Fans leader - B**lS**t

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fans leader - B**lS**t

Postby Welsh Exile » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:53 pm

What the hell was Keith Morgan doing today ?

Whilst I agree with a lot of what he said, he then goes on to say “it’s not a very attractive proposition at the moment to come in and be the next manager of Cardiff City” on national tv.

ffs Keith you had the opportunity to sell us as a club crying out to be saved, a cub that is a sleeping giant, a one city club with a catchment area of over a million people (not just Cardiff itself) a club that has been promoted to the premier league twice in the last 10 years, a club with a good infrastructure etc etc

But no, he basically says Cardiff City are not an attractive proposition for a manager, so steer clear :banghead:
Welsh Exile

Fans leader - B**lS**t

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Fans leader - B**lS**t

Postby Abergavenny » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:55 pm

Welsh Exile wrote:What the hell was Keith Morgan doing today ?

Whilst I agree with a lot of what he said, he then goes on to say “it’s not a very attractive proposition at the moment to come in and be the next manager of Cardiff City” on national tv.

ffs Keith you had the opportunity to sell us as a club crying out to be saved, a cub that is a sleeping giant, a one city club with a catchment area of over a million people (not just Cardiff itself) a club that has been promoted to the premier league twice in the last 10 years, a club with a good infrastructure etc etc

But no, he basically says Cardiff City are not an attractive proposition for a manager, so steer clear :banghead:

Agree with you 100%
Abergavenny

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:03 pm

He's entitled to his opinion.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Welsh Exile » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:08 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:He's entitled to his opinion.

I’m not saying he isn’t, but do you think that was a good thing to say about our club on national tv when actively looking for a new manager ?
Welsh Exile

Postby stickywicket » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:59 pm

I've no idea who Keith Morgan is.
stickywicket

Postby Sven » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:08 pm

Welsh Exile wrote:

I’m not saying he isn’t, but do you think that was a good thing to say about our club on national tv when actively looking for a new manager ?

He's only stating fact under current conditions and I really don't think it (a) matters, and (b) will stop candidates applying and/or wanting the job

I respect Keith, his opinions and that he puts himself forward to at least try to make a difference where he can, whilst most of the rest of us bleat and mock but do little to achieve similar

I am not a member of The Trust and they do not represent me; but I respect their efforts and the time they put in trying (often successfully) to make a difference for their members and, somewhat by default, the rest of us

Right now though, we have far far more important matters to concern ourselves/yourself with right now than an honest assessment from Keith Morgan on (a bias regardless) TV channel... ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Welsh Exile » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:33 pm

Sven wrote:
Welsh Exile wrote:

He's only stating fact under current conditions and I really don't think it (a) matters, and (b) will stop candidates applying and/or wanting the job

I respect Keith, his opinions and that he puts himself forward to at least try to make a difference where he can, whilst most of the rest of us bleat and mock but do little to achieve similar

I am not a member of The Trust and they do not represent me; but I respect their efforts and the time they put in trying (often successfully) to make a difference for their members and, somewhat by default, the rest of us

Right now though, we have far far more important matters to concern ourselves/yourself with right now than an honest assessment from Keith Morgan on (a bias regardless) TV channel... ;)

If you read what I said, I did say I agreed with him on the whole however, I didn’t think the last bit needed to be said when he had a great opportunity to promote the club, on a channel which the uk football fraternity watch including prospective candidates for the role.
Welsh Exile

Postby BigBearBlue1974 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:54 pm

Perhaps thats the problem. We are delusional? Fanbase potential is fantastic. But the club politics are a fu.... drama year on year.

The club knows most will come no matter what shite is put on the pitch. 11 blue shirts on a washing line mentality.
BigBearBlue1974

Postby Sven » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:22 pm

Welsh Exile wrote:
Sven wrote:
Welsh Exile wrote:

If you read what I said, I did say I agreed with him on the whole however, I didn’t think the last bit needed to be said when he had a great opportunity to promote the club, on a channel which the uk football fraternity watch including prospective candidates for the role.

Yes, appreciate that; but Keith's views were his own and had little or no bearing on the outcome of any managerial candidates coming forward, hence your original comments were of little value in the grand scheme
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Welsh Exile » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:04 am

Sven wrote:
Welsh Exile wrote:
Sven wrote:
Welsh Exile wrote:

Yes, appreciate that; but Keith's views were his own and had little or no bearing on the outcome of any managerial candidates coming forward, hence your original comments were of little value in the grand scheme

I was only voicing my concern on a forum where fans gather to discuss our particular club, surely that’s what this board is about is it not ?

However as what seems to happen a lot lately individuals with a sheriffs badge feel its ok to attempt to belittle others with contradicting views, if it doesn’t fit their personal opinion then that shouldn’t matter, to say someone’s opinion is of little value in the grand scheme of things maybe correct in the grand scheme of things, however its not of little value on a message board dedicated to a very small fraction of the footballing world, in fact its the exact opposite, but never mind eh it doesn’t fit with your opinion so it doesn’t matter.
Welsh Exile

Postby RV Casual » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:14 am

I do see the point your making mate but I wouldn't worry, he's only stating the obvious and its what any new managers will already know. Plus we don't really need to be sold, any manager worth his salt would know what the club is about and its potential and done their research, if they haven't then we don't really want them.
RV Casual

Postby Barclay1 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:24 am

For what it's worth, I agree with what Keith said, and quite honestly it is quite well documented in football society so I am 100% sure no off is going to watch that and say " Oh my God, I never knew".

I also agree with Sven when he says that it is highly improbable that any managerial candidate will watch that and think " I'd better not apply then".

People need to stand up to this regime, and say things as they see them.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Barclay1 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:27 am

Welsh Exile wrote:
Sven wrote:
Welsh Exile wrote:
Sven wrote:
Welsh Exile wrote:

I was only voicing my concern on a forum where fans gather to discuss our particular club, surely that’s what this board is about is it not ?

However as what seems to happen a lot lately individuals with a sheriffs badge feel its ok to attempt to belittle others with contradicting views, if it doesn’t fit their personal opinion then that shouldn’t matter, to say someone’s opinion is of little value in the grand scheme of things maybe correct in the grand scheme of things, however its not of little value on a message board dedicated to a very small fraction of the footballing world, in fact its the exact opposite, but never mind eh it doesn’t fit with your opinion so it doesn’t matter.

Personally, I have no problem with you having a different opinion to mine, it's what makes the world go round, and I'm sure Sven would agree.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:27 am

Barclay1 wrote:For what it's worth, I agree with what Keith said, and quite honestly it is quite well documented in football society so I am 100% sure no off is going to watch that and say " Oh my God, I never knew".

I also agree with Sven when he says that it is highly improbable that any managerial candidate will watch that and think " I'd better not apply then".

Lee, I agree with you and Sven, at this current moment we are No attraction to any good manager.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:For what it's worth, I agree with what Keith said, and quite honestly it is quite well documented in football society so I am 100% sure no off is going to watch that and say " Oh my God, I never knew".

Lee, I agree with you and Sven, at this current moment we are No attraction to any good manager.

But sven doesnt say that Annis, he says the opposite in fact, that what keith said will NOT put a manager off coming here.at least that's what I'm reading.
bluesince62

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:46 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

But sven doesnt say that Annis, he says the opposite in fact, that what keith said will NOT put a manager off coming here.at least that's what I'm reading.

In fact re reading, it seems Barclay Also states he agrees with sven, on it wont put a manager off.just thought I'd clarify their views.
bluesince62

Postby goats » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:53 pm

We need an up and coming one this time preferably with connections, tough ask working for VT though, as long as he doesn’t get too involved it should be ok…new CEO just as important.
goats

Postby Bluebina » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:38 pm

I agree what daft thing to say :roll:
Bluebina

Postby Man of Harlech » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:38 pm

Bluebina wrote:

I agree what daft thing to say :roll:

I agree too. There are enough people having a go at our club as it is. There is the usual group who take every opportunity to traduce the current regime on here and we all know the reason for that. But for Keith Morgan to do so on a national stage is not clever, no matter what his views might be. At best he can only speak for the members of the trust. How many of them are there?
Man of Harlech

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:59 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

In fact re reading, it seems Barclay Also states he agrees with sven, on it wont put a manager off.just thought I'd clarify their views.

Correct, I don't think it will put anyone off. Seriously, why would it? It's a job and a decent challenge, too! :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:30 pm

Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Correct, I don't think it will put anyone off. Seriously, why would it? It's a job and a decent challenge, too! :ayatollah:

I thought I was misreading it at 1st Chris, then after re reading the posts thought I got it correct.
Why say we are NO attraction to any good manager? I believe we certainly are, as Danny Murphy stated the other day, big club with great fans, a decent proposition for any manager!
bluesince62

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:40 pm

What’s this ‘Bellsoot’ mean..
rumpo kid

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:44 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I thought I was misreading it at 1st Chris, then after re reading the posts thought I got it correct.
Why say we are NO attraction to any good manager? I believe we certainly are, as Danny Murphy stated the other day, big club with great fans, a decent proposition for any manager!

I agree with that, mate; I just don't see a Keith Morgan (or any other 'fan') comment having any effect on any managerial candidate who actually wants the job :thumbright:
Sven

Postby moonboots » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:01 am

I agree with Danny Murphy. We are a big club with great fans and I believe we are a terrific prospect for most managers and particularly a talented up and coming coach. Sure there are some down sides to the Club at the moment with no money to spend...but that's the case at most Championship clubs. There will be some very talented coaches/managers out there who apply for the job. Let's hope our not so talented senior management team will pick a good one for us.
moonboots

Return to General Chat