Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Notts Forest Arabs V Cardiff City Malaysians...

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:27 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Not at all. I'm just pointing out thoughts on what he's done so far and my thoughts on your opinion that "we don't know we're born".

All I said, is that I'd reserve judgement on tht statement for the time being. :)

Do you think Cardiff City are better off or worse off since Tan came in and paid the tax bill
and got the HMRC off our backs?

At the moment, yes. However, in the long term I'd reserve judgement.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:32 pm

The reason I'd reserve judgement is because of this massive debt that is building up. Should he clear it all and leave the club running SUSTAINABLY then I'd say he would be a saviour.

The change of shirt will always tarnish his reputation for some fans though, I'd include myself in that.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:42 pm

taffyapple wrote:The Arabs by all accounts are even richer than Tan. We all have our gripe
with Tan, mainly over the rebrand, though some obviously have more
sinister reasons for HATING the feller :lol:

But these Arabs sacked O'Driscoll, who was doing pretty well. Then brought
in McLeish... who walked after 5 weeks.

His reason was that they were sticking their oars into all things football.

Apart from the red shirt, we dont know we're born with Vincent Tan. All he
is interested in is raising the profile of Cardiff City and reshaping the business
model in preparation for Premiership Football. He leaves the football people
to deal with the football side of things.

Time for the bitterness to stop?

Some excellent points there Taffy.They'll be lost on our luddites though.The old saying "if you keep a dog why bark yourself" comes to mind and I'm glad to see that Tan may share this belief too.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:37 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Not at all. I'm just pointing out thoughts on what he's done so far and my thoughts on your opinion that "we don't know we're born".

All I said, is that I'd reserve judgement on tht statement for the time being. :)

Do you think Cardiff City are better off or worse off since Tan came in and paid the tax bill
and got the HMRC off our backs?

At the moment, yes. However, in the long term I'd reserve judgement.

You just passed judgement. You said THE CLUB ARE BETTER OFF UNDER TAN.

Long term? Well you can throw that one up forever and a day feller. Same as
Chelsea fans can. Same as Man City fans can. We (like them) are at the mercy
of the person investing loads of money. Unlike them, Vincent Tan is the victim
of a malicious, concerted campaign to undermine him, and has been since long
before the rebrand. Like you, i agree, the rebrand will always tarnish his name
a bit.

But I give you credit for conceding that Cardiff City are better off with him than
we would have been without him. Many on here wont even admit that even though
its blatantly obvious

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:08 pm

Conceding? You fighting a battle that isn't even there
To be fought.

Tan has done a lot for this club , but for some, his tenure will
Always been tainted for his rebranding.

Regarding the fans who were against him before rebrand, I can't fathom why. Without him, we would have been in the shit.

I won't ever forgive his rebranding, however. I still have long term concerns, hopefully I'm proven wrong.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:21 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Conceding? You fighting a battle that isn't even there
To be fought.

Tan has done a lot for this club , but for some, his tenure will
Always been tainted for his rebranding.

Regarding the fans who were against him before rebrand, I can't fathom why. Without him, we would have been in the shit.

I won't ever forgive his rebranding, however. I still have long term concerns, hopefully I'm proven wrong.

I have no real argument with you then. I will never forgive the rebrand, i accept it under duress.
I also have long term concerns, of course I do, I'm a Cardiff City fan and we've been lied to before.
But my head tells me that financially, Tan has always acted above board and I have faith in his
plans for the Club. Not because i've been 'fooled' by him. But common sense tells me he has pumped
close to £100m into this Club, and given his incredibly successful history as a businessman and as
a philanthropist..... I can see no reason why he'd spunk so much money without having a long term
winning plan!!!... Believing he will make us a successful Premiership Club is not the same as trusting
him.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:06 pm

So because you THINK tan does not say anything on the football side at the club so its all down to MM to sort everythings rosey at the club unlike the arabs at nottingham forest who are much richer than tan so hay-ho lets not be bitter do whatever suits please mr tan as your only trying to make money, do you realise what you sound like dave one minute your on about more rebrand threads crap and now you start this thread with your tounge firmly up mr rebrand 2012 arse :lol:
:malky:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:23 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:So because you THINK tan does not say anything on the football side at the club so its all down to MM to sort everythings rosey at the club unlike the arabs at nottingham forest who are much richer than tan so hay-ho lets not be bitter do whatever suits please mr tan as your only trying to make money, do you realise what you sound like dave one minute your on about more rebrand threads crap and now you start this thread with your tounge firmly up mr rebrand 2012 arse :lol:

Nope. I dont think its all Malky, but I BELIEVE he is given a lot of autonomy as far as the
Football is concerned.

Feller ive been 100% against the rebrand, still am. i hate it. But I also hate hypocrisy...

Mr Rebrand has been a complete tw*t over this colour change, find ONE post where I
say its a good thing and I'll buy your beer for a month.

Difference between you and me is im not afraid to speak my mind about the GOOD stuff he
has done.

Name me ONE person more instrumental in getting us to ten points clear in this division than
Vincent Tan...Go on... spit it out.... So unless you think top of the league and a shoe in for
the Premiership is a BAD thing... then Tan has done some good hasnt he?? Go on, admit it..
nobody will shout at ya ;)

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:01 pm

Feck me Taffy thats a balanced view!I swear that if CCFC ever went down the pan some people on here would actually secretly gloat.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:01 pm

taffyapple wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:So because you THINK tan does not say anything on the football side at the club so its all down to MM to sort everythings rosey at the club unlike the arabs at nottingham forest who are much richer than tan so hay-ho lets not be bitter do whatever suits please mr tan as your only trying to make money, do you realise what you sound like dave one minute your on about more rebrand threads crap and now you start this thread with your tounge firmly up mr rebrand 2012 arse :lol:

Nope. I dont think its all Malky, but I BELIEVE he is given a lot of autonomy as far as the
Football is concerned.

Feller ive been 100% against the rebrand, still am. i hate it. But I also hate hypocrisy...

Mr Rebrand has been a complete tw*t over this colour change, find ONE post where I

Difference between you and me is im not afraid to speak my mind about the GOOD stuff he
has done.

Name me ONE person more instrumental in getting us to ten points clear in this division than
Vincent Tan...Go on... spit it out.... So unless you think top of the league and a shoe in for
the Premiership is a BAD thing... then Tan has done some good hasnt he?? Go on, admit it..

To your first point you said in the OP the arabs had a say in team affairs hence why O'driscoll left forest comparing them to mr tan but im sure tan has a say in things also anyone who puts money of something in life has a say or whats the point in putting your money in.

I agree on your second part over the change but its only been on a whim of one man nobody else we have to suck it up, this does not mean i have to blow his cock the same way you do over something hes only doing what past owners have done (loans) who you slag off and you will do the same to tan once hes bailed out and moved on.

There is no diffrence between me and you, why do you claim that? i speak my mind about everything on here, yes im thankfull of the investment as who knows where we will be but it does not over-ride whats gone on in my heart and many other fans weather it was 10pence or 10billion in the price.

MM has got us 10 points clear at the top with the help of tans loans we all know that we have a shoe in the prem league but i never said thats a bad thing either thats what money brings if your lucky but it also fails in other cases of teams doing the same.
:ayatollah:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:17 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

Football is concerned.

has done.

To your first point you said in the OP the arabs had a say in team affairs hence why O'driscoll left forest comparing them to mr tan but im sure tan has a say in things also anyone who puts money of something in life has a say or whats the point in putting your money in.

I agree on your second part over the change but its only been on a whim of one man nobody else we have to suck it up, this does not mean i have to blow his cock the same way you do over something hes only doing what past owners have done (loans) who you slag off and you will do the same to tan once hes bailed out and moved on.

There is no diffrence between me and you, why do you claim that? i speak my mind about everything on here, yes im thankfull of the investment as who knows where we will be but it does not over-ride whats gone on in my heart and many other fans weather it was 10pence or 10billion in the price.

MM has got us 10 points clear at the top with the help of tans loans we all know that we have a shoe in the prem league but i never said thats a bad thing either thats what money brings if your lucky but it also fails in other cases of teams doing the same.

Blow his cock?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I reckon you'd believe Sam if he promised not to cum in yer mouth :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:19 pm

taffyapple wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

Football is concerned.

has done.

I reckon you'd believe Sam if he promised not to cum in yer mouth :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whats sam got to do with it now :lol: if thats the best reply you can come up with to my reply to you then i'll leave it there. :malky:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:27 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

Football is concerned.

has done.

Whats sam got to do with it now :lol: if thats the best reply you can come up with to my reply to you then i'll leave it there. :malky:

Erm yeh, righto. :?

Whats Sam got to do with it? You brought him up not me. Please see above highlighted bit :roll:

I'll leave it there.

I'll go along with my business sense telling me Tan is in no position to rip the Club off. I cant be
arsed explaining why

You crack on supporting someone we KNOW told multi-million pound lies to us, then tried to
get the Club wound up.

"I know i made mistakes :? , I'm sorry to my Cardiff City family...now give me my f*cking money
that you didnt know you owed me" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:41 pm

Who said hes is going to rip us off? all im saying is tans no diffrent to past owners as in loans is this not a fact or is this something i've just made up, so whos the heroe and whos villain then like ive told you before taff the hero becomes the villain once hes moved to one side for another hero and your optinion of tan will become the same over time thats for sure but rite now it is what it is because its all rosey up the garden path because the table does not lie. :malky:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:45 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Who said hes is going to rip us off? all im saying is tans no diffrent to past owners as in loans is this not a fact or is this something i've just made up, so whos the heroe and whos villain then like ive told you before taff the hero becomes the villain once hes moved to one side for another hero and your optinion of tan will become the same over time thats for sure but rite now it is what it is because its all rosey up the garden path. :malky:

Nope. He's not my hero. The rebrand wiped my arse on that.

But I'll take everything we ARE getting, digest it logically, and analyse it.

If one person can come up with a viable scenario where Tan can rip this Club
off then i'm all ears. f**k knows what his long term plans are but they do not
include shitting on us. Because he'd be shitting on himself.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:11 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Feck me Taffy thats a balanced view!I swear that if CCFC ever went down the pan some people on here would actually secretly gloat.

I try to have a balanced view on everything

I will say this. The same people who were slagging Tan off last year with no
legitimate reason have NEVER come up with one either, and if the silly tw*t
hadnt decided on a change of colour (which NOBODY knew about) there would
have been a lot on this board eating humble pie right now

Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:18 am

taffyapple wrote:The Arabs by all accounts are even richer than Tan. We all have our gripe

is interested in is raising the profile of Cardiff City and reshaping the business
model in preparation for Premiership Football.
He leaves the football people

Christmas day was mean't to be a celebration of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I wonder if anyone on here knows that?

Cardiff City football club represents the people of the Cardiff and the surrounding area with its historical blue top and adopted bluebird symbol to the tune of pick and shoval and its anthem Men of Harlech. It begs the question if Cardiff City will be remembered for this when in 5 years time the capital city of Wales is challenging for a Champions league place playing in a mystic red strip with a bowl and rice as a badge that is a representation for the hard working peasants of Malaysia and China to the tune of 9 million bicylces in Bejing. If the present is to go by then the answer will be no because the club is doing well. I mean whats Rhondda coal got to do with it all.

Ah well if you cant beat them then join in. Anyone wanting a timeshare in my seats drop me a pm, best rates going.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:27 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

model in preparation for Premiership Football.
He leaves the football people

Christmas day was mean't to be a celebration of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I wonder if anyone on here knows that?

Cardiff City football club represents the people of the Cardiff and the surrounding area with its historical blue top and adopted bluebird symbol to the tune of pick and shoval and its anthem Men of Harlech. It begs the question if Cardiff City will be remembered for this when in 5 years time the capital city of Wales is challenging for a Champions league place playing in a mystic red strip with a bowl and rice as a badge that is a representation for the hard working peasants of Malaysia and China to the tune of 9 million bicylces in Bejing. If the present is to go by then the answer will be no because the club is doing well. I mean whats Rhondda coal got to do with it all.

Ah well if you cant beat them then join in. Anyone wanting a timeshare in my seats drop me a pm, best rates going.

You HAVE joined them, to the tune of TWO season tickets. You cant walk into a boozer and
say "I Hate what you've done to the Guinness - can I have two pints!" Well, you can, but the
landlord is going to thank you for your money and think "well he cant hate the Guinness THAT
much"

You appear to suggest I'm a sell-out. Well, like you, i've put up with the red shirt, i must have
because I still go to matches home and away.

But I have a cut-off. If the Bluebird goes, then so do I. I wont watch City no more while Tan is
at the Club. Its an unnecessary step too far. That will be MY protest.

Yours appears to be selling tickets at vastly over the going rate to fans of other Clubs. But still
going to Home and Away games of your choice.

Cosmic :?

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:45 am

I have not sold anything yet, temptation is not the sin.

If I hated the football I simply would not go. Where have I said I hated the football?

Where do I suggest you are a sell out?

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:08 pm

We want Vincent Tan being driven around the pitch
We want Grampy, driving him around the pitch

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:20 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:We want Vincent Tan being driven around the pitch
We want Grampy, driving him around the pitch

:D

Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:26 pm

Dave its time to just give up now the haters who are left you will NEVER convert.

Dont get me wrong, ive spouted some anti-malaysian bollocks myself, more than most when the rebrand broke, but when I sat down and thought about it, and ALL what they have done, then they have been brilliant for Cardiff City.

They havent interfered in the dressing room, gave DJ a fair crack, decided at the right time it was time for change, brought stability to the club on and off the field, given Malky the tools to do his job, and kept the tax man and other creditors at bay. As are as foreign ownership goes it could been so much worse, as your example at Forest proves, and the Malaysians seem to be the real deal.

Ive actually started posting less on here because I am fed up of the doom and gloom. Top of the league and people seem determined to undermime it with the debt, rebrand, anti-malaysian, pro sam hammam.etc bollocks. :sleepy2:

Off this board, and amongst likeminded friends on twitter the buzz is far more positive with everyone buzzing at the thought of promotion, the premiership next season, the race for season tickets.etc.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:52 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Dave its time to just give up now the haters who are left you will NEVER convert.

Dont get me wrong, ive spouted some anti-malaysian bollocks myself, more than most when the rebrand broke, but when I sat down and thought about it, and ALL what they have done, then they have been brilliant for Cardiff City.

They havent interfered in the dressing room, gave DJ a fair crack, decided at the right time it was time for change, brought stability to the club on and off the field, given Malky the tools to do his job, and kept the tax man and other creditors at bay. As are as foreign ownership goes it could been so much worse, as your example at Forest proves, and the Malaysians seem to be the real deal.

Ive actually started posting less on here because I am fed up of the doom and gloom. Top of the league and people seem determined to undermime it with the debt, rebrand, anti-malaysian, pro sam hammam.etc bollocks. :sleepy2:

Off this board, and amongst likeminded friends on twitter the buzz is far more positive with everyone buzzing at the thought of promotion, the premiership next season, the race for season tickets.etc.

Are you vincent in disguise :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:59 pm

I'd take the Arabs over the Malaysians any day.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:06 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Dave its time to just give up now the haters who are left you will NEVER convert.

Its all ok. Tan will be forgiven in a year or so. All he's done is f**k us all off over the
kit. We got an ex Chairman who dragged Cardiff City to the High Court and would
have seen the City wound up over a debt we didnt even know he had been running up....

And he's been forgiven (cos we all make mistakes :lol: :lol: )