Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Announcement Shortly From The Club?

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:42 pm

Joe Lovejoy.....the days of waiting in the newsagent for the pink football echo to turn up :old:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:45 pm

Valley Lad wrote:Joe Lovejoy.....the days of waiting in the newsagent for the pink football echo to turn up :old:

I remember that one, and then down the pub to read it, great times. :old: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:51 pm

nobber wrote:
Valley Lad wrote:Joe Lovejoy.....the days of waiting in the newsagent for the pink football echo to turn up :old:

I remember that one, and then down the pub to read it, great times. :old: :ayatollah:

Always amazed me how they got all the scores in, printed and distributed minutes after the final whistle! :shock:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:53 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:
ashleyCCFC wrote:any news? :ayatollah:

Does it look like there is?

Hello, it's the bit that says "No announcement this week" that suggests there just might not be any announcement THIS week :laughing6: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:54 pm

SBF1 wrote:
nobber wrote:

Always amazed me how they got all the scores in, printed and distributed minutes after the final whistle! :shock:

That's why it was always printed on 'pink' paper ;) ;)

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:17 pm

SBF1 wrote:
nobber wrote:

I used to love the football echo, me and my father staying out a little longer on Saturday after the game on the premise of waiting for the pink'un. Used to lie on the living room floor and digest it front to back.

It was the product of an era though, we didn't have iPads and the net then. Odd to think you can walk out of a ground today with a phone full of the football news immediately at your fingertips.

Some things never change though, I now go home and lie on the living room floor digesting everything on an iPad, much to the disdain of my wife as she steps over me.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:21 pm

Used to sell the footy Echo at Caerphilly Station when i was a kid on Saturday Evening. :ayatollah:

Couldn't wait to be old enough to be one of the lads coming off the train rather than the soaking wet kid selling the papers for a couple of pence commission each one.

Kept a load of old ones form the late 80's, still have them somewhere now, from big City matches and reports on parks games where I'd scored goals. :ayatollah:

After that my parents used to mail them to me when I was away at Uni.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:23 pm

Wayne S wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
nobber wrote:

I used to love the football echo, me and my father staying out a little longer on Saturday after the game on the premise of waiting for the pink'un. Used to lie on the living room floor and digest it front to back.

It was the product of an era though, we didn't have iPads and the net then. Odd to think you can walk out of a ground today with a phone full of the football news immediately at your fingertips.

Some things never change though, I now go home and lie on the living room floor digesting everything on an iPad, much to the disdain of my wife as she steps over me.

I now go home and lie on the living room floor digesting everything in Strongbow bottles, much to the disdain of my wife as she steps over me. :D :thumbup:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:46 pm

Surely Carl or Annis can enlighten us?