Even MICK must realise?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Even MICK must realise?

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:14 am

That after 8 defeats in our last 9 games, 6 defeats in a row and only one goal in our last 6 games from a defender Morrison that he has to totally change his tactics ??

Plus 2nd worst defence in the Championship.

Mick is a very experienced manager , but he is also very stubborn, but surely he can see where he is going wrong?
Attachments
EFFE73C3-A7C6-4D25-87C5-3395932A4866.jpeg
EFFE73C3-A7C6-4D25-87C5-3395932A4866.jpeg (99.5 KiB) Viewed 5796 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Even MICK must realise?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Even MICK must realise

Postby caerblue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:18 am

He changed for the reading game,loads saying best performance for ages,better to watch and a game we should have won,my question is why did he change back for the Swansea game?,the only person that thinks 5 centre backs works is mick,I get the feeling he wants the sack,nobody with his experience should be setting up like that
caerblue

Re: Even MICK must realise?

Postby Scoularite » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:24 am

by Forever Blue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:14 am

That after 8 defeats in our last 9 games, 6 defeats in a row and only one goal in our last 6 games from a defender Morrison that he has to totally change his tactics ??

Mick is a very experienced manager , but he is also very stubborn, but surely he can see where he is going wrong?

You'd think that with 5 centre backs plus our defensive midfield, scoring against us would be like trying to get into Fort Knox!

It's suddenly become an absolute shambles.
Scoularite

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:31 am

caerblue wrote:He changed for the reading game,loads saying best performance for ages,better to watch and a game we should have won,my question is why did he change back for the Swansea game?,the only person that thinks 5 centre backs works is mick,I get the feeling he wants the sack,nobody with his experience should be setting up like that

Absolutely right.

This squad is easily top 10, it's the bizarre team selections that's killing us right now, and losing the players in the process.

If McCarthy was playing the best team and formation and still not getting results I'd be a bit more sympathetic with him but nobody in their right mind would think that 5 centre backs is going to work in any league, otherwise everyone would do it !!!!

My heart sank when the team notification came through at 11.00am on Sunday morning and I turned to my daughter and said "We'll be lucky to keep it to 3-0". I'm no footballing genius but that was blindingly obvious, especially as he'd already tried it against WBA :?

McCarthy is beginning to make OGS look like a tactical genius :roll: :shock:
piledriver64

Postby GaerBlue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:04 am

piledriver64 wrote:
caerblue wrote:He changed for the reading game,loads saying best performance for ages,better to watch and a game we should have won,my question is why did he change back for the Swansea game?,the only person that thinks 5 centre backs works is mick,I get the feeling he wants the sack,nobody with his experience should be setting up like that

Absolutely right.

This squad is easily top 10, it's the bizarre team selections that's killing us right now

I’m really not sure if this squad is top 10. We have a distinct lack of pace in the side, any exciting youngster we have isn’t getting the game time they need and more importantly, in a system that will thrive. It’s all good playing Colwill and Harris but when they are asked to play left and right wing back then there really is no point at all. Kieran Evans seems like he could be one of the most technically gifted players to come through our youth in a long time. If there is a time to blood him then it’s now. If we are playing 4/5 giants every game, then at least have someone who can put it on their head.

I’d get Morison in charge, bring through the likes of Zimba, Patten, Connolly etc…. Who he knows well and who will run through a brick wall for him as he gave them their chance.

Why do our club make it so difficult
GaerBlue

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:47 am

piledriver64 wrote:
This squad is easily top 10,

Add League One to that and I would agree with you.

For me we have watered down our squad too much and that is the reason we are on our way to League one.
Bakedalasker

Postby Bluebird For Life » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:23 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

For me we have watered down our squad too much and that is the reason we are on our way to League one.

Agree 100% with that. We have got rid of any quality and creativity we did have and are now asking too much of the youngsters coming in.
Bluebird For Life

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:29 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

If this was any other season I would be thinking along the same lines as you, but having seen Bournemouth, WBA, etc., I really don't think there is much strength throughout the division.

WBA were absolutely awful for about 50-60mins of the game against us. Bournemouth beat us 1-0 and McCarthy was already playing 4 centre backs, little did me know that was just the warm up for things to come :roll: :lol:

You have to wonder whether all clubs, with the exception of Fulham, have had to pull their belts in and just consolidate this season.

That's why I say top 10. I may be proved wrong but I would be astounded if things didn't pick up pretty quickly once the manager/tactics change.
piledriver64

Postby bluebird04 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:46 am

i don't think he really "wants" to be sacked. i do think he probably is aware we have no creativity and little chance of scoring, and is setting us up really defensively in the hopes we can keep a clean sheet and maybe nick a goal
bluebird04

Postby Escott1927 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:That after 8 defeats in our last 9 games, 6 defeats in a row and only one goal in our last 6 games from a defender Morrison that he has to totally change his tactics ??

Even someone with very little footballing knowledge can see where it is going wrong so mick must be able to see it as well. Changing it would be admitting he is wrong though. His stubbornness is going to send us down. Really don't expect him to change much for Wednesday either.
Escott1927

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:55 am

bluebird04 wrote:i don't think he really "wants" to be sacked. i do think he probably is aware we have no creativity and little chance of scoring, and is setting us up really defensively in the hopes we can keep a clean sheet and maybe nick a goal

It's all about money, if he's sacked we have to pay up the terms of his contract, if he resigns he walks away with nothing or, at best, a negotiated settlement.
piledriver64

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:19 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

I second that Ian :thumbright:

This is Never a top 10 squad it’s full of freebies and rejects and players from other Accademies.

We have a few quality players and much weaker than last seasons.

The league table never lies or the results.

Yes Mick plays dire football , but he knows deep down the quality is not their and after saying what Dalman wanted him to say for two months , Mick actually said the truth two weeks ago.

I would love someone to name me 11 Quality Championship players in our current squad?

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby RICK+CCFC » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

This is Never a top 10 squad it’s full of freebies and rejects and players from other Accademies.

Yes Mick plays dire football , but he knows deep down the quality is not their and after saying what Dalman wanted him to say for two months , Mick actually said the truth two weeks ago.

I would love someone to name me 11 Quality Championship players in our current squad?

I third this. This is easily the worst squad of players that we have had since we returned back to the Championship, nearly twenty years ago. Correct me if Im wrong, but Im sure that I recall somewhere in the mist of my memory, Vincent Tan once saying publicly that he would leave Cardiff City in a better position than what he started with???
RICK+CCFC

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:56 am

Scoularite wrote:
by Forever Blue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:14 am

You'd think that with 5 centre backs plus our defensive midfield, scoring against us would be like trying to get into Fort Knox!

It's suddenly become an absolute shambles.

The problem arises from having to open up to chase a game with that same back 5 and with no real creative players to supply either Giles or Keiffer (who seems to be playing on the wing more than centre)

Our passing is abysmal at the minute and way too often we are opened uo down the middle, allowing average teams/players to score wjat look like worldy's

I can't remember a time that a Bluebird defence let in so many candidates for 'Goal of the Season' (WBA's being the best)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:47 pm

This is not a first team that should struggle in this division:

Smithies

Ng - McGuiness - Flint - Bagan

Bacuna - Pack - Vaulks

Giles - Colwill

Moore

Subs from:

Phillips
Sang
Morrison
Nelson
Ralls
Harris
Brown
Bowen
Collins
Patten

There are other permutations that would be of a similar standard, so we can all criticise he squad as much as we like but, in my opinion, a half decent manager would be able to out a competitive first team pretty easily. McCarthy has simply lost the plot.
piledriver64

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:06 pm

piledriver64 wrote:This is not a first team that should struggle in this division:

Smithies :thumbright:

Ng This season done nothing - MCGuiness Def need to much more of him- Flint ok, but very slow - Bagan very very early stages

Bacuna - Pack - Vaulks

Bacuna NO messes up to - Pack average - Vaulks average but can do a the job

Giles - Colwill

Giles excellent- Colwill looking good but not ready for week in week out

Moore Excellent

Subs from:

Phillips ok

Sang No

Morrison getting to slow and injury prone

Nelson No

Ralls Good

Harris Def No Lower league

Brown lower league

Bowen just beginning

Collins Way past his sell by date

Patten hmmmm

There are other permutations that would be of a similar standard, so we can all criticise he squad as much as we like but, in my opinion, a half decent manager would be able to out a competitive first team pretty easily. McCarthy has simply lost the plot.

WE ARE IN RELEGATION FIGHT / LOST 8 OUT OF OUR LAST 9 GAMES & THEY HAVE ALL BEEN PLAYING

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Annis, we have talked about this and both of us agreed we will be safe. Since that talk, before Coventry should I add, I have throw that out of the window. I can those clubs getting deductions but that's not going to help us that much.
Bakedalasker

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:21 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Annis, we have talked about this and both of us agreed we will be safe. Since that talk, before Coventry should I add, I have throw that out of the window. I can those clubs getting deductions but that's not going to help us that much.

Ian,

I agree if we don’t start winning at least now and again, but surely we will beat some teams???? :lol:

On a serious note, when we did mediocre after 6 games I said they were the easy games against struggling weak teams and got shot down by the usual posters , got told being negative.

It was there to be seen this was a week squad from day one.

Media Wales / Glen Willians hyped up the players and I told him back then he was wrong, but he did what he was told to do.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:This is not a first team that should struggle in this division:

Ng This season done nothing - MCGuiness Def need to much more of him- Flint ok, but very slow - Bagan very very early stages

Bacuna - Pack - Vaulks

Giles - Colwill

Moore Excellent

Subs from:

Phillips ok

Sang No

Nelson No

Ralls Good

Brown lower league

Bowen just beginning

Patten hmmmm

WE ARE IN RELEGATION FIGHT / LOST 8 OUT OF OUR LAST 9 GAMES & THEY HAVE ALL BEEN PLAYING

Not in a formation that stands a chance of succeeding they haven't !!

McGuinness played as full back, Bacuna as number 10, Colwill might not be ready to start every game but he's certainly not going to learn coming on when we're 2-3 nil down !!

What McCarthy has done is just pick, what he perceives to be, the best 11 players rather than have any balance in the line-up.

Until somebody takes that approach we will struggle, of that there is no doubt and that's one thing we can agree on.
piledriver64

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:28 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Bacuna - Pack - Vaulks

Giles - Colwill

Moore Excellent

Subs from:

Phillips ok

Sang No

Nelson No

Ralls Good

Brown lower league

Bowen just beginning

Patten hmmmm

Not in a formation that stands a chance of succeeding they haven't !!

McGuinness played as full back, Bacuna as number 10, Colwill might not be ready to start every game but he's certainly not going to learn coming on when we're 2-3 nil down !!

What McCarthy has done is just pick, what he perceives to be, the best 11 players rather than have any balance in the line-up.

Until somebody takes that approach we will struggle, of that there is no doubt and that's one thing we can agree on.

I do agree Mick is playing a formation that is shocking and his football is as well.

I just said this to Ian, And I stand by it and I believe without strengthening We will struggle even with a new manager.

A better manager maybe we would end up 12-15 with this exact squad.

To many unproven players and some past it.

I sadly have been proven right since I said it in July.

When we did mediocre after 6 games I said they were the easy games against struggling weak teams and got shot down by the usual posters , got told being negative.

It was there to be seen this was a week squad from day one.

Media Wales / Glen Willians hyped up the players and I told him back then he was wrong, but he did what he was told to do.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:41 pm

Well , hopefully, we’ll soon see how good this squad is under a new manager !!

If McCarthy plays 5 centre backs tomorrow he’ll have to go because I think dementia will have set in !!
piledriver64

Postby stickywicket » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:01 pm

If MM picks the same back 5 he should be sacked before kick off
stickywicket

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:06 pm

stickywicket wrote:If MM picks the same back 5 he should be sacked before kick off

:thumbup:
piledriver64

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Annis two clubs Bournemouth and Sheffield United both gained promotion to premier league with no championship players but lower league and youngsters in team at start of challenge.....it was team work and the managers that did it! Not saying our squad is full of championship quality players but a decent manager can get far more out of this squad that's for sure not top 6 maybe but certainly safely in middle of league..
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat