Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BRISTOL CITY FAN ATTACKED ON SLOPER ROAD

Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:10 pm

But a riot is a riot Johnny and it does not matter why they were caused. They are still handled in exactly the same way.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:But a riot is a riot Johnny and it does not matter why they were caused. They are still handled in exactly the same way.

lol well you cant belive that surely the way riots are dealt with is all based on public opinion the police were criticised very badly for the G20 and the student riots for being very heavy handed where as the august riots the police werent doing enough.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:42 pm

You're not going to like this guys, but as a Norwich City fan, I can tell you that your fans have a reputation. In the Championship it's Leeds, Millwall and Cardiff who are the bullies. I travel to every away ground by car, on my own, and it's only these grounds that I am frightened to wear my clubs colours, for fear of being attacked. It's good to see people on this board condemning this attack but, for the good of football the mindless minority at your club needs sorting out.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:52 pm

We certainly have a rep but I dont think its a fair one.

Southampton fans in colours singing walking down sloper road, you wouldnt have had that 10 years ago for sure but we did Wed.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Gatcombe wrote:You're not going to like this guys, but as a Norwich City fan, I can tell you that your fans have a reputation. In the Championship it's Leeds, Millwall and Cardiff who are the bullies. I travel to every away ground by car, on my own, and it's only these grounds that I am frightened to wear my clubs colours, for fear of being attacked. It's good to see people on this board condemning this attack but, for the good of football the mindless minority at your club needs sorting out.

Since our new stadium there have been very few incidents.
Away fans regulaly wear colours and drink in cardiff pubs, there was as many saints fans as city wedsnesday night in our pub. any trouble?? NO!!!!!!!!!!
I was with 2 saints fans, one in a saints top we went in 4 pubs in canton, anyone mutter a word to them or have a go??? NO!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Gatcombe wrote:You're not going to like this guys, but as a Norwich City fan, I can tell you that your fans have a reputation. In the Championship it's Leeds, Millwall and Cardiff who are the bullies. I travel to every away ground by car, on my own, and it's only these grounds that I am frightened to wear my clubs colours, for fear of being attacked. It's good to see people on this board condemning this attack but, for the good of football the mindless minority at your club needs sorting out.

When was the last time you came to Cardiff ? Since moving to CCS, the Bristol incident aside, I can't remember any trouble.

We accept it will take a long time to re-build our reputation but I think there is a growing acceptance that, after the tragedy at Wembley last month, times have changed. People like yourself who refuse to adjust their opinion because of a few bad experiences in years gone by are only going to prolong the tales of yesteryear.

I'm not naive there will still be people wanting to fight and, as long as their opposite numbers feel the same, I'm pretty indifferent toward it. The Bristol incident was shocking in that the kid wasn't looking for any trouble, hence the shock and various comments on this topic.

Before you judge the current Cardiff reputation I suggest come to a game and judge yourself.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:06 pm

Also Norwich fan, i was outside in the Ninian park beer garden having a pint and my breaky, and there was a Norwich family in there, they were all 7 or 8 of them wearing Norwich tops, they didnt stand out at all :lol: . they were lovely and chatted to many of us for ages, especially the daughter :love4: :love6: :love7:

Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:25 pm

southampton fans wearing their colours around our stadium and drinking in the ninian pub alongside cardiff fans last week. our hooligan problem is sorted fella.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:36 pm

piledriver64 wrote:I think there is a growing acceptance that, after the tragedy at Wembley last month, times have changed

You reckon? I don't. Maybe by some on here and by Mikey Dye's friends, but there are a lot of people whose behaviour and attitude won't change one iota. You're naive to think otherwise

Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Norwich fan remind us who had family club of the year? :ayatollah: