this rebranding is not a major problem for me.

If that is how you truly feel, then I must commend you on it.

However, what you said elsewhere about those against the rebranding not really having the right to protest, due to thembeing in a minority, isn't really fair.

We live in a democracy, many minorities protest and indeed have their concerns listened to, sometimes dealt with. 'The greatest good for the greatest number' never did work in politics, and it doesn't in society as a whole,

I really do mean what I say, and I take absolutely no pleasure at all in seeing many fellow fans clearly in such turmoil over this issue that they may even not come to see the club anymore. That would be a terrible tragedy and one I would want to avoid if at all possible.

On the point about the protests, yes, you are right on that, of course people have the right to protest if they want to over any issue. I fully accept your criticism there.

By way of explanation, I was only worried that the media might give the impression that the majority of fans feel that way, when all the polls that have been done (admittedly non scientifically) show a probable majority in favour of the changes (I accept though almost certainly because they fear the alternative could be liquidation). I may however have given the wrong impression in my response on that thread, and I will add another one there to confirm what I've said here.

I'm often in a minority on issues myself (I'm a non Nationalistic Republican and definitely felt so over the last week-end with the Royalist jamboree), so certainly believe people should make their views know, even when they may not be in the majority.