Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Simpson

Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:36 am

Played well last night....

Very efficient.

At the moment I wouldn't disrupt the Ng, Kipre partnership, but a worthy back up who slots in very easily and will clearly challenge both incumbents.

Re: Simpson

Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:38 am

Barclay1 wrote:Played well last night....

Very efficient.

At the moment I wouldn't disrupt the Ng, Kipre partnership, but a worthy back up who slots in very easily and will clearly challenge both incumbents.

Thought he looked a bit uneasy at the start but played well after that.

Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:42 am

Natural left foot I would not disturb Kipre as yet However Simpson i see as a better footballer in the longer term and much quicker than Kipre

Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:20 am

Got to be Kipre and Simpson partnership

Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:27 am

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:Got to be Kipre and Simpson partnership

Dropping NG though?

Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:40 am

Hes a decent player needs a bit more fitness .

Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:51 am

The fixtures are so congested this year due to the world cup that I think we will see a lot of rotation so I expect Simpson to get a lot of games even if Kipre/Ng is our main partnership

Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:19 pm

Grew into the game for me, thought he started quite poorly but he hasn't played a lot recently so to be expected. Difficult place to get thrown in at the deep end so all in all did very well.

I thought ng was excellent last night!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:33 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Grew into the game for me, thought he started quite poorly but he hasn't played a lot recently so to be expected. Difficult place to get thrown in at the deep end so all in all did very well.

I thought ng was excellent last night!

When was the last time we has three really good ball playing centre halves?

Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:46 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Dropping NG though?

Yes. I always feel nervous with him at the back

Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:57 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Dropping NG though?
e

Yes. I always feel nervous with him at the back

The only weakness he has imo is aerial dominance. Maybe you’re right but NG would certainly be a more than able deputy for either of them or indeed all across the back 4 if needed.

Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:18 pm

Wouldn’t have been surprised to have seen Simpson brought on last night if Kipre was able to play and NG moved to left back when Collins got injured. O’Dowda did a sterling job there but we would have benefitted far more from O’Dowda coming on in his natural position in the last 25/30 mins.

NG was immense last night and wouldn’t drop him for Simpson anytime soon.

Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:20 pm

Maybe if Collins is out for a while play Ng, Kipre and Simpson with Romeo and O'Dowda as wing backs. Don't think Ralls suits our new style of playing.