Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City decided to take a less allocation

Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:22 pm

Paul Corky:

Liverpool away:

Offered 7,900 tickets

Cardiff took 6,900 as they decided not to take areas with restricted views.

Yes it goes back to our last visit and the many issues we encountered in that end...we sent them a detailed report.. so when the draw was made we were fully aware of seats that were not acceptable and refused them at the cost of a reduced allocation.

Re: Cardiff City decided to take a less allocation

Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:27 pm

Paul Corky same restricted views for the home fans at anfield rd lower next to the away end .. they sell out .. so don’t make excuses :lol:

Apart from Wembley... we never sit in our allocated seats? So why are we deciding to get a reduced allocation?

Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:30 pm

I don’t think we will sell out?

That’s why they decided to take reduced allocation, save us looking embarrassed.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:33 pm

Always City wrote:I don’t think we will sell out?

That’s why they decided to take reduced allocation, save us looking embarrassed.

We will sell out easily.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:41 pm

Horrible away end for the Premier League and League Cup games - like watching the game through a letterbox.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:44 pm

davids wrote:Horrible away end for the Premier League and League Cup games - like watching the game through a letterbox.

Agree shit ground for a supposedly top world club

Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:03 pm

We had a travel club meeting recently and full details will be in the minutes on official site in due course.

However ,with Liverpool. The club could have taken 5,000 tickers sale or return but opted for the larger allocation of 6,900 but we can't return any now,so let's sell them out.
Our last 2 visits to Anfield in the Premier league were problematic..we only had half the lower stand and many of the back rows had restricted views...people who were in these seats moved to others causing issues ,we know our fans never sit in the right seats but normally it's not an issue because everyone can see wherever they sit this is not the case in Liverpool.
We have refused to take any seats thst are classed restricted view..that means due to us having all the bottom stand ,means we forfeit 800 tickets on one hand but stop an issue on the other hand.
Fans want to see the game wherever they sit or stand and if we took every possible place we would have had problems like we had the last twice we visited.
We still have a great allocation of 6900 and hopefully the club were right to take the bigger allocation and they sell out but there is no doubt in my mind that refusing restricted views for this game was correct...it would not have been great it we had a lot smaller allocation like for a league match.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:07 pm

corky wrote:We had a travel club meeting recently and full details will be in the minutes on official site in due course.

However ,with Liverpool. The club could have taken 5,000 tickers sale or return but opted for the larger allocation of 6,900 but we can't return any now,so let's sell them out.
Our last 2 visits to Anfield in the Premier league were problematic..we only had half the lower stand and many of the back rows had restricted views...people who were in these seats moved to others causing issues ,we know our fans never sit in the right seats but normally it's not an issue because everyone can see wherever they sit this is not the case in Liverpool.
We have refused to take any seats thst are classed restricted view..that means due to us having all the bottom stand ,means we forfeit 800 tickets on one hand but stop an issue on the other hand.
Fans want to see the game wherever they sit or stand and if we took every possible place we would have had problems like we had the last twice we visited.
We still have a great allocation of 6900 and hopefully the club were right to take the bigger allocation and they sell out but there is no doubt in my mind that refusing restricted views for this game was correct...it would not have been great it we had a lot smaller allocation like for a league match.

That all seems reasonable to me.
TBh id rather not go than be sat somewhere where I can't see.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:22 pm

The restricted view is a big problem so it's good we've taken a reduced allocation to solve this. I was at the SC shop in the week and they think it will sell out ahead of the 'general' sale to Club Members who are not season ticket holders with no aways.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:24 pm

corky wrote:We had a travel club meeting recently and full details will be in the minutes on official site in due course.

However ,with Liverpool. The club could have taken 5,000 tickers sale or return but opted for the larger allocation of 6,900 but we can't return any now,so let's sell them out. :bluebird:

Thanks Corky :thumbright:

Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:53 pm

wez1927 wrote:
davids wrote:Horrible away end for the Premier League and League Cup games - like watching the game through a letterbox.

Much preferred Everton’s ground when we played them both in the premier. Not a great view and it didn’t help that we had about 17% possession either.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:29 pm

Everton?. Now that is a complete shit hole

Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:31 pm

I'm surprised with the small allocation , the concourse is huge

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:22 pm

Do we have the upper tier to or just the bottom tiers?

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:55 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:Do we have the upper tier to or just the bottom tiers?

Lower and upper. Lower will be better as nearer to the pitch plus reduced allocation means no restricted views for anyone. Web site says sales are block by block on a first come first served basis so you can't choose which tier you want to be in.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:08 pm

Crayfish wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Much preferred Everton’s ground when we played them both in the premier. Not a great view and it didn’t help that we had about 17% possession either.

Me too. We were in the leftish side of the upper tier and stood down the front so the roof rake didn't spoil the view, which TBH was great from that position. Nice old ground for me, they'll miss it when they move to the new £500m stadium I think but that's how it goes.