Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

YES THATS FIVE: “ Cardiff City Today / Mick McCarthy “

Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:29 am

UPDATED:

YES THATS FIVE WINS IN A ROW FOR THE CCFC U23’S :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Five games / Five wins :bluebird: :bluebird:

This squad of players are 17,18 & 19 years old and the real future :bluebird: :bluebird:

Forward Chanka Zimba Scores again :bluebird:

Zimba released by Blackburn last year, now showing that they made a bog mistake :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

U23 | The #Bluebirds host @MillwallFC at @CDFSportsCampus this afternoon!

1pm kick off

Mick McCarthy for the second time in the last week Mick is attending the U23 game intent on bringing a couple of players in to his squad.
He has brought 10 from last seasons in the first team squad.

This U23’S is really full of talent :thumbright: :bluebird: mainly 17,18 & 19 year olds in their first spell in the U23’S.

Played 4 games Won 4 :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY U23’S 2 MILLWALL U23’S 0 :bluebird: :bluebird:
H-T 1-0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Cardiff City Today / Mick McCarthy “

Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:30 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: “ CARDIFF CITY’S U23’S 2021-22 “ :bluebird: :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY U23’S 1 WIGAN U23’S 0 :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY U23’S 3 PETERBOROUGH U23’S 1 :bluebird: :bluebird:

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY U23’S 0 CARDIFF CITY U23’S 3 :bluebird: :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY U23’S 2 SHEFFIELD UNITRD U23’S 0 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY U23’S 2 MILLWALL U23’S 0 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:37 am

The main player to watch out for is Forward Chanka Zimba who has a contract with the Bluebirds till June 2024 after being released by Blackburn Rovers.

The 19-year-old since joining for the Bluebirds less than a year ago has been on fire and scoring goals for fun :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mick McCarthy has been more than impressed with Zumba
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:48 am

Clan Ashford is another to keep an eye on.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:50 am

theclaw wrote:Clan Ashford is another to keep an eye on.

Agreed :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:21 am

Team Named: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:50 am

Problem is its a huge jump up in class

Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The main player to watch out for is Forward Chanka Zimba who has a contract with the Bluebirds till June 2024 after being released by Blackburn Rovers.

The 19-year-old since joining for the Bluebirds less than a year ago has been on fire and scoring goals for fun :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Now there is something we can agree no Annis Zimba is a player we are crying out for! I would promote him without any haste to the first team squad. He would be an amazing impact sub.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:06 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The main player to watch out for is Forward Chanka Zimba who has a contract with the Bluebirds till June 2024 after being released by Blackburn Rovers.

Now there is something we can agree no Annis Zimba is a player we are crying out for! I would promote him without any haste to the first team squad. He would be an amazing impact sub.

Yes, he looks a handful, I can see him playing alongside Moore.

The other one I was impressed with last week was Patten, so I'll be interested to see how he goes today.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:16 pm

So close for City! @KieronEvansx strikes well from Tavio D'Almeida's low cross, but the 'keeper is able to save well. (0-0)

Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:17 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Tony :thumbright:

I hear no later than January he will be in our first team squad :bluebird:

Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:17 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Problem is its a huge jump up in class

That’s why I agree we should wait till at least January :bluebird:

Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:24 pm

GOAL!!! :bluebird:

@ChankaZimba puts the #Bluebirds ahead with a lovely left-footed strike! (1-0) :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:33 pm

Can't help but be impressed with the way Steve Morrison has the U23s set-up and playing.

Maybe someone to watch for the future. Certainly the best thing Harris did for the club was giving him the U23 job.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:38 pm

H-T 1-0 :bluebird:

Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:GOAL!!! :bluebird:

@ChankaZimba puts the #Bluebirds ahead with a lovely left-footed strike! (1-0) :bluebird: :bluebird:

I agree that it is a big jump but I also think that sometimes someone comes along whose a natural finisher - Earnie springs to mind. Not sure he’d fit our style but maybe worth a place on bench very soon.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:40 pm

@isaakdavies77 DOUBLES THE LEAD!!!

The forward is on hand to slot home coolly from a well-weighted through ball! (2-0) :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:39 pm

U23 | The #Bluebirds continue their winning start to the 2021/22 campaign with a commanding home victory over @MillwallFC! :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Re: YES THATS FIVE: “ Cardiff City Today / Mick McCarthy “

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:11 pm

Great to see :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:15 pm

The first goal is fantastic - movement, passing, pace and a really great finish. That came after 10 mins + of pulling Millwall all over the place.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:20 pm

Replies FB:

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:21 pm

Table: :bluebird:

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:47 pm

This was Neil Harris' plan all along so wish MM wouldn't go on about how he has introduced youth, still think it was a shame the way it ended with NH, injuries didn't help and from what I was told certain older players were not impressed with the extra training.
We shall never know but at least he got SM in place and at long last there's a pathway for our youth not as previously seen with managers just paying over the odds for journey men and ex players.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:00 pm

JulesK wrote:This was Neil Harris' plan all along so wish MM wouldn't go on about how he has introduced youth, still think it was a shame the way it ended with NH, injuries didn't help and from what I was told certain older players were not impressed with the extra training.
We shall never know but at least he got SM in place and at long last there's a pathway for our youth not as previously seen with managers just paying over the odds for journey men and ex players.

As much as Harris for me did my head in with his press conferences, I do believe he really believed in this.
For me Mick has been forced to do this .

But Harris was on course for relegation, that was the problem, he had lost all the older players listening to him.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:41 pm

This under 23 side and the 5 subs
Are all actually under 21
2 =17 yr olds 4 =18.yr olds 4 =19yr olds
5 =20 yr olds 1=21yr old
From about 16 onwards they all play above there age group

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:52 pm

When our front three of Harris Collins and Moore have scored one goal in 9 games between them how much of a risk can it be playing a nineteen year old from the youth team who is scoring freely. I would have thought the risk is continuing with Collins and Harris in their current form. For gods sake Harris isn't really a forward and has a record of one goal every 8 games for Wrexham Newpot and Cardiff and none at all in 6 games for Port Vale. Collins has none all season.

Be bold try Moore and Simba up front with Giles a bit of youth and pace surrounding a good centre forward.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:11 am

troobloo3339 wrote:This under 23 side and the 5 subs
Are all actually under 21
2 =17 yr olds 4 =18.yr olds 4 =19yr olds
5 =20 yr olds 1=21yr old
From about 16 onwards they all play above there age group

Steve,

That’s exactly how a U23’s squad shoukd be and then put players in returning from injury etc :thumbright: :bluebird:

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:12 am

Crayfish wrote:When our front three of Harris Collins and Moore have scored one goal in 9 games between them how much of a risk can it be playing a nineteen year old from the youth team who is scoring freely. I would have thought the risk is continuing with Collins and Harris in their current form. For gods sake Harris isn't really a forward and has a record of one goal every 8 games for Wrexham Newpot and Cardiff and none at all in 6 games for Port Vale. Collins has none all season.

Be bold try Moore and Simba up front with Giles a bit of youth and pace surrounding a good centre forward.

100% I would put Zimba in the first team squad :thumbright: :bluebird: