Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I HAVE HEARD THAT CITY WILL MAKE AN ATTEMPT IN JAN "

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:55 pm

" I HAVE HEARD THAT CITY WILL MAKE AN ATTEMPT IN JAN "

For ROUTLEDGE , Some people can laugh, but I Can only Say what I've heard :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If We get him, I Reckon it would be a SUPERB Loan Signing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " I HAVE HEARD THAT CITY WILL MAKE AN ATTEMPT IN JAN "

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:59 pm

Annis, yes an excellent signing, even better if it was permanent.

Where do we stand with loan signing, this season?

Does he play on the left or play on the riiiiiiight !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah:

Back of the Net wrote:Annis, yes an excellent signing, even better if it was permanent.

Where do we stand with loan signing, this season?

As long as its Only for 3 Months were Ok :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:00 pm

I prefer Burke

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:01 pm

Burke Oli Routledge

Bellamy Chopra Bothroyd

Sounds good to me

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:03 pm

I love routledge but personally I only see him as a bench player when everyone is fit.
Burke and Bellamy first choice.... I think jones would drop Burke tho.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:06 pm

My Opinion, DJ is Not keen on Burke, He thinks he is a Light weight on the ball, DJ is a great Admirer of Routledge.

I love Burke, But for once I am on DJ's Side :oops:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:08 pm

ffs another song we'll lose

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" I HAVE HEARD THAT CITY WILL MAKE AN ATTEMPT IN JAN "

For ROUTLEDGE , Some people can laugh, but I Can only Say what I've heard :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If We get him, I Reckon it would be a SUPERB Loan Signing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We have used our quota of long term loan signings for this season unless of course we sign one of the current loan players on a fulltime basis.

However I can believe that DJ would want Routledge and I agree he would be a superb signing. The cherry on the top of the promotion party cake. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:11 pm

castleblue wrote:

We have used our quota of long term loan signings for this season unless of course we sign one of the current loan players on a fulltime basis.

However I can believe that DJ would want Routledge and I agree he would be a superb signing. The cherry on the top of the promotion party cake. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Were Allowed the 3 month loan Signings :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:26 pm

blooobirds wrote:ffs another song we'll lose

Just change it slightly to " That Boy Chris Burke, Is Pele but White ! " :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:54 pm

Can he play centre half? Can we get Adebayor on loan to go with Belllers? ;) ;)

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My Opinion, DJ is Not keen on Burke, He thinks he is a Light weight on the ball, DJ is a great Admirer of Routledge.

Burke is a great player Annis but Routledge is better and Burkey could well be gone in Jan anyway so we need to plan for life without him- I love the Chris Burke song but factually it's inaccurate. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:57 pm

dorsetblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:My Opinion, DJ is Not keen on Burke, He thinks he is a Light weight on the ball, DJ is a great Admirer of Routledge.

Burke is a great player Annis but Routledge is better and Burkey could well be gone in Jan anyway so we need to plan for life without him- I love the Chris Burke song but factually it's inaccurate. :ayatollah:

DJ at This Moment has No intentions of offering Burke a New Contract, So MAYBE its good bye Burke in Jan.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:59 pm

Would be a cracking signing and great Cover for Burkey.

Mind you the song will have to change a bit... :lol:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:

DJ at This Moment has No intentions of offering Burke a New Contract, So MAYBE its good bye Burke in Jan.

Why is this Annis? Has Burke stood up to Jones soo he wants his out? :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:01 pm

Burke is a great player Annis but Routledge is better and Burkey could well be gone in Jan anyway so we need to plan for life without him- I love the Chris Burke song but factually it's inaccurate. :ayatollah:[/quote]

DJ at This Moment has No intentions of offering Burke a New Contract, So MAYBE its good bye Burke in Jan.[/quote]

Why's that though Annis cos he really is one of the most naturally gifted wingers I have seen down the City - up there will Willie Anderson, Dave Bennett and Gordon Owen as players who can genuinely beat their man - Routledge also did that though - all players who made the noise level increase when they got the ball.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:01 pm

Burke is very hot and cold - too many games when he is non existant (this also applies to a number of other players!)

Routledge would be good but he walked out once....will he be committed to the cause?

I do however agree we need cover as I think DJ will sell in January if a half decent offer comes in

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:02 pm

Can't understand this one. Routledge signed a 3 1/2 year contract in January - is he unhappy at Newcastle? - we could only get him on a 3 month loan (subject to recall at any time) even if he was interested in dropping down to the Championship. I do hope Burke does not leave, he's got more grit about him and more goals in him as well. It would cost a pretty penny to buy Routledge, I dont see the point of a 3 month loan especially if Burke stays.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:07 pm

Was only talking about him on the weekend Annis, he is quality
and will give a great option if Burkey is out :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:09 pm

wigstar wrote:Was only talking about him on the weekend Annis, he is quality
and will give a great option if Burkey is out :ayatollah:

I agree Wiggy, He is Pure Class for This Division. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Ive pm you :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:10 pm

is this the same routledge that we all love to hate,didnt he leave without saying cheerio :o

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:11 pm

krab wrote:is this the same routledge that we all love to hate,didnt he leave without saying cheerio :o

If he does sign and does the business on the pitch, all would be forgiven.

He's not getting any Newcastle games is he?

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:21 pm

hailesy wrote:
krab wrote:is this the same routledge that we all love to hate,didnt he leave without saying cheerio :o

he played on the weekend didnt he?,but if he did walk out i dont think he would rush back :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:22 pm

I am not surprised he was absolutely outstanding for us last time and could be again, but we need some centre half's first !!!!!!

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:24 pm

krab wrote:
hailesy wrote:

he played on the weekend didnt he?,but if he did walk out i dont think he would rush back :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

he was tempted away by the money presented to him by QPR no doubt.

I think he and Jay are mates, as they have tweeted a few times - both being from London.

I say let bygones be bygones and bring him on loan. Quality player on the day.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:26 pm

if we get Routledge, fit Riggott and two other centre backs zero chance we're not in top 2 after the season

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:29 pm

Gready b*stard but hell of a player

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:29 pm

hailesy wrote:He's not getting any Newcastle games is he?

He has played in 11 of Newcastle's 14 games, and has 2 and a half years left on his "Premiership-wage" contract.