Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Do we really hate each other

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:39 pm

Do we really hate each other- No, i dont see why we would besides we will get revenge this time after the shockign showing on the pitch at yours :lol:

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:41 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:
wurzel red wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:
wurzel red wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:Bristol City/Rovers or whatever you are called ……now a footballing irrelevance. Knock the lights off on your way out, we're just not interested in small fry like you anymore.

Hwyl fawr saesneg mochyn.

Be very careful werent portsmouth saying the same thing to southampton a few years back , just a thought fella

Portsmouth can't speak Welsh.

ie ond fi gall fella

Good effort.

:notworthy: thanks thought you would like it

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:41 pm

Even outside if football there is a dislike. is it the waverly ? The boat that goes around bristol etc.. there has been murder bewteen people from bristol and Cardiff in years gone by, non football related and football related. Cardiff Bristol never have or will get on

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:43 pm

wurzel red wrote:
buckleys brewery wrote:
wurzel red wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:
wurzel red wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:Bristol City/Rovers or whatever you are called ……now a footballing irrelevance. Knock the lights off on your way out, we're just not interested in small fry like you anymore.

Hwyl fawr saesneg mochyn.

Be very careful werent portsmouth saying the same thing to southampton a few years back , just a thought fella

Portsmouth can't speak Welsh.

ie ond fi gall fella

Good effort.

:notworthy: thanks thought you would like it

My mothers name before marriage was lewis ,need i say more , dont tell the bristol lads :lol:

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:44 pm

I have mates who are shitheads and i must admit the banter at work (i work in Bristol) is top drawer. Most Probably be meeting a few for some sherbets on the Day as they all they want is to have a few, have a laugh and be safe. An introduction to Bomber and Mikey C is a must then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:45 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Do we really hate each other- No, i dont see why we would besides we will get revenge this time after the shockign showing on the pitch at yours :lol:

i agree , you were shocking lol

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:46 pm

I don't "hate" any fans.

Love the rivalry and vicious banter though.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I have mates who are shitheads and i must admit the banter at work (i work in Bristol) is top drawer. Most Probably be meeting a few for some sherbets on the Day as they all they want is to have a few, have a laugh and be safe. An introduction to Bomber and Mikey C is a must then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you cant call us shitheads , the other lot do that

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:48 pm

wurzel red wrote:With our little derby on the horizon and a few remarks flying about ,do cardiff / bristol really hate each other or is it just a match day tribal thing , there are lots of welsh boys working our side of the bridge ,most places east of newport are pretty much full of ex bristolians , many of you come shopping in bristol with your other halves as i do likewise in cardiff etc , i also worked in the polo grounds pontypool for many years and had great banter , was then a lorry driver visiting many places in south wales again great banter and now in our depot in bristol we have many welsh lads who deliver to us and again great banter , is it just about the day of the game , oh another thing everytime im at bristol airport its full of you lot jetting off somewhere ,

No, just another game these days.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:51 pm

wurzel red wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:I have mates who are shitheads and i must admit the banter at work (i work in Bristol) is top drawer. Most Probably be meeting a few for some sherbets on the Day as they all they want is to have a few, have a laugh and be safe. An introduction to Bomber and Mikey C is a must then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your a small club now…..Torquay and Exeter are bigger than you (still not sure if you're Rovers/City or Athletic tho)

Nos da Twypsin Mawr.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:52 pm

wurzel red wrote:With our little derby on the horizon and a few remarks flying about ,do cardiff / bristol really hate each other or is it just a match day tribal thing , there are lots of welsh boys working our side of the bridge ,most places east of newport are pretty much full of ex bristolians , many of you come shopping in bristol with your other halves as i do likewise in cardiff etc , i also worked in the polo grounds pontypool for many years and had great banter , was then a lorry driver visiting many places in south wales again great banter and now in our depot in bristol we have many welsh lads who deliver to us and again great banter , is it just about the day of the game , oh another thing everytime im at bristol airport its full of you lot jetting off somewhere ,

No its just banter on match days, i actually played for your youth team when i was 16, up front with Howard Prtchard, he made it, i ended up back with my beloved Llanrumney, however I ended up working in Victoria street, Bristol for 10 years and have lots of bristol mates, I trend to agree with what you have said. See you in a couple of weeks, we owe you a beating for that earlier game this season. :malky: :malky:

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:56 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:
wurzel red wrote:

Your a small club now…..Torquay and Exeter are bigger than you (still not sure if you're Rovers/City or Athletic tho)

Nos da Twypsin Mawr.

Grow up mate , talk sense like everyone else or get on the teenyboppers keyboard warriors site

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:58 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:
wurzel red wrote:

Nos da Twypsin Mawr.

Wurzel red as you can see Blazing is a special needs case. He used to be on the other CCFC Forum and they miss there Idiot :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:04 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:Even outside if football there is a dislike. is it the waverly ? The boat that goes around bristol etc.. there has been murder bewteen people from bristol and Cardiff in years gone by, non football related and football related. Cardiff Bristol never have or will get on

The beerkeller was another one

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:13 pm

No mate, I worked in Bristol in recent years and made a lot of good Bristolian friends there, which includes a couple of wurzel fans, had some good banter but no bad blood.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:14 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:Even outside if football there is a dislike. is it the waverly ? The boat that goes around bristol etc.. there has been murder bewteen people from bristol and Cardiff in years gone by, non football related and football related. Cardiff Bristol never have or will get on

The beerkeller was another one

Chuck a bunch of wurzels and Cardiff together and it often gets happy hour. Blackpool as well, with the family same hotel as a bunch of carrot crunchers and they had a go with the sheep shagger shit. no respect

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:14 pm

JonCCFC wrote:For me it's only on matchday where I can feel the tension, but other than that I don't really care about Bristol.

Same here.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:48 pm

wurzel red wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Hate is a strong word, just football rivalry and banter.

My opinions towards BCFC have mellowed since I worked there, I slowly grew to like Bristol as a city and therefore the same happened with the club. However since our current positions differed immensely I have found the friendly banter has turned bitter. I continued what I thought was banter but I think they now hate the success we have.

I find myself chatting more to Rovers fans now.

Firstly im amazed you can find a rovers fan and secondly one that can string 2 words together , ( just banter )

The Gas had over 8k in League 2 on Friday night, and brought 1400 over here in 2009 in the Carling Cup. So credit where its due ;) As for the rivalry, for those of us of a certain generation, Bristol City will always be our main rivals. Despite the result, there was a great atmosphere at Ashton Gate back at the start of the season.

But to answer your original question, no, I certainly don't hate either of the Bristol clubs. Bristol is a big, confident city, that does not have a massive chip on its shoulder. Even our two airports are competing against each other!

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:06 am

wurzel red wrote:
mr'mogreenz wrote:

Just been reading yor messageboard, looks like you lot are bang up for it, and are close to selling yor allocation
http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/ ... iff/page-1
Great stuff, should make for a Good atmosphere. I for one will miss our derbies next season if we go up or you get relegated

Yep think from what i gather this is a lads day out most people are resigned to us going down so as we havnt travelled over to cardiff ( not in any numbers anyway ) due to the shitty bubble ,so its gonna be a good day out , until the game starts thats when our day will end for 90 mins lol , should be a cracking atmosphere , do most sides take 2,000 to yourselves

Nobody have brought 2000 to Cardiff this season. Just looking at the programme for the last home game against Ipswich (which seems a very long time ago!). Most was Leeds with 1,777; Wolves 1,479; Palace 1,190; Wednesday 1,006. All the rest below a thousand. And don't forget what I said about the 1400 GasHeads!

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:20 am

1400 gasheads were not bubbled. It was there 1st trip to you for a while. We are not bubbled for 1st time in 10 years and are selling out.

Blazing saddles is their forum tool, and cantonjack is just a pup. Doesn't understand hatred. Its a very strong word. To hate someone you have to like them first..

Welcome back nukes. Always good to see another wurzel on here

wurzel red. Nuclearblue was born in brizzle and is technically english, he is also a top blokke on here as are most others. You seem a genuine old school bloke. Where you sit at AG back in the day.? I was always open end til early 90's then dolman B block .

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:38 am

Personally, the Swansea rivalry is more for banter purposes. It's tough to constantly hate fans of a club when you are standing side by side with them on an international day. However, there is no such affiliation with Bristol and Bristol City fans.

I just see Swansea as the irritating younger brother who is slightly retarded and that we laugh at even when he's performing temporarily better than us. The one thing that I can't stand about Bristol is the fact they the Bristol Channel is called the Bristol Channel and not the Welsh Channel. Silly reason I know but that's why I dislike Bristol City more than Swansea.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:09 pm

Dont like you but nowhere near as much as swansea town

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Not selling your soul to the carrot crunchers aswell? :oops: :oops: :laughing6:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:15 pm

whenthemoonshines wrote:1400 gasheads were not bubbled. It was there 1st trip to you for a while. We are not bubbled for 1st time in 10 years and are selling out.

Blazing saddles is their forum tool, and cantonjack is just a pup. Doesn't understand hatred. Its a very strong word. To hate someone you have to like them first..

wurzel red. Nuclearblue was born in brizzle and is technically english, he is also a top blokke on here as are most others. You seem a genuine old school bloke. Where you sit at AG back in the day.? I was always open end til early 90's then dolman B block .

Are you my stalker or something Chief ? You seem to know a lot about me !! Is there more that you would like to add ?
Hey up Jinks i know Swansea, Millwall, Bristol Rovers, Birmingham, Not some shitheads. :malky: :malky:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:38 pm

The derby with Cardiff vs Swansea is basically the bragging rights of Wales

However, the severnside derby is Wales vs England and it means a lot more to some people than the South Wales Derby. I am not one of those people as I find the Jacks to be the most insufferable bastards to walk the earth and how they once bragged that 'Swansea is everyone's second team', that's the stupidest thing I have ever besides David Beckham's voice, so for me the South Wales Derby is bigger than the Severnside derby

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:49 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
whenthemoonshines wrote:1400 gasheads were not bubbled. It was there 1st trip to you for a while. We are not bubbled for 1st time in 10 years and are selling out.

Are you my stalker or something Chief ? You seem to know a lot about me !! Is there more that you would like to add ?
Hey up Jinks i know Swansea, Millwall, Bristol Rovers, Birmingham, Not some shitheads. Not forgetting Sheff Wed as well :lol: :lol: :lol: :malky: :malky:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:01 pm

No mate i am not. You told me as.much in a thread back in the summer before we cocked you 4-2 :) .check your posts fella ...

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:09 pm

whenthemoonshines wrote:No mate i am not. You told me as.much in a thread back in the summer before we cocked you 4-2 :) .check your posts fella ...

4-2 if you change that to 2-4 that has been your average League psition this season :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Fair enough can't argue with that i have a very sad 17000 posts i aint gonna remember all of them :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: