Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " MONDAY SEPTEMBER 26th 2011 UPDATE "

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:53 pm

CARL quoteThe barrels of lager that are bought at CCS are currently being sold to the Liberty Stadium and Millennium stadium at £88 per barrel but the cost to Cardiff City is £135 per barrel, this is how the prices are so high at City in terms of lager costs, each pint I am informed costs Compass £1.87 before staff costs are taken into account.

Carl having been in the trade myself, compass paying £135 a barrel is crap, no company is going to sign a contract to pay that amount per barrel, its a buyers market for free trade companies, of which Compass is one, this is only the story that compass are putting out to justify their high prices, the biggest cost would be the business rates, which compass not being liable for these rates as City would be paying them, I take the above comments off compass with a very large dose of salt :thumbup:

Re: "MONDAY SEPTEMBER 26th 2011 UPDATE"

Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:14 am

bluebirdtom16 wrote:1st comment

well f*cking done

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:18 am

I thought the VT school bit at the bottom would attract more interest. Good news.

And if you think its bad having expensive heiniken in the ground try swapping places with Dirty Leeds fans.... They sell Boddingtons at Elland Road. The Cream of Manchester! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:32 am

Great post again Carl ....... cant the OFT get involved with Compass as the prices are very very high at the CCS , they must be making a mint at the Mil Stad if they are paying less for beer BUT charging the rugby fans more than us at the CCS for a pint :lol:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:54 am

Igovernor wrote:CARL quoteThe barrels of lager that are bought at CCS are currently being sold to the Liberty Stadium and Millennium stadium at £88 per barrel but the cost to Cardiff City is £135 per barrel, this is how the prices are so high at City in terms of lager costs, each pint I am informed costs Compass £1.87 before staff costs are taken into account.

Carl having been in the trade myself, compass paying £135 a barrel is crap, no company is going to sign a contract to pay that amount per barrel, its a buyers market for free trade companies, of which Compass is one, this is only the story that compass are putting out to justify their high prices, the biggest cost would be the business rates, which compass not being liable for these rates as City would be paying them, I take the above comments off compass with a very large dose of salt :thumbup:

I was in the trade for 25 yrs, if you get a lump sum in advance of the brewery and then of Compass and were talking Millions of £'s then yes they will then dictate the price of a barrel, its not a buyers market when your totally tied to the Brewery, the Jacks are not tied, we are and for years to come, the only ones suffering and paying the price are us the fans.

In 1984, we(my family) were given a lump sum in the Prince of Wales from Welsh Brewers, boy did we regret it, We never did it again.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:55 am

I was hoping for a Q and A with someone.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:56 am

maccydee wrote:I was hoping for a Q and A with someone.

Neil :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:59 am

Joshing of course.

Hope the weather stays nice for my trip back to the UK although wouldn't mind a little rain. Bored of sunshine.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:13 am

I was in the trade for 25 yrs, if you get a lump sum in advance of the brewery and then of Compass and were talking Millions of £'s then yes they will then dictate the price of a barrel, its not a buyers market when your totally tied to the Brewery, the Jacks are not tied, we are and for years to come, the only ones suffering and paying the price are us the fans.

In 1984, we(my family) were given a lump sum in the Prince of Wales from Welsh Brewers, boy did we regret it, We never did it again.[/quote]

Annis if they were given millions then if you divide that by the number of barrels over the tied period it would bring the price per barrel down, lets be honest here compass are charging people as much as they can its what the market will stand, people are paying the price, if everyone stopped buying then the price would come down, but that is never going to happen because people will still buy, I am not saying they are not paying more than the liberty but what I am saying is that
@ £135 per barrel / 288 pints that works out at 47 pence per pint purchased not the £1.87 that they are saying as I said last night they are telling porkies

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:27 am

carlccfc wrote:The barrels of lager that are bought at CCS are currently being sold to the Liberty Stadium and Millennium stadium at £88 per barrel but the cost to Cardiff City is £135 per barrel, this is how the prices are so high at City in terms of lager costs, each pint I am informed costs Compass £1.87 before staff costs are taken into account. Compass are trying to recoup the outlay that they paid to the club for the contract.

Of course Compass are trying to recoup the cost of the contract at the CCS at the end of the day they are in business to make a profit. I would also say that the costs quoted here difficult to understand mainly because the "Barrel" costs and unit price bear absolutely no resemblance to the number of "Pints per barrel" available in a standard UK unit.

My understanding is a standard UK Barrel size is 36 gallons or 288 pints which even at £135 per barrel would relate to 47p per pint. It's far more likely that the stadium use 1 of the 2 standard UK "Kegs" either 11 gallons or 88 pints or 22 gallons or 166 pints. Either way the unit price would be £1.53 and 81p respectively. Unless of course you believe that Ridsdale negotiated a special deal with Heineken to change their packaging standards for a CCS special Keg size, that's just not going to happen is it.

I'm not sure what the difference in the price of a pint is between the CCS and the Liberty Stadium, if indeed there is a difference, but I do know there is a huge difference in the costs of fitting out the hospitality and catering areas between Cardiff City and Swansea City.

It is a matter of public records that the fit out costs of the Liberty Stadium was met in full by Swansea City Council, and that cost £2.37m was covered in the form of a chattells mortgage which was to be repaid from the profits from the hospitality and catering areas. However after not receiving a penny, not even to cover the interest on the mortgage, for 3 years Swansea City Council decided to write off the debt because of pressure from the Welsh Audit Office to recover the monies.

I don't know who paid for what at the CCS, but if the club do owe Compass money from fit out costs, then I say the Malaysians have done a good deal to offer an additional year on the contract to repay that debt. For me that's good business practice as it settles an outstanding debt without having a negative effect on chas flow, inthe short term at least.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:49 am

Castleblue the units are a barrel= 288 pints that is what barrels mean and as I said 10 minutes before your post that is 47 pence a pint, I was never good at maths but having been in the trade for 30 years I do know what a barrel means and what it costs per pint :thumbup:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:52 am

Igovernor wrote:I was in the trade for 25 yrs, if you get a lump sum in advance of the brewery and then of Compass and were talking Millions of £'s then yes they will then dictate the price of a barrel, its not a buyers market when your totally tied to the Brewery, the Jacks are not tied, we are and for years to come, the only ones suffering and paying the price are us the fans.

In 1984, we(my family) were given a lump sum in the Prince of Wales from Welsh Brewers, boy did we regret it, We never did it again.

Annis if they were given millions then if you divide that by the number of barrels over the tied period it would bring the price per barrel down, lets be honest here compass are charging people as much as they can its what the market will stand, people are paying the price, if everyone stopped buying then the price would come down, but that is never going to happen because people will still buy, I am not saying they are not paying more than the liberty but what I am saying is that
@ £135 per barrel / 288 pints that works out at 47 pence per pint purchased not the £1.87 that they are saying as I said last night they are telling porkies[/quote]

" A small barrel/keg at (contains 88 pints) at £135 plus vat. equals about £1.84. "
" Sadly I do agree that we the fans are being totally ripped of along the way. '

Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:51 am

Not defending PR,but the guy obviosly knows what he is doing when clubs are sailing close to winding up orders, he has had plenty of practice at it, Leeds, Barnsley,City and know Plymouth, can only assume that he gets the going rate for the job, and unfortunitly Peter Reed would have been the top earner at the club, so he would be the first to go, just goes to prove that you are just a number at the end of the day, hope they get out of the mess that they are in. :old:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:14 am

Do you think Ridesdale is into the occult or voodoo? For him to keep turning up at these clubs and get such a great deal is beyond me. It's a mystery.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:37 pm

I'm dissapointed with this update .............

Thought it was gonna be an interview with Rick Wright :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Joking Carl. Good mini update. Gutted about injuries tbh, tough two games now.
Miller up front on his own, he can nick a winner like at West Ham :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:01 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:I was in the trade for 25 yrs, if you get a lump sum in advance of the brewery and then of Compass and were talking Millions of £'s then yes they will then dictate the price of a barrel, its not a buyers market when your totally tied to the Brewery, the Jacks are not tied, we are and for years to come, the only ones suffering and paying the price are us the fans.

@ £135 per barrel / 288 pints that works out at 47 pence per pint purchased not the £1.87 that they are saying as I said last night they are telling porkies

" A small barrel/keg at (contains 88 pints) at £135 plus vat. equals about £1.84. "
" Sadly I do agree that we the fans are being totally ripped of along the way. '[/quote]

I have to say Annis you were spot on with this 11 gallon Keg thing, outside the stadium last night I noticed loads of empty kegs - all 1 gallon 88pint size.

Sorry I ever doubted you or Carl. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:13 am

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

" Sadly I do agree that we the fans are being totally ripped of along the way. '

I have to say Annis you were spot on with this 11 gallon Keg thing, outside the stadium last night I noticed loads of empty kegs - all 1 gallon 88pint size.

Sorry I ever doubted you or Carl. :oops: :oops: :oops:[/quote]

No problem Gary :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:25 pm

I checked up on the barrels last night and they are indeed 11 gallon barrels, I may have been 3p out on the pint though :oops:

Re: " MONDAY/WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 26th & 28th 2011 UPDATES "

Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:21 pm

We all know the only way to sort out the beer price is a TOTAL boycott, however we also know this isn't going to happen. Unless, we as a forum could nominate a game as a "boycott the bar game" and instead of buying a pint we each put £3.70 into a kitty for a good cause, Plymouth fc or something. Just an idea.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:24 pm

thanks carl, not bad for risdale. as dont forget .he was doing the job at plymouth for nothing. :roll: :lol:

Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:38 pm

The one piece of information i kneed to know seems to be the one piece of information your unable to give,namely is Malky's hands being tied behind his back by the owners as regarding future new signings or is there something else at play here,if so is Gethin Jenkins dismissal an issue.....if you want to be our man in the know,im afraid as far as im concerned you really need to earn that title

Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:15 pm

angelis49 wrote:The one piece of information i kneed to know seems to be the one piece of information your unable to give,namely is Malky's hands being tied behind his back by the owners as regarding future new signings or is there something else at play here,if so is Gethin Jenkins dismissal an issue.....if you want to be our man in the know,im afraid as far as im concerned you really need to earn that title

I doubt very much, that Carl is concerned about what you think is needed to pass your criteria. :D

Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:20 pm

SBF1 wrote:
angelis49 wrote:The one piece of information i kneed to know seems to be the one piece of information your unable to give,namely is Malky's hands being tied behind his back by the owners as regarding future new signings or is there something else at play here,if so is Gethin Jenkins dismissal an issue.....if you want to be our man in the know,im afraid as far as im concerned you really need to earn that title

I doubt very much, that Carl is concerned about what you think is needed to pass your criteria. :D

SBF1 that is where you are mistaken, Carl has rung me this afternoon in floods of tears :cry: :lol:

Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:32 pm

milly44 wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

SBF1 that is where you are mistaken, Carl has rung me this afternoon in floods of tears :cry: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Hope you consoled him Milly? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: