TO THE FICKLE FANS WHO BOO!!!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Bambasbestbuddy22 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:02 am

WTF!!! There were people booing next to me in the Canton last night just before half time. I know we were not playing great but getting on the players backs is not going to help !!!
The booers got worse towards the later stages of the second half. You know who you are and its ridiculous. We need everyone to get behind the team and be patient.
Rome wasn't built in a day.
Bambasbestbuddy22

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: TO THE FICKLE FANS WHO BOO!!!

Postby Bonner » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:36 am

agree...
no it was not great, but it was not like the team were not trying.
Our fans are amongst the worst at times and the best at others..
iat times like these the team our support more than ever.. we have youngsters in the team who will not react well to booing.
i think fans thought ‘ it’s only Hull’..
Canton End.... get a grip .
Bonner

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:57 am

Booing wont help.

However, we have one or to plyers who seem to not be pulling their weight and while we are in this relegation fight then expect more booing.
Bakedalasker

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:00 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Booing wont help.

However, we have one or to plyers who seem to not be pulling their weight and while we are in this relegation fight then expect more booing.

Exactly Ian, booing will not help at all.

But a few of the players need to get their act together and I don’t mean the youngsters , they are giving their all.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Paulyblue » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:10 am

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:WTF!!! There were people booing next to me in the Canton last night just before half time. I know we were not playing great but getting on the players backs is not going to help !!!
The booers got worse towards the later stages of the second half. You know who you are and its ridiculous. We need everyone to get behind the team and be patient.
Rome wasn't built in a day.

Totally agree..it will totally demoralise the youngsters ..still not sure what managers see in bacuna though.. didn't deserve to lose just lacked that bit of quality with our chances...we knew it was going to be a bumpy ride..so couldn't believe the booing
Paulyblue

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:13 am

Forever Blue wrote:

But a few of the players need to get their act together and I don’t mean the youngsters , they are giving their all.

Indeed Annis. We can't blame the youngsters they have been thrown right in it. My fear for them is that they might find this a bit overwhelming. We need our experienced guys to step up to the mark and from what I have seen that is where the lacking is.
Bakedalasker

Postby Capital Bluebird » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:17 am

I couldn’t believe it, it’s embarrassing. Those fans that booed are a disgrace. Is there anyone on here that booed last night? Would love to know how you thought that was going to help???
Capital Bluebird

Postby Igovernor » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:21 am

No matter how you feel we should never ever boo our players!
Igovernor

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:25 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Indeed Annis. We can't blame the youngsters they have been thrown right in it. My fear for them is that they might find this a bit overwhelming. We need our experienced guys to step up to the mark and from what I have seen that is where the lacking is.

Exactly Ian, and you are do right , but the usual suspects accuse us of being negative :roll:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Abergavenny » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:17 am

The booing was by more than a few as well Sounded like a good 30% of the crowd to me
Abergavenny

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:52 am

I thought it was ridiculous to be honest,absolutely no need for it.
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby bluebird04 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:10 am

Capital Bluebird wrote:I couldn’t believe it, it’s embarrassing. Those fans that booed are a disgrace. Is there anyone on here that booed last night? Would love to know how you thought that was going to help???

so i heard people say there was booing at half time, and people cheering when Bacuna went off. i missed that, as i went down just before half time to the toilet. and missed 20 minutes of the second half. a few of us booed but not at the team, it was at the ref, and the time wasting by hull players. didn't boo the city players.

edit : i didn't miss 20 minutes due to being the toilet, i just meant, i went for a pee, had a few drinks then missed 20 minutes
bluebird04

Postby City slicker27 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:46 pm

If he wants to stop the booing he needs to be more positive with his team selection. We did not need 3 holding CMs playing when we are playing five at the back. Bacuna is a bang average championship player when played in his correct position and He is absolutely nonexistent as a forward. The crowd feed off how the team play, seeing bacuna pretty much as a spectator for most of the game doesnt help.
City slicker27

Postby BlueLew » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:37 pm

Whoever boo's our own team is a total bellend. Lets not make the players resent us and lets stop this crap ASAP.
BlueLew

Postby Blueman39 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:45 pm

I’ve never booed as it doesn’t help but some of the players ain’t giving 100% so how else can the fans show their feelings when it costs a lot to go to the games.
Better off showing some of our squad the fight Derby players are showing with their massive points deduction.
Blueman39

Postby Martyn 62 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:20 pm

Hi Guy's -Tigers fan here, always liked the 2 Cities games, having Cardiff relatives through Marriage ( Groves Family-Butetown) but know Roath & Ely, Canton as well...Is Caroline St still buzzing...lol?) Anyway, back to the game - Thought it was a very even, entertaining match on TV, We've obviously found it very hard to score this year-only seem to knock 'em in when in League 1 and start off slowly as you did last night. Think the long throw-in 'goal' was correctly scratched off, but do think you should have had a pen 2nd half, as most teams are doing this shirt pulling on corners etc-hate to see it, especially from us. As for the Booing, have never done that in over 50yrs of watching Hull City, and like all of us, have seen some dross over the years but have never done that? Good luck for the rest of the Season....UTT's :occasion5:
Martyn 62

Postby RV Casual » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:08 pm

Igovernor wrote:No matter how you feel we should never ever boo our players!

Got to disagree with you here sorry mate.

I have boo'd our players/manager twice in my time watching Cardiff and I think I can justify it both times.

The first time was at Sheffield Wednesday away on the last day of the season, although it was more towards Roger Johnson who had the audacity to turn around to the away end and throw his arms in the air at us when the fans were getting stressed, we all know what happened that season and the players deserved a boo at the end of that game, I spent a small fortune following that team that season and they let us down big time.

The second time was at the end of the play off final defeat against Blackpool where I boo'd Dave Jones at the end and called him a few choice expletives, not that he would have hered me. Again, fully justified in my opinion.

Booing is obviously counter productive but I wouldn't say you should NEVER do it.
RV Casual

Postby bluecityblue » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:43 pm

I’m in the canton and there was definitely booing and jeering from behind me after only 25 minutes. Ridiculous considering the shite we watched under MM.
bluecityblue

Postby Stairway to Merthyr » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:47 pm

Most who booed are probably youngsters who have only known championship and Premier league football, laced with cup final trips to wembley. Relegation dramas are a new experience i expect :roll:
Stairway to Merthyr

Postby pontlliwblue » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:00 pm

I booed but my anger was not out at our lads just the yet again inept referred who allowed Hull to just waste time without any punishment. Their guy who went down a foot from the goaline who was allowed to get treatment on the pitch for 3 minutes before sprinting to the half way line to get back on was just one example. If referrees don't Clamp down on these tactics I'll continue to vent my frustration. Don't take it personally SM why not instead start venting some anger at the 4th officials all sir neil.
pontlliwblue

Postby rumpo kid » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:51 pm

Fickle not, for these are the people who turn up to support the club, despite it being a vacuous shell. Booing is showing their displeasure at inept performance by some players, which was evident for all to see. They’re(players) not that bothered tho, the cash is pretty good these days..

On the playing side, whose the Captain? Doesn’t seem to be any leaders there.
rumpo kid

Postby Sven » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:46 am

rumpo kid wrote:Fickle not, for these are the people who turn up to support the club, despite it being a vacuous shell. Booing is showing their displeasure at inept performance by some players, which was evident for all to see. They’re(players) not that bothered tho, the cash is pretty good these days..

We need a fit and fighting Sean Morrison to lead the pack. It's been said before but we are more cohesive as a team when he is in the side
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby nubbsy » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:12 am

New manager, 1-0 down, everything to play for second half. It's honestly embarrassing how fickle these pricks are
nubbsy

Postby nubbsy » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:14 am

pontlliwblue wrote:I booed but my anger was not out at our lads just the yet again inept referred who allowed Hull to just waste time without any punishment. Their guy who went down a foot from the goaline who was allowed to get treatment on the pitch for 3 minutes before sprinting to the half way line to get back on was just one example. If referrees don't Clamp down on these tactics I'll continue to vent my frustration. Don't take it personally SM why not instead start venting some anger at the 4th officials all sir neil.

Yeah I'm sure all the players and staff new you were not directing it at them
nubbsy

Postby rumpo kid » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:53 am

Sven wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Fickle not, for these are the people who turn up to support the club, despite it being a vacuous shell. Booing is showing their displeasure at inept performance by some players, which was evident for all to see. They’re(players) not that bothered tho, the cash is pretty good these days..

We need a fit and fighting Sean Morrison to lead the pack. It's been said before but we are more cohesive as a team when he is in the side

Agree.. Pack as a senior pro should be doing this from the middle, but he makes too many mistakes to be in the position.. someone needs to put the frighteners on now and again to galvanise them, its too quiet out there.

What happening with Morrison.. he's normally a shoe-in?
rumpo kid

Return to General Chat