Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " WALES FOOTBALL SQUAD TODAY NAMED/DECENT SQUAD? "

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:24 am

ashleyCCFC wrote:I couldn't care if he was a jack or english, he's the best centre half we got, and he chose Wales over England it must mean something :ayatollah:

You make out he could have played for England. There was no choice apart from play international football or not

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:49 am

Spanish, French I would stll boycott if the captain was another nationality.

We can have a English born captain yet the Welsh FA insist on a Welsh manager.

Will they realise it ent taking us anywhere?

I don't give a toss if Giggs never played as much that was his choice and he played for his country of birth.

I would support the parent rule but nothing else.

People bang on about the we wouldn't have enough players but there are players who are Welsh but are not as good but I'd prefer them to play and give 110%.

I don't care if Williams likes it or any other player.

These players put on the shirt of a country they weren't born in.

I am full of respect for Ben Turner and Shawcross.. Turner is not my cup of tea in performances for us but he still gets my support and respect for his decision of rejecting.

Even if he never gets a chance its better to stick to your loyaltys and accepting a less better team because your too rubbish to play for your original birthplace.

I love Wales and was happy when we beat Scotland after pulling out buying tickets due to the change of captain.

It has nothing to do with him being a Jack but it goes for anyone.

I can't believe people are name calling because of a decision I made which is something I feel strongly about.

I was happy in previous thread where people saw my point of view and could respect it.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:14 pm

Dando you say that the rule should go to parents only. I agree with this fully.

However, you then ridicule Williams for being born in England and talk about 'pkaying for your country of birth'. What about a Welshman born elsewhere? Are you implying that it is impossible to be born somewhere that isn't your nationality?

Your argument is rarely consistent.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:57 pm

just trivia really, possibly of interest - but SIX of the Welsh rugby team that started the match against Ireland were not born in Wales.

I am not sure how the Tongan qualifies to play, but the rest are Welsh through and through and some are even Welsh speakers.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:01 pm

Seeing as people are discussing the eligibility of the Wales captain I thought I'd post the countries of birth of this team...

Lewis PRICE - Crystal Palace. ENGLAND
Boaz MYHILL - West Bromwich Albion. USA
Owain Fon WILLIAMS - Tranmere Rovers. WALES
Ashley WILLIAMS - Swansea City. ENGLAND
Ashley RICHARDS - Swansea City. WALES
Sam RICKETTS - Bolton Wanderers. ENGLAND
Chris GUNTER - Reading. WALES
Adam MATTHEWS - Celtic. WALES
Jack COLLISON - West Ham United. ENGLAND
Andy KING - Leicester City. ENGLAND
Ben DAVIES - Swansea City. WALES
Joe ALLEN - Liverpool. WALES
Aaron RAMSEY - Arsenal. WALES
David VAUGHAN - Sunderland. WALES
Joe LEDLEY - Celtic. WALES
Gareth BALE - Tottenham Hotspur. WALES
Hal ROBSON-KANU - Reading. ENGLAND
Sam VOKES - Burnley. ENGLAND
Simon CHURCH - Reading. ENGLAND
Craig BELLAMY - Cardiff City. WALES
Joel LYNCH - Huddersfield Town. ENGLAND
Craig DAVIES - Bolton Wanderers. ENGLAND

10 out of the 23 man squad were born in England which is quite astonishing. Personally I don't think you can play with any passion for a country if you were born and raised in the neighbouring country. If they've never lived in Wales then why should they play for Wales (OK Ashley Williams lives in Swansea but he isn't Welsh)?

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:32 pm

I have to look past the fact players can play even if their born in another country.. but the captain should be and always be born in Wales. They insist on a Welsh born manager most of the time.. it ent even getting us no where.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:27 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I have to look past the fact players can play even if their born in another country.. but the captain should be and always be born in Wales. They insist on a Welsh born manager most of the time.. it ent even getting us no where.

If a player considers themselves Welsh then who are you to tell them they're not?

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:30 pm

They can consider themself Welsh but it will never make them Welsh, ent going to debate this longer. I will stand by my choice.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:00 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Spanish, French I would stll boycott if the captain was another nationality.

We can have a English born captain yet the Welsh FA insist on a Welsh manager.

Will they realise it ent taking us anywhere?

I don't give a toss if Giggs never played as much that was his choice and he played for his country of birth.

I would support the parent rule but nothing else.

People bang on about the we wouldn't have enough players but there are players who are Welsh but are not as good but I'd prefer them to play and give 110%.

I don't care if Williams likes it or any other player.

These players put on the shirt of a country they weren't born in.

I am full of respect for Ben Turner and Shawcross.. Turner is not my cup of tea in performances for us but he still gets my support and respect for his decision of rejecting.

Even if he never gets a chance its better to stick to your loyaltys and accepting a less better team because your too rubbish to play for your original birthplace.

I love Wales and was happy when we beat Scotland after pulling out buying tickets due to the change of captain.

It has nothing to do with him being a Jack but it goes for anyone.

I can't believe people are name calling because of a decision I made which is something I feel strongly about.

I was happy in previous thread where people saw my point of view and could respect it.

i know where your going with this mate :ayatollah:

why dont you contact the welsh FA i got some on facebook :laughing6:

Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:07 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Great squad, terrible captain and manager. By the way I won 2 tickets in the raffle for the game so if anyone wants them for £20. Won't be going due to boycott.

£20 yet there £10 on sale :thumbright: :laughing5:

Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:34 pm

Lewis Price (Crystal Palace) has withdrawn from the Wales squad. He will be replaced by Jason Brown.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:35 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:They can consider themself Welsh but it will never make them Welsh, ent going to debate this longer. I will stand by my choice.

So if both your parents are Welsh, your entire family are Welsh, you've lived in Wales your whole life and even speak Welsh but were born elsewhere you're not actually Welsh?

Idiocy.

Re: " UPDATED WALES FOOTBALL SQUAD TODAY NAMED/DECENT SQUAD?

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:01 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21325591

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:06 am

Darcy?

Whats happening with him these days?

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:07 am

ashleyCCFC wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Great squad, terrible captain and manager. By the way I won 2 tickets in the raffle for the game so if anyone wants them for £20. Won't be going due to boycott.

Yes 2 tickets at £10 is £20 :lol:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:14 pm

kingdong wrote:
ashleyCCFC wrote:

Yes 2 tickets at £10 is £20 :lol:

woops misread again :oops: :roll: :lol: :laughing6:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:25 pm

anyone know what the official match line up is? :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:09 am

ashleyCCFC wrote:anyone know what the official match line up is? :ayatollah:

You really think they announce the line up this early?