Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ALL GOING OFF AT BIRMINGHAM

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:39 am

birchblue wrote:If that was us it would be main news nothing on itv news what i seen tonight was worse than any student riot so why has it not made the news COVER UP f---ing joke. :evil:

No chance would we get anything worse than whatever Birmingham get. Why would we? Why would we get singled out and get it plastered all over the news, as other posts on this topic suggest? Where's the recent precedent? It's also been suggested in another post that Brum will get clobbered because of their reputation, which is about the same as ours. The fact flares were used suggests some pre-meditation, so whoever used them in the ground will have the book thrown at them and also Birmingham for not confiscating them. But why would we suffer any worse if it was us? All this "if it was us" talk baffles the life out of me. It's all nonsense and show me when it's happened lately and I will eat my words

Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:57 am

Lucky enough it hasnt been that bad for years so cant help you but it was played down last night due to the world cup bid.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:03 am

i like to think its a english welsh thing!

if it was us last night , headlines in the paper this morning would be "cardiff thugs same britian and could spoil world cup bid" and stuff about us being ejected out of the league :roll:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:51 pm

no report of it in todays sun...typical

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:06 am

Ben wrote:look at all the smashed up seats :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

any white plastic chairs around? :lol:

Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:43 pm

Yesterday evening I had the news on ITV HD and when the local news came on it happened to be the regional news which covers the local Birmingham area.
They didn't mention the trouble at the Villa game at all. Not a single mention.

Now I'm going to throw an idea in the air here. Lets assume Wales had just lost the WC bid a day or two after a Cardiff v Swansea punch up. There would have been an EXTENDED ITV Wales news dedicated to slamming us and blaming us for everything from directly losing the world cup bid to world hunger. Following the ITV Wales broadcast there would have been a special Week in, Week Out and a special Wales this Week put out both calling for the immediate closure of Cardiff and Swansea football clubs.

Am I wrong here? Am I just being paranoid or what?

Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:46 pm

Berwyn wrote:Am I wrong here? Am I just being paranoid or what?

I don't think there would have been. I've said before on here, there seems to be a bit of a siege mentality about the way we perceive we are being treated by the media.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:41 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
Berwyn wrote:Am I wrong here? Am I just being paranoid or what?

I don't think there would have been. I've said before on here, there seems to be a bit of a siege mentality about the way we perceive we are being treated by the media.

Yes, says someone who works for the Echo.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:44 pm

Echo news:
RIOT AT PREMIER LEAGUE FOOTBALL MATCH CARDIFF CITY BLAMED

You know they would -.-