Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:07 pm
Starvinmarvin wrote:Bluebird For Life wrote:I wonder if he has a grudge against us regarding the bullying controversy. He's seen to pick players for the squad but other than Lawlor nobody seems to get a look in with Ashford & Joel not even on the bench... I think it probably is time for him to go as he is too stubborn to play what are obviously better players than his favourites and we are sliding down the rankings alarmingly.
Who should he be picking from our squad apart from Lawlor. If Rubin was fit there's a good argument for him to play but under normal circumstances if Wilson is available you pick Wilson every time
Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:27 pm
montyblue wrote:Starvinmarvin wrote:Bluebird For Life wrote:I wonder if he has a grudge against us regarding the bullying controversy. He's seen to pick players for the squad but other than Lawlor nobody seems to get a look in with Ashford & Joel not even on the bench... I think it probably is time for him to go as he is too stubborn to play what are obviously better players than his favourites and we are sliding down the rankings alarmingly.
Who should he be picking from our squad apart from Lawlor. If Rubin was fit there's a good argument for him to play but under normal circumstances if Wilson is available you pick Wilson every time
My mum at 93 would have put more effort in than Johnson he stays on the pitch for nearly the entire game avoiding the ball
Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:44 pm
Starvinmarvin wrote:Bluebird For Life wrote:Starvinmarvin wrote:Bluebird For Life wrote:I wonder if he has a grudge against us regarding the bullying controversy. He's seen to pick players for the squad but other than Lawlor nobody seems to get a look in with Ashford & Joel not even on the bench... I think it probably is time for him to go as he is too stubborn to play what are obviously better players than his favourites and we are sliding down the rankings alarmingly.
Who should he be picking from our squad apart from Lawlor. If Rubin was fit there's a good argument for him to play but under normal circumstances if Wilson is available you pick Wilson every time
But Wilson isn’t available… Can’t see the point of calling up Ashford and Joel and then they don’t get any minutes.
Rubin isn't either my point was of the players we have who should realistically be getting game time for Wales? There are two games left but regardless do you really think everyone in the squad should play it's international football not under 9's I'd imagine Joel and Ashford are chuffed to be in the squad
Mon Sep 28, 2026 4:42 pm
Bluebird For Life wrote:Starvinmarvin wrote:Bluebird For Life wrote:Starvinmarvin wrote:Bluebird For Life wrote:I wonder if he has a grudge against us regarding the bullying controversy. He's seen to pick players for the squad but other than Lawlor nobody seems to get a look in with Ashford & Joel not even on the bench... I think it probably is time for him to go as he is too stubborn to play what are obviously better players than his favourites and we are sliding down the rankings alarmingly.
Who should he be picking from our squad apart from Lawlor. If Rubin was fit there's a good argument for him to play but under normal circumstances if Wilson is available you pick Wilson every time
But Wilson isn’t available… Can’t see the point of calling up Ashford and Joel and then they don’t get any minutes.
Rubin isn't either my point was of the players we have who should realistically be getting game time for Wales? There are two games left but regardless do you really think everyone in the squad should play it's international football not under 9's I'd imagine Joel and Ashford are chuffed to be in the squad
So you think Sheehan and Cullen are better options than our players presumably. Very condescending to suggest they should be happy to just be in the squad. They’ve earned their places by giving consistently decent performances.
Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:13 pm
davids wrote:Jonesy-valleyboy27 wrote:I can’t think why he’s not picking players who won one game all season, against a top tier team away. Mind boggles. How did he even get wales playing in the top tie being such a bad manager.
I know.
It makes much more sense to pick a player who plays for a team that's won a whole three games in a division lower than we're in who's never played above League 1 level.
That'll work.
Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:06 pm
Starvinmarvin wrote:Bluebird For Life wrote:Starvinmarvin wrote:Bluebird For Life wrote:Starvinmarvin wrote:Bluebird For Life wrote:I wonder if he has a grudge against us regarding the bullying controversy. He's seen to pick players for the squad but other than Lawlor nobody seems to get a look in with Ashford & Joel not even on the bench... I think it probably is time for him to go as he is too stubborn to play what are obviously better players than his favourites and we are sliding down the rankings alarmingly.
Who should he be picking from our squad apart from Lawlor. If Rubin was fit there's a good argument for him to play but under normal circumstances if Wilson is available you pick Wilson every time
But Wilson isn’t available… Can’t see the point of calling up Ashford and Joel and then they don’t get any minutes.
Rubin isn't either my point was of the players we have who should realistically be getting game time for Wales? There are two games left but regardless do you really think everyone in the squad should play it's international football not under 9's I'd imagine Joel and Ashford are chuffed to be in the squad
So you think Sheehan and Cullen are better options than our players presumably. Very condescending to suggest they should be happy to just be in the squad. They’ve earned their places by giving consistently decent performances.
They are kids it's Ashford first call up I bet he's chuffed. Joel has 2 caps and has one season of league one football under his belt. Take your rose colour glasses off. They've earned calls ups not starts and your talking about 2 players that aren't nailed on starters for us yet.
Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:52 pm
Jonesy-valleyboy27 wrote:davids wrote:Jonesy-valleyboy27 wrote:I can’t think why he’s not picking players who won one game all season, against a top tier team away. Mind boggles. How did he even get wales playing in the top tie being such a bad manager.
I know.
It makes much more sense to pick a player who plays for a team that's won a whole three games in a division lower than we're in who's never played above League 1 level.
That'll work.
Exactly look at what he has at his disposal. We should not be where we are on paper. It’s not like he has the luxury of England managers then the reaction of some I understand.
So David’s. Tell me who replaces him and what do you expect them to achieve, European or World Cup in 6 years. Because that’s all there is to win.
Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:30 pm
davids wrote:Jonesy-valleyboy27 wrote:davids wrote:Jonesy-valleyboy27 wrote:I can’t think why he’s not picking players who won one game all season, against a top tier team away. Mind boggles. How did he even get wales playing in the top tie being such a bad manager.
I know.
It makes much more sense to pick a player who plays for a team that's won a whole three games in a division lower than we're in who's never played above League 1 level.
That'll work.
Exactly look at what he has at his disposal. We should not be where we are on paper. It’s not like he has the luxury of England managers then the reaction of some I understand.
So David’s. Tell me who replaces him and what do you expect them to achieve, European or World Cup in 6 years. Because that’s all there is to win.
I'm not saying to replace him because he's probably the best of a seriously poor bunch.
I just think he doesn't help things with his strange selections and substitutions.
You asked why he would pick players who'd won one game all season and my point was that he was happy to start an away game against a top tier team with a guy in a critical position who has never played above League 1 level.
For me, success for any Wales manager is to qualify for a major tournament. That's the most any Welsh fan can realistically expect. Anything else is a bonus. The idea that Wales could "win" anything is as ridiculous as saying Cardiff City can win the Champions League.
That's what I'd expect a manager to acheive, especially with the major tournaments being increased in size - a feat which proved beyond Bellamy in the World Cup.
Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:57 am