Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I really feel for MM at the moment

Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:58 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
polo wrote: :roll:

Yep, nobody on this thread has said it, even though it is what MG was implying, but its been said on plenty of other threads that the budget is tight. According to Annis, as little as a quarter of what DJ had to spend although I cant see that myself, but it dont take a genius to work out we are cutting our cloth accordingly these days.

Which is why I am questioning spending that money on Ben Turner when we needed strengthening in other areas first.

Just MY opinion. if that makes me a dick then so be it. :roll:

As I said, nobody on here knows what the budget is and if you don’t think we should be cutting our cloth accordingly, then you need to wake up and look at all the other clubs, who can’t even afford to buy any cloth, like Forest, Boro and the likes of Plymouth!
As for spending money on Ben Turner, when we need players in other departments, then this clearly shows that Malky has identified, that our central defence isn’t what it should be!
I for one, agree with him and as he’s spent money on a centre back, whilst clearly being short in the forward department especially, shows that he has money to spend and will bring those type of players in, as and when the opportunity for the right player(s) comes along! This shows that the board IMO are backing Malky, which is what the op (who is also a dick btw), is questioning! :P

I wish you would stop putting words in my mouth. :roll:

Where do I question not cutting our cloth accordingly?

Tosspot

Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:06 pm

polo wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Yep, nobody on this thread has said it, even though it is what MG was implying, but its been said on plenty of other threads that the budget is tight. According to Annis, as little as a quarter of what DJ had to spend although I cant see that myself, but it dont take a genius to work out we are cutting our cloth accordingly these days.

Which is why I am questioning spending that money on Ben Turner when we needed strengthening in other areas first.

As I said, nobody on here knows what the budget is and if you don’t think we should be cutting our cloth accordingly, then you need to wake up and look at all the other clubs, who can’t even afford to buy any cloth, like Forest, Boro and the likes of Plymouth!
As for spending money on Ben Turner, when we need players in other departments, then this clearly shows that Malky has identified, that our central defence isn’t what it should be!
I for one, agree with him and as he’s spent money on a centre back, whilst clearly being short in the forward department especially, shows that he has money to spend and will bring those type of players in, as and when the opportunity for the right player(s) comes along! This shows that the board IMO are backing Malky, which is what the op (who is also a dick btw), is questioning! :P

Tosspot

Bit harsh calling yourself a Tosspot, but if the cap fits I suppose! :P

Got to go to work and squash now, so I’ll slap you down a bit further later! ;)

Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:10 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
polo wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Tosspot

Bit harsh calling yourself a Tosspot, but if the cap fits I suppose! :P

Got to go to work and squash now, so I’ll slap you down a bit further later! ;)

I hope you twist your ankle

Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:23 pm

One way to unravel the question as to whether Malky is being backed by the Board or not,would be a simple statement of intent made by the owners,included in this statement would have to be whether Malky would have sufficient money available to strengthen the club this season,then we would all know where we stand,of course i fully expect the club not to issue such a statement,as that would be to easy,so we are all left to speculate the reasons why after such a flood of new players coming to the club,Malky seems very reluctant even to bring a loan signing in......so let the speculation continue

Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:28 pm

angelis49 wrote:One way to unravel the question as to whether Malky is being backed by the Board or not,would be a simple statement of intent made by the owners,included in this statement would have to be whether Malky would have sufficient money available to strengthen the club this season,then we would all know where we stand,of course i fully expect the club not to issue such a statement,as that would be to easy,so we are all left to speculate the reasons why after such a flood of new players coming to the club,Malky seems very reluctant even to bring a loan signing in......so let the speculation continue

No speculation allowed unless you agree with Overthemoon.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:31 pm

angelis49 wrote:One way to unravel the question as to whether Malky is being backed by the Board or not,would be a simple statement of intent made by the owners,included in this statement would have to be whether Malky would have sufficient money available to strengthen the club this season,then we would all know where we stand,of course i fully expect the club not to issue such a statement,as that would be to easy,so we are all left to speculate the reasons why after such a flood of new players coming to the club,Malky seems very reluctant even to bring a loan signing in......so let the speculation continue

Why would the club do that :roll:
Dont you think such a statement would add a bit extra to any fees payable :roll:

Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:31 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Why would you think that? MM hasn't hinted anything like that :?
He is saying he is looking :roll:

Look what happened to McClaren, he slated the board in the press saying they weren't going after anyone and now look at him. Malky isn't that stupid

Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:37 pm

Richie wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Why would you think that? MM hasn't hinted anything like that :?

Look what happened to McClaren, he slated the board in the press saying they weren't going after anyone and now look at him. Malky isn't that stupid

Who said he had to slate the board :?
Just say nothing or little.

MM went out of his way to say he was trying to get loans in and that he had contacted 6 players and turned down another because he wasnt right for us.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Richie wrote:

Who said he had to slate the board :?
Just say nothing or little.

MM went out of his way to say he was trying to get loans in and that he had contacted 6 players and turned down another because he wasnt right for us.

Then it raises the question why couldnt he attract any of those 6 players?

Is it because he couldnt sell them the club, or the malaysians are not willing to pay stupid wages?

Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:49 pm

Is it because he couldnt sell them the club, or the malaysians are not willing to pay stupid wages?

Well firstly I hope the club wont be paying stupid wages.

Maybe MM just didnt think it was value out of the budget. Loan fee's plus large wages, loans arent cheap.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:49 pm

Maybe MM just didnt think it was value out of the budget. Loan fee's plus large wages, loans arent cheap.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:53 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Or a classic Ridsdale tactic, enquiring about players, putting it out in the public to make it look like we were going for players , when in reality we had no intention of getting anyone in.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:55 pm

Yeah I guess thats it then, MM OUT

Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:23 pm

Midfield general wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Midfield general wrote:I'm sure that he would have thought he'd get more than this from the board at the club. Just my opinion but I can't help feeling that he's been let down by the boardroom battles within the club.

What boardroom battle do you mean??

Why do you persist in making things up in your head?

NONE of us know whats going on in that boardroom. Perfect example:

Gethin Jenkins.

Who saw that one coming? Nobody!

Are you sure 'nobody' knew about Gethin Jenkins..? ;) Hense why I mentioned about 'boardroom battle' just yesterday

:lol: oooooh nice try

Your posts have always intimated that 'the Malaysians' just aint backing Malky.

this stuff about Jenkins only underlines that they ARE backing Malky, and that
the reason we aint got loan signings in is cos Jenkins fucked up

Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:24 pm

Midfield general wrote:I'm sure that he would have thought he'd get more than this from the board at the club. Just my opinion but I can't help feeling that he's been let down by the boardroom battles within the club.

no battles mate - the board united in the thoughts of Jenkins.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:29 pm

General what will be your feeling if we spend a couple of million on loans next few weeks?
Will you still expect further investment in jan?
Will you then also moan that the malaysians have added to the debt at the end of the season?

Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:44 pm

What's the difference, Borley said they wouldn't play players on loan when on international duty now.

But what bout the debt question? It intregues mejia everyone demands investment yet I remember people moaning about further debt last season.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:32 pm

Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:General what will be your feeling if we spend a couple of million on loans next few weeks?
Will you then also moan that the malaysians have added to the debt at the end of the season?

Hand on heart my 'personal' feeling would be why action wasn't done at a eariler date as I personally don't think there's much out there now until Jan. I feel it has the word 'despiration' written all over whats happened today

There's not a lot of loan movement been done full stop in this window. So if you
believe there's 'not a lot out there'...

Why are you moaning saying the board aint backing Malky?

Surely you've answered your own question as to why we've not got anyone in

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Midfield general wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:General what will be your feeling if we spend a couple of million on loans next few weeks?

Hand on heart my 'personal' feeling would be why action wasn't done at a eariler date as I personally don't think there's much out there now until Jan. I feel it has the word 'despiration' written all over whats happened today

There's not a lot of loan movement been done full stop in this window. So if you

Because the players who were out there have already been snapped up by other clubs up to this point and recent action has come too late in my book. I'm sorry Taffy if my inside knowledge angers you as its clearly has hit a nerve tonight maybe you should get yourself a drink and let it fester even more :lol:

Angers me ? :lol:

So help me out here tonight.

do you blame

Malky
Jenkins
The board
A lack of quality

or are you worried about all of the above? :lol:

Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:00 am

Midfield general wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

Because the players who were out there have already been snapped up by other clubs up to this point and recent action has come too late in my book. I'm sorry Taffy if my inside knowledge angers you as its clearly has hit a nerve tonight maybe you should get yourself a drink and let it fester even more :lol:

Angers me ? :lol:

So help me out here tonight.

do you blame

Malky
Jenkins
The board
A lack of quality

or are you worried about all of the above? :lol:

Something is clearly not hitting home with you is it:

I blame to board which includes Jenkins for putting broadroom politics ahead of everything else including the backing of the team manager. Because of this stand-off the lack of quality due to the lack of backing is easily on show for us all to see so because of this once again I feel the need to say 'I DO FEEL SORRY FOR MM' because none of the off-field issues is his problem.

by Midfield general » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:41 pm

Bluebird1993 wrote:
How'd you know the board ain't backing him?

Come on, you only have to look at how thin the squad is even before the injuries.

This was your answer on this very thread last night, be honest. you didnt have a clue what
was going to happen today did you. :lol:

Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:16 am

Midfield general wrote:The board which includes PMG/Malaysians/Jenkins and others in my opinion HAVEN'T backed MM because the spilt within the boardroom was their main priority. I'm off the opinion that boardroom politics should have been put on hold until the playing squad is sorted first but unfortunately the main players don't seem to have agreed with me.
Stop trying to find something which clearly isn't there.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What the f*ck do you know about the ethics of politics? You were suspended because of the way you behaved in council you total idiot.

We are talking a multi-million pound business here, I think VT and TG would know how to conduct themselves a little better than you.