Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The most households with a City fan in per 1000 is in..

Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:49 pm

CF31?
Bridgend? :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:49 pm

no its not fun, just boring and tedious

Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:50 pm

CCFCJay wrote:Rhondda :ayatollah:

And the Drunkest Fans!! :lol:

Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:50 pm

I want to know, its annoying me now :lol:

Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:51 pm

Siberia?...

Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:55 pm

NP Postcode?

Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:59 pm

Port Talbot.????

Neath?????

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:00 pm

It's obviously Aberdare...

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:11 pm

np11 crosskeys or np11 rogerstone :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:11 pm

tripper wrote:np11 crosskeys or np11 rogerstone :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

sorry, np10 rogerstone :lol:

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:15 pm

CF15 :?:
Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored
Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored
Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored :D

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:17 pm

CF14? Rhiwbina?

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:28 pm

Maylasia :ayatollah: :D

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:29 pm

Ystrad Mynach CF82

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:30 pm

Blackwood NP12

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:35 pm

Aberdare mun CF44 :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Jez wrote:CF1
CF2
CF3
CF4
CF5
CF6
CF7
CF8
CF9
CF10

LOL NEED I GO ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just say im bord of being a postman now!

The right answer in there somewhere.

its Grangetown

C10 1 has 51% of housholds on CCFC database, so someone in half the houses in Grangetown has watched City. The NUMBER per house is only 1.1 though so not many 'families' go form there.

The rest of the top 5 was..

CF11-0
Cf24 something
CF31 which was he biggest shock, this is a Bridgend district, I don't know which sub-code as I only got to scribble a few down
CF5 1

substantial pockets of support in Narbeth area, and Carmarthen and support goes right up to Builth/Rhyader quite well 5-10% of households in many postcodes in these areas.

Cwm near Ebbw Vale did well, but Abertillery, Glyncorrwg, Pontypool and parts of Newport not so good (other parts of Newport were strong).

City now have a fantastic piece of software which when linked to the database can map all this out -the community group are going to use this to target schools in the area where our support could be better.

City's 'clean' database now has 156000 people on it. People who have bought tickets in the last 11 years. Sadly there will be people on there who have passed away, but even allowing for this it shows a massive catchment area and apetite for a SUCCESSFUL football club.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:40 pm

NEWPORT :D

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:44 pm

City now have a fantastic piece of software which when linked to the database can map all this out -the community group are going to use this to target schools in the area where our support could be better.

bartley bluebird and the city crew were in my daughters school today in taffs well :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:45 pm

in 2003 i think the database was around 80,000 if my mem serves me correctly . i remember cardiff central came out on top then with ely coming second . all that was in a programme around that time .

156,000 and growing :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:46 pm

maesteg bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:48 pm

Wot about cwmbran ?????

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:48 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:in 2003 i think the database was around 80,000 if my mem serves me correctly . i remember cardiff central came out on top then with ely coming second . all that was in a programme around that time .

156,000 and growing :ayatollah:

I remember that and being a saddo I'd be interested if you were to post the details up if you have a copy.

I've mentioned to the guy who does the program and web-site that it might be of interest to do a follow up article in the program in the future with the new figures, don't know if this will happen or not.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:49 pm

izzy68 wrote:Wot about cwmbran ?????

Sorry mate, I've posted about all I could remember.
I'm sure Cwmbran is a fiar stronghold for City though. How do you find it there ?

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Jez wrote:CF1
CF2
CF3
CF4
CF5
CF6
CF7
CF8
CF9
CF10

LOL NEED I GO ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just say im bord of being a postman now!

The right answer in there somewhere.

its Grangetown

C10 1 has 51% of housholds on CCFC database, so someone in half the houses in Grangetown has watched City. The NUMBER per house is only 1.1 though so not many 'families' go form there.

The rest of the top 5 was..

CF11-0
Cf24 something
CF31 which was he biggest shock, this is a Bridgend district, I don't know which sub-code as I only got to scribble a few down
CF5 1

substantial pockets of support in Narbeth area, and Carmarthen and support goes right up to Builth/Rhyader quite well 5-10% of households in many postcodes in these areas.

Cwm near Ebbw Vale did well, but Abertillery, Glyncorrwg, Pontypool and parts of Newport not so good (other parts of Newport were strong).

City's 'clean' database now has 156000 people on it. People who have bought tickets in the last 11 years. Sadly there will be people on there who have passed away, but even allowing for this it shows a massive catchment area and apetite for a SUCCESSFUL football club.

Very interesting. The Club should be looking at ways to develop relationships with all fans - clearly they number considerably more than those who attend games week in and week out. The good news is that this is what they now appear to be trying to do. A typical members-based club has a membership of c. 1.5X stadium capacity. I would say that we are under-sized in terms of stadium capacity if one assumes promotion at the end of the season and looks back at the best years in our history. Also, Cardiff has a substantial following of Welsh emigrants who would sign up for membership if a meaningful scheme was put in place, preferably building off CCST.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:00 pm

lawnmower it's probably somewhere in my attic . i have tryed to look for it in the past but no luck . the figures were represented in a pie graph format too .

actually CF3 part of cardiff came out worst back then !! think that's gone up a notch or 2 what with the bellers factor .

loads of young un's walking round this way with city tops on than ever before :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:10 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:

bartley bluebird and the city crew were in my daughters school today in taffs well :ayatollah:

Excellent.

City have 30+ employees in their Community Scheme and give out about 250 tickets each week to schools apparently.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:14 pm

CF11 - 0

whats that mean ??????????

Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:17 pm

Jez wrote:CF11 - 0

whats that mean ??????????

CF11 is the first bit of the postcode and (my eyesight might have let me down), the 0 is the first bit of the 2nd part of the postcode.

Cardiff Bay ?

http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/asda-filling-station-cardiff

Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:24 pm

CF3 parts of Cardiff were mostly lads. I think It's a bit of a travel to get to the ground from east Cardiff if you are having a drink, 2 buses in and out.