Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Online Abuse

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:26 am

We have clubs and players preaching about online abuse etc and you get Patterson and Martin doing the swim away....it has to work both ways surely

Re: Online Abuse

Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:19 am

I think they both out of order.. the swim away is an actual hooligan gesture.. whilst the ayatollah is not.
Patterson should be spoken to by Weak FA along with Martin... they both obviously haven’t got a clue .

Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:23 am

Incite the crowd then would be the first ones criticising city fans trying to get at them

Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:46 am

What a load of bollocks, why did none of of our players do anything about it?, Just because those JB's players have a rapport with their fans and our players really do not give a toss. Fecking joke, let them have their moment in the spotlight

Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:05 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:What a load of bollocks, why did none of of our players do anything about it?, Just because those JB's players have a rapport with their fans and our players really do not give a toss. Fecking joke, let them have their moment in the spotlight

no not having that.. it’s ‘incitement’..
if fans had reacted then police would of arrested the supporters...
there are lines that players and especially managers can’t cross.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:18 am

Bonner wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:What a load of bollocks, why did none of of our players do anything about it?, Just because those JB's players have a rapport with their fans and our players really do not give a toss. Fecking joke, let them have their moment in the spotlight

And you've condemned 'Hymns and Arias' song???? :?:

Can't find that anywhere and that's in even worse taste

I dislike the sychophantic 'Jack' support but incitement?

Really?

Just them getting a 'rise' whilst on a scoring high

Other teams players have done similar, including Chris Gunter, and the bulk of our support would be in raptures if any of our players showed such camaraderie with our own

They got the result, they got the upper hand and they got the bragging rights until the next game, as distasteful as that is

Thankfully, we had a relatively quiet night on here, as their fairweather ne'er-do-wells stayed away

Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:31 am

On another note, I noticed on two occasions blokes drinking alcohol in the background of Gabbiddon giving his pre match comments.
Looked like it was in the sponsors / posh seats.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:21 pm

Didn’t bother me in the slightest. I’d be embarrassed to celebrate chasing a handful of teenagers into the sea after eWe spent a full day taking the absolute piss in their town.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:13 pm

Sven wrote:
Bonner wrote:

And you've condemned 'Hymns and Arias' song???? :?:

Can't find that anywhere and that's in even worse taste

I dislike the sychophantic 'Jack' support but incitement?

Really?

Just them getting a 'rise' whilst on a scoring high

Other teams players have done similar, including Chris Gunter, and the bulk of our support would be in raptures if any of our players showed such camaraderie with our own

They got the result, they got the upper hand and they got the bragging rights until the next game, as distasteful as that is

Thankfully, we had a relatively quiet night on here, as their fairweather ne'er-do-wells stayed away

Spot on Sven.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:07 pm

Bonner wrote:

Why is it incitement? we're any of our supporters there when the actual swim away incident happened? It's just banter. PC brigade will eventually destroy the match day experience.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:38 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:
Bonner wrote:

Why is it incitement? we're any of our supporters there when the actual swim away incident happened? It's just banter. PC brigade will eventually destroy the match day experience.

Sadly, you're right... :cry:

Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:04 am

I honestly have no issues with him doing the swim away stuff.

Childish maybe, but it didn't incite a riot and was just banter.

I think if we were honest, we would all love it if a city player made a similar gesture after scoring against them lot.

It's certainly not the same as online abuse as it wasn't directed at one person in particular, their colour or background.

And honestly, we have enough fecking problems with our own club to worry about a little bit of childish banter.

Let em have their day and hope we are able to get ourselves sorted out for the return fixture.

Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:18 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:I honestly have no issues with him doing the swim away stuff.

Childish maybe, but it didn't incite a riot and was just banter.

I think if we were honest, we would all love it if a city player made a similar gesture after scoring against them lot.

It's certainly not the same as online abuse as it wasn't directed at one person in particular, their colour or background.

And honestly, we have enough fecking problems with our own club to worry about a little bit of childish banter.

Let em have their day and hope we are able to get ourselves sorted out for the return fixture.

Agreed they are still way behind us in the number of wins we have against them, and it is their FA cup final!

it's understandable small time young players become indoctrinated into very childish celebrations when they score in such an important game for their fans, it's a really big deal for them, let them have their two mins of fun :thumbup: