MORISON 1/10 FAV (Thurs 2pm) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER ODDS "

Gambler's Den

Re: LATEST ODDS (8.25pm, Saturday) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby The Mellon » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:10 pm

Xisco Munoz anyone?
Did a fantastic job in getting Watford promoted and unlucky to get the sack so early in the season I thought!!
Trouble is he’s young and ambitious which will put the board off straight away lol
The Mellon

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:11 pm

Far too ambitious for us.
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby mugsy » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:50 pm

Great scrabble score however!
mugsy

Postby jockinwales » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:21 am

Michael Flynn and Mark Hudson
jockinwales

Re: LATEST ODDS " NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby BC-CB » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:38 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:Apart from Wilder - none of the above.

I hope Morrison does well and wish him the best of luck for the next couple of games.

With 2 "r"s?
BC-CB

Postby Jonesy99 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:02 am

Just read the Trust’s minutes of the meeting with Dalman and Choo yesterday, where they say no money for transfers in Jan or the Summer.

Whoever comes in is therefore going to need to be great in the loan market and have good connections. If we are to try and pick up premier league loans we will definitely need a manager with a possession based game as they wouldn’t want to loan any of their decent prospects out to hoofball teams
Jonesy99

Postby Danny Says » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:55 am

Apparently according to ICWales Lennon is interested.
HELP ;)
Danny Says

Postby TERRYB » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:18 am

I bet it will be none of those named, it wouldn’t surprise me if they go for the Luton manager, Nathan Jones. If he can be persuaded! And he is a Welshman. :bluescarf:
TERRYB

Postby GaerBlue » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:58 am

TERRYB wrote:I bet it will be none of those named, it wouldn’t surprise me if they go for the Luton manager, Nathan Jones. If he can be persuaded! And he is a Welshman. :bluescarf:

Who’s going to pay Luton the compensation? Because it’s certainly not going to be our board.
GaerBlue

Postby Crayfish » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:26 am

TERRYB wrote:I bet it will be none of those named, it wouldn’t surprise me if they go for the Luton manager, Nathan Jones. If he can be persuaded! And he is a Welshman. :bluescarf:

Nathan Jones was a total disaster at Stoke. Been excellent at Luton but if he repeated his form at Stoke we would be relegated.
Crayfish

Postby Igovernor » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:05 am

The new manager coming in could be one that is already with a club!
Igovernor

Postby davids » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:09 am

Igovernor wrote:

That would mean us paying compensation to that club and with so many managers available who are currently out of a job and us (apparently) not having a pot to piss in it would seem unlikely that the club would pay compensation when they don't have to.
davids

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:25 pm

davids wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

That would mean us paying compensation to that club and with so many managers available who are currently out of a job and us (apparently) not having a pot to piss in it would seem unlikely that the club would pay compensation when they don't have to.

Never know as compensation is always negotiated and if it's a young up and coming manager is he on massive wages in 1st place? In fact mayb cheaper than say wilder will be money can always be found if it's nessasary thats for sure..
pembroke allan

Postby Welsh Exile » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:38 pm

Personally i would go all out for Wilder and I wouldn’t wait 3 games either.

His pedigree and track record of working with no budget is a perfect fit for us, he plays the sort of football many have been craving for, and gets bang average players playing much better.

However due to the 3 game statement I don’t actually think the board wants him - probably to expensive ??
Welsh Exile

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:58 pm

Welsh Exile wrote:Personally i would go all out for Wilder and I wouldn’t wait 3 games either.

His pedigree and track record of working with no budget is a perfect fit for us, he plays the sort of football many have been craving for, and gets bang average players playing much better.

However due to the 3 game statement I don’t actually think the board wants him - probably to expensive ??

Could be a reason for the wait on Wilders side not clubs? But looking at fixtures we had 6 winnable games starting with boro if got a manager in 3 games ago? that omission could be very costly ... but presume tan knew MM was going after boro regardless of result why wasnt a replacement sounded out or named even ..... but just have to wait and speculate.
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:46 pm

With Jody Morris rapidly closing in on the betting, would that be such a bad thing?

Tenuous history apart, he has a positive coaching reputation and seems to be rated highly

Could he make the next step up?
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby castleblue » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:10 pm

Watching the game at Old Trafford seems to me OGS will become available pretty soon now.

Possible double helping of cream coming up for Mehmet. :shock:

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby rumpo kid » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:43 pm

Good if Jody Morris comes in.. quite refreshing
rumpo kid

Re: LATEST ODDS " NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby New Day Rising » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:51 pm

wez1927 wrote:One man for the job

Why not, as we can see from the photo he has a keen eye for talent.
New Day Rising

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:04 pm

castleblue wrote:Watching the game at Old Trafford seems to me OGS will become available pretty soon now.

Possible double helping of cream coming up for Mehmet. :shock:

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Nah not good enough.. :mrgreen:
pembroke allan

Postby Crayfish » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:38 pm

Sven wrote:With Jody Morris rapidly closing in on the betting, would that be such a bad thing?

Tenuous history apart, he has a positive coaching reputation and seems to be rated highly

Who knows? He is obviously a good coach but that doesn't mean he would be a good manager, look at Trolope Would much prefer Wilder as we know he is a good manager.
Crayfish

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:27 pm

Crayfish wrote:
Sven wrote:With Jody Morris rapidly closing in on the betting, would that be such a bad thing?

Who knows? He is obviously a good coach but that doesn't mean he would be a good manager, look at Trolope Would much prefer Wilder as we know he is a good manager.

Agree, that's the problem inded but only one way to find out with him and/or anyone else

Sometimes (and this is my worry) a coach/manager can 'fall into' a good squad of players and look the part; or they can inherit a poor bunch and no budget that will make him look poor quickly

I feel our squad is far better than its current form and can be 'coached' to safety (at least) but I wouldn't want the pressure of being responsible for making that decision right now

Some of our (so called) supporters are already building up a portfolio of "I told you so...!" posts that just need a name (any name) added to... :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Nin Ian » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:07 pm

GaerBlue wrote:

Who’s going to pay Luton the compensation? Because it’s certainly not going to be our board.

No worries, we can tell them we will pay them later Then when they demand payment, take them to court (assuring the fans that we will put the money safely to one side) claiming that it must have been obvious that we never really intended to pay or were liable for the debt. Bound to work.
Nin Ian

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:16 pm

Nin Ian wrote:
GaerBlue wrote:

No worries, we can tell them we will pay them later Then when they demand payment, take them to court (assuring the fans that we will put the money safely to one side) claiming that it must have been obvious that we never really intended to pay or were liable for the debt. Bound to work.

That's pretty crass and not a reflection of what is really happening at the club...

The club (or its owners) are defending themselves in legal matters that they and their considerably knowledgeable legal team feel they can defend

What woukd you do in their position?

Roll over or fight for your interests?
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:44 pm

Sven wrote:
Nin Ian wrote:
GaerBlue wrote:

That's pretty crass and not a reflection of what is really happening at the club...

The club (or its owners) are defending themselves in legal matters that they and their considerably knowledgeable legal team feel they can defend

They do say sarcasm is lowest form of humor ? But in this case just a very poor attempt at slagging off club by some random poster. .. :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby Nin Ian » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:22 pm

Sven wrote:
Nin Ian wrote:
GaerBlue wrote:

I would hope that I would have had the common sense and knowledge to avoid getting into that situation not just once but apparently three times.
Nin Ian

Postby Nin Ian » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
Nin Ian wrote:
GaerBlue wrote:

They do say sarcasm is lowest form of humor ? But in this case just a very poor attempt at slagging off club by some random poster. .. :roll:

Hardly slagging off the club,(that is being done far better by many on here unfortunately) just a sarcastically humourous way of responding to a topical post.
Nin Ian

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:45 pm

Nin Ian wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
Nin Ian wrote:
GaerBlue wrote:

Hardly slagging off the club,(that is being done far better by many on here unfortunately) just a sarcastically humourous way of responding to a topical post.

What? It's 'funny' to make it up as you go along? :shock:

Nothing sarcastic about your post; just crass and a cheap shot to boot :roll:
Sven

Postby wez1927 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:14 pm

Latest odds
Attachments
Screenshot_20211024-221403_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211024-221403_Chrome.jpg (366.94 KiB) Viewed 5655 times
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:16 pm

Sven wrote:
Nin Ian wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
Nin Ian wrote:
GaerBlue wrote:

What? It's 'funny' to make it up as you go along? :shock:

Nothing sarcastic about your post; just crass and a cheap shot to boot :roll:

Mmmm wonder what name use next to post so called sarcastic humour? :laughing5:
pembroke allan

PreviousNext

Return to Gambler's Den