Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

(JAMES) COLLINS ?

Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:10 pm

Who the hell scouted out this prolific striker?

In the same catogery as Niasse shocking and
"Sh.te"

Re: COLLINS ?

Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:19 pm

montyblue wrote:Who the hell scouted out this prolific striker?

"Sh.te"

Come on, what you expect him to do with us playing 9 man defence? He is a forward, how man chances do we create in penalty area in 1st half yesterday?

Zilch, big fat zero. Who's fault is that.....?

Similar story all season, even Moore looks as bad, if not worse upfront ....

Can put same argument to all centre forwards past 5 yrs or so because all had similar problems for same reason....

A change of style will do wonders for Moore, Collins and any other striker we use

Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

"Sh.te"

Come on, what you expect him to do with us playing 9 man defence? He is a forward, how man chances do we create in penalty area in 1st half yesterday?

Can put same argument to all centre forwards past 5 yrs or so because all had similar problems for same reason....

A change of style will do wonders for Moore, Collins and any other striker we use

Well said All. Kane and Lukaku would struggle in our formation.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:07 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

"Sh.te"

Well said All. Kane and Lukaku would struggle in our formation.

Same thing applies to other players they are not bad players but being asked to play in positions and formation that doesn't suit them is asking for poor performances ... no point odd player playing well that doesn't help team overall .

Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:08 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

"Sh.te"

To be fair, you have to account for Monty's 'knee-jerk' reactions and not thinking things through ;)

From what I've seen, James Collins works very hard for the team and achieves quite a lot without the end result he was brought in for, i.e. goals

He is clearly a decent player, as he has proven with Luton where he scored goals at a good rate. I actually thought he had a good game yesterday and included a couple of decent strikes on goal that were either blocked or cleared

Who can honestly say he performed any worse than anyone else, including our subdued at present 'star striker' Keiffer Moore?

Certainly not me or anyone sat around me yesterday. We reckoned all the guy needs (like Keiffer) is a goal to set him off and running again

Now wait for it...

SVEN...

Some people just so predictable! :laughing6:

Re: (JAMES) COLLINS ?

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:24 pm

SVEN
To right there some people are predictable pehaps i should have said imo he's poor i was there sat and did' nt think he had a bril game and he has fluffed any chances he has had infront of goal since he came here hence my reference to niasse he also ran around going knowhere and could' nt hit a barn door with a shovel
Moore is no better at the moment but the topic was collins.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:12 pm

montyblue wrote:SVEN
To right there some people are predictable pehaps i should have said imo he's poor i was there sat and did' nt think he had a bril game and he has fluffed any chances he has had infront of goal since he came here hence my reference to niasse he also ran around going knowhere and could' nt hit a barn door with a shovel

But why single him out? Moore just as bad and also missed sitters this season .... and spends more time whinging on his arse? never see Collins on his arse whinging .... is it fair to pick on one player when another player in same position is just as bad if not worse considering he's an international player?

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:47 pm

PRMBROKE ALLAN

Moore obviously is not firing but i was talking about collins since he has been here moore did score 20 plus last season since signing for us collins to date nothing
as regards singling him out have you not mentioned or singled out a player since you have been on the forum .

Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:19 pm

Postby montyblue » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:47 pm

PRMBROKE ALLAN

Moore obviously is not firing but i was talking about collins since he has been here moore did score 20 plus last season since signing for us collins to date nothing
as regards singling him out have you not mentioned or singled out a player since you have been on the forum .

If Mo Salah was our lone striker this year playing as our lone striker with virtually no crosses, nobody pulling holes in the defence for him to run into, and very few chances being created, I think that even he would be finding it tough.

You can't compare our strikers from last season to this as last season we had wingers and Wilson and not five centre-backs!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:21 pm

montyblue wrote:PRMBROKE ALLAN

Criticised many for their performances like every poster on here.... but not singularly in way that you have of Collins.... tend to offer reasons why they are poor Collins is no exception to that rule..offered reasons for his poor scoring record but done same for Moore and tbh all our failed strikers past 4 or 5 yrs and theres been a lot... my point was criticise Collins but not Moore when both same positions and have same problem ? They couldn't hit elephant off a lightbulb at 10ft.. plus Collins is back up striker not main striker moore is :thumbup:

Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:31 pm

montyblue wrote:PRMBROKE ALLAN

Criticised many for their performances like every poster on here.... but not singularly in way that you have of Collins.... tend to offer reasons why they are poor Collins is no exception to that rule..offered reasons for his poor scoring record but done same for Moore and tbh all our failed strikers past 4 or 5 yrs and theres been a lot... my point was criticise Collins but not Moore when both same positions and have same problem ? They couldn't hit elephant off a lightbulb at 10ft.. plus Collins is back up striker not main striker moore is :thumbup:

Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:42 pm

montyblue wrote:SVEN

Right on cue...! :thumbup: :laughing6: :laughing6:

About Collins, I agree; but disagree he is a poor player and you mentioned Niasse, so are you being selective on who can be brought into it?

Did you watch the game and come to that conclusion on the result alone? :o

I'll give you some credit; you take it well (unlike some others) and keep coming back for more... :ayatollah: :clap:

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:29 am

A lot of "people" have singled out bacuna for his performances is mine any different about collins.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:32 am

SVEN
You asked did i watch the game
if you bothered to read my whole text you will see i mentioned saturday.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:38 am

"Sh.te"

I got shot down when I warned everyone Collins was past his sell by date and was told this by many Luton fans.

How many league goals this season and played in virtually every game.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:00 am

Play him in a 442 with someone to play off - and he'd be fine

Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:17 pm

He is one of the worst we've seen.

Like a budget Alex Revel :oops:

Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:53 pm

by nickjonesrox2 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:17 pm

He is one of the worst we've seen.

Like a budget Alex Revel :oops:

But how many have you seen up front alone with so few chances being created inside the box. How many has Keiffer Moore scored this season?

We shouldn't have bought someone like him if this was our attacking strategy.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:32 pm

"Sh.te"

The whole team is shite at the moment & singling out Collins is not right.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:01 am

HE COULD NOT HIT A BARN DOOR WITH A BAG OF PEAS, A STRIKER!!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:24 am

Collins scored 27 goals for Luton in the last two seasons compared to Moore’s 30 so both strikers can score but not with our current formation, let’s hope Morison can sort it out!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:19 pm

It's hard to imagine we have two strikers that have smashed in 57 goals between them in the last two seasons , surely you'd feel positive about building a team around that potential. ??

Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:16 pm

Cant remember the last time we played to the strength of our strikers, maybe Booth and Chops? Imagine signing Moore and then stop playing with wingers lol

Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:52 pm

The lad has had absolutely no service all season ....he doesn’t look like a championship striker but neither does Moore based on what we ve seen this season .
He is one of several players who have not played well so singly him out as schit is unfair .
Bacuna, Morrison, Nelson, Pack, Vaulks ...need I go on ????