Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City’s new home shirt for next season

Sun May 15, 2022 7:54 am

??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City’s new home shirt for next season

Sun May 15, 2022 8:02 am

Where is this from?

Not sure on it myself. Like the yellow on there although there could be more and not a fan of the pinstripes but have seen a lot worse.

Sun May 15, 2022 8:05 am

I hope not

Sun May 15, 2022 8:18 am

Looking around at other NB kits for 2022/2023 I'd hope and expect our new kit to look quite different and interesting compared to our Adidas ones which were dull and unimaginative.

Quite like the look of the style on these, especially Romas in blue.

https://footballfashion.org/wordpress/c ... w-balance/

Sun May 15, 2022 8:28 am

Very similar to those of the mid 80s, can see Terry Boyle running out in that!

Sun May 15, 2022 8:37 am

SwanseaBluebird wrote:Very similar to those of the mid 80s, can see Terry Boyle running out in that!

Yes, I actually like it.

Sun May 15, 2022 8:47 am

Imo it will need to be more modern than that .
After all shirts are what the kids want.

Sun May 15, 2022 8:49 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
SwanseaBluebird wrote:Very similar to those of the mid 80s, can see Terry Boyle running out in that!

Yes, I actually like it.

Me to.

Sun May 15, 2022 9:35 am

DEANO wrote:Imo it will need to be more modern than that .
After all shirts are what the kids want.

What would you alter / add mate?

Sun May 15, 2022 10:02 am

Don't mind that, similar to the kit from late 80s. I would still like to see a bit more yellow included. I'm still waiting for the yellow and white stripes down the one side!

When money is so tight its a bit annoying we still don't have a proper shirt sponsor - if that image is official.

Sun May 15, 2022 10:50 am

Looks Ok, but why can’t we have a retro 70’s style kit with the two stripe on it. All fans would love it

Sun May 15, 2022 10:52 am

City slicker27 wrote:Don't mind that, similar to the kit from late 80s. I would still like to see a bit more yellow included. I'm still waiting for the yellow and white stripes down the one side!

When money is so tight its a bit annoying we still don't have a proper shirt sponsor - if that image is official.

I’m fairly certain I saw somewhere that it’s a mock up. Either way it looks superb though :thumbright:.

Sun May 15, 2022 10:52 am

It’s a concept kit hahah

Sun May 15, 2022 11:35 am

derynglas wrote:
City slicker27 wrote:Don't mind that, similar to the kit from late 80s. I would still like to see a bit more yellow included. I'm still waiting for the yellow and white stripes down the one side!

I’m fairly certain I saw somewhere that it’s a mock up. Either way it looks superb though :thumbright:.

Fair enough. Not a bad kit to be fair. Still live in hope of the yellow and white stripes then! :lol:

Sun May 15, 2022 2:51 pm

Here are some released New Balance kits for 2022/23. They are all individual and not based on generic templates. The club could play a blinder here and do something unique, I really hope we see a return of the classic white & yellow stripe.

Jersey-AS-Roma-2022-2023.jpg

FC-Tokyo-2022-New-Balance-Third-Kit-1.jpg

AVvXsEj0BLU8WKxZDjltIgbPOWWGa_Mrtu66iMaLoeY72RTjaELjBafcKWGbfJLd3H5mvXE4cK_ruEG0NpdHo6NHQj4PTg3XEWqD36ZUvrCyosFUA4dsrHvAe_Ry_OZi23ByGp2cJYEwt4es81gsfh7L4V_VGltOfKQ7Kzbu4P1J6Xh36U7mNwu6PCeThpJ-Qw=s1000.jpeg

red-bull-bragantino-22-23-kit-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 15, 2022 3:06 pm

I'd be delighted with the one that Bale is wearing in the mock-up photo, which is based on the Tokyo kit (picture 2). The white & yellow stripe and Bluebird detail would be superb.

Sun May 15, 2022 3:19 pm

As long as it's blue and no red or red dragon in site I'm happy.

Sun May 15, 2022 6:10 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Here are some released New Balance kits for 2022/23. They are all individual and not based on generic templates. The club could play a blinder here and do something unique, I really hope we see a return of the classic white & yellow stripe.

Jersey-AS-Roma-2022-2023.jpg

FC-Tokyo-2022-New-Balance-Third-Kit-1.jpg

AVvXsEj0BLU8WKxZDjltIgbPOWWGa_Mrtu66iMaLoeY72RTjaELjBafcKWGbfJLd3H5mvXE4cK_ruEG0NpdHo6NHQj4PTg3XEWqD36ZUvrCyosFUA4dsrHvAe_Ry_OZi23ByGp2cJYEwt4es81gsfh7L4V_VGltOfKQ7Kzbu4P1J6Xh36U7mNwu6PCeThpJ-Qw=s1000.jpeg

red-bull-bragantino-22-23-kit-2.jpg

That FC Tokyo kit is clearly an outlier for what would be most popular with fans. Regardless of what we end up with, NB is so rare in the EFL/PL we’re at least guaranteed a unique kit instead of sharing a template with other Adidas teams.

Mon May 16, 2022 5:58 pm

Should we not be seeing a more gender neutral coluring and style??

Mon May 16, 2022 6:03 pm

I agree; Terry Boyle was the first name that entered my mind on seeing it...

Very retro, not the worst but not for mr, as hoping for blue, white and yellow :ayatollah: