Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Gerrard

Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:10 am

welshcitydragon wrote:Hudson must take the blame for the second goal. he had 3 Cardiff defenders in front of him when the ball come over , but 3 unmarked Hull players around him. He should have organised his defenders better and Marsh should have picked up on it also.. He could see the danger and unmarked players. :ayatollah:

Hudson also lost control of the ball in the build up to the first goal!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15045293.stm

As well as being too slow, Hudson’s organisational abilities are poor and whilst he can be vocal, he only appears that way, in the team huddle before the game and after poor defensive passages of play, especially when he is at fault!

I’m not fooled by Gerrard’s badge kissing either, but he’s a far better player than Hudson IMO!

Turner won every ball in the air when he came on against Hull and there’s no way that Malky is going to spend the amount of money on him that he has and not play him, so it’s going to be Turner and AN Other!

Personally, I would like this AN Other to be Gerrard, but we need somebody to command the back four and Turner & Gerrard may be too similar in style!

If this is the case, then I’d be happy for Darcy to be given a run out alongside Turner and then try Keinan, if that combination fails!

Due to a lack of a reserve side (which I don’t think we’ve got a big enough squad for in any case), we can only try out these combinations, in competitive matches!

Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:47 pm

drop hudson and gerrard i say :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:50 pm

I'm usually a fan of Hudson and Gerrard, but they've been making too many mistakes lately. Hoping Keinan and Turner get paired up for the cup game so we can see how that works out.