BREAKING " SUPER LEAGUE OFF / CLUB OFFICIALS RESIGN "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " European Super League has been confirmed "

Postby skidemin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:40 pm

Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:Admittedly I haven’t read all the above. A major reason voting in support of Brexit was my disagreement of Brussels having an undue influence on how the UK is run. Similarly I don’t feel that football club owners dwelling overseas with interests only in profit and not in the history of the clubs they own should potentially decimate the beautiful game without a thought to the generations who do and have followed their teams - all just because they are in search of ever more money.

These people can go and do one - using vulgarity which I apologise for.

their plans are what are vulgar... sh@t on evetone else to go off and earn zillions is bad enough but wanting to also play in the premier league against those covered in their sh@t is just taking the P...
skidemin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby jimmy_rat » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:42 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:This is it, this really is the fight. Globalist elites vs fat lazy corrupt officials vs the fans

This isn't going to end well. They are betting the lazy corruptable officials will buckle at the thought of losing them from their domestic league, but they have to be very publically knocked down and watch their stock price wilt. They need to be removed from Eufa and domestic competitions ASAP and let them go totally alone.

Do they need 3 franchises in London with 2 in Machester and Madrid ?

Man united and Real are the most global and easiest to sell in Asia. Does anyone care about Citeh ? They barely fill their stadium now.

If Klopp says he is leaving the Fenway stock diminishes. The attending Man u fans hate the glaziers so any "real" man u fan will not subscribe to the new super league as it is not Man U......

Hopefully this is the battle the fans didn't start but end up picking the winners....

They won't be playing in their stadiums. In 10 years their 'home' games will be in Asia and America.

Absolutely, If Jacksonville are finding a reason to head to London in the NFL there is no reason why United and real are not the hharlem globetrotter in the exhibition league

It's gonna happen. I genuinely feel sorry for the fans of these clubs. Even Liverpool

Within 10 years those clubs won't exist. They'll be franchises. Only link to their past will be the colours they play in, maybe the name. But do they need 3 in London, 2 in Manchester, etc. They'll be interchangeable. Like NFL. They'll move to the 'fans' and the money.
jimmy_rat

Postby A Quiet Monkfish » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:52 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:This is it, this really is the fight. Globalist elites vs fat lazy corrupt officials vs the fans

This isn't going to end well. They are betting the lazy corruptable officials will buckle at the thought of losing them from their domestic league, but they have to be very publically knocked down and watch their stock price wilt. They need to be removed from Eufa and domestic competitions ASAP and let them go totally alone.

Man united and Real are the most global and easiest to sell in Asia. Does anyone care about Citeh ? They barely fill their stadium now.

If Klopp says he is leaving the Fenway stock diminishes. The attending Man u fans hate the glaziers so any "real" man u fan will not subscribe to the new super league as it is not Man U......

Hopefully this is the battle the fans didn't start but end up picking the winners....

They won't be playing in their stadiums. In 10 years their 'home' games will be in Asia and America.

Absolutely, If Jacksonville are finding a reason to head to London in the NFL there is no reason why United and real are not the hharlem globetrotter in the exhibition league

It's gonna happen. I genuinely feel sorry for the fans of these clubs. Even Liverpool

Within 10 years those clubs won't exist. They'll be franchises. Only link to their past will be the colours they play in, maybe the name. But do they need 3 in London, 2 in Manchester, etc. They'll be interchangeable. Like NFL. They'll move to the 'fans' and the money.

If that happens it'll be the ultimate irony
A Quiet Monkfish

Postby skidemin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:04 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

how
skidemin

Postby Borders Blue » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:11 pm

I wonder whether they would have announced this if fans had been in stadia? For these morons, fans are not at all necessary; they can make enormous profits without them. In fact, for these people, fans are an inconvenience - just like we were for VT when he changed the colour of our hearts. But I think they have underestimated our feelings; our sense of what football is about - especially competition. This is OUR game and I think that this move will be universally rejected by nearly all football fans, even those whose clubs (i.e. the Owners of clubs) are willing to participate in it. Of course, the morons don't care what we think; yet they care about our capacity to oppose them - and we have that capacity, if we chose to use it. I'm confident that there are enough good football people out there - even among the twelve - who will become embarrassed by this after the fan backlash is expressed fully.
Borders Blue

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:25 pm

Sky have called in Gary Neville to join Jamie Carragher on Monday Night Football tonight.

They will be discussing the European Super League.

Should be a good watch.

It gets underway at 7pm, and Jurgen Klopp will also speak.

You catch watch it live below or watch it in full afterwards.

It will also be live on Sky Sports Main Event.

Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby skidemin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Borders Blue wrote:I wonder whether they would have announced this if fans had been in stadia? For these morons, fans are not at all necessary; they can make enormous profits without them. In fact, for these people, fans are an inconvenience - just like we were for VT when he changed the colour of our hearts. But I think they have underestimated our feelings; our sense of what football is about - especially competition. This is OUR game and I think that this move will be universally rejected by nearly all football fans, even those whose clubs (i.e. the Owners of clubs) are willing to participate in it. Of course, the morons don't care what we think; yet they care about our capacity to oppose them - and we have that capacity, if we chose to use it. I'm confident that there are enough good football people out there - even among the twelve - who will become embarrassed by this after the fan backlash is expressed fully.

Manchester United stock rose 8% on Wall Street today....unfortunately thats all they care about
skidemin

Postby EastShoreBlue » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:46 pm

skidemin wrote:
Borders Blue wrote:I wonder whether they would have announced this if fans had been in stadia? For these morons, fans are not at all necessary; they can make enormous profits without them. In fact, for these people, fans are an inconvenience - just like we were for VT when he changed the colour of our hearts. But I think they have underestimated our feelings; our sense of what football is about - especially competition. This is OUR game and I think that this move will be universally rejected by nearly all football fans, even those whose clubs (i.e. the Owners of clubs) are willing to participate in it. Of course, the morons don't care what we think; yet they care about our capacity to oppose them - and we have that capacity, if we chose to use it. I'm confident that there are enough good football people out there - even among the twelve - who will become embarrassed by this after the fan backlash is expressed fully.

Manchester United stock rose 8% on Wall Street today....unfortunately thats all they care about

Juventus' is up 17% as well
EastShoreBlue

Postby skidemin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:01 pm

EastShoreBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Juventus' is up 17% as well

would imagine all 12 clubs values have grown since Saturday...
skidemin

Postby A Quiet Monkfish » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:02 pm

skidemin wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

how

How ? Big six clubs effectively going the same way as Bury. Vanishing in all but name.
A Quiet Monkfish

Postby Canton104 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:06 pm

The cheek of these billionaire owners thinking they can buy a club and do whatever they want and the fans will do as they’re told as long as there’s a chance of some success or maybe even a free scarf.

They’ll never get away with it, never in a million years. :roll:
Canton104

Postby skidemin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:10 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
skidemin wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

how

How ? Big six clubs effectively going the same way as Bury. Vanishing in all but name.

the people behind this do no care if their clubs soon to be franchises ends up being manchester united or manhatten mavericks though...its all about the money ,wouldnt be surprised if some already have medium term plans to do that..
skidemin

Postby welshrarebit » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:06 pm

It’s in all the nations interests to kick the clubs out of their domestic leagues. They can’t realistically stop them doing this but they can prevent them playing domestic football. That will mean less revenue in the longer term for those teams (no longer clubs to me) and a tournament more akin to the Harlem globetrotters.

If that’s what they want then fine. The rest of us can have real competition and drama as we challenge to take on the might of Bayern and PSG. Maybe it will be the shot in the arms for great clubs like ajax.
Football will survive. But I fear Liverpool, Manchester’s United and city, spurts. Arsenal and Chelsea aren’t as big as they think they are.
The fans need to unite behind the rest of the football pyramid.
welshrarebit

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:13 pm

welshrarebit wrote:It’s in all the nations interests to kick the clubs out of their domestic leagues. They can’t realistically stop them doing this but they can prevent them playing domestic football. That will mean less revenue in the longer term for those teams (no longer clubs to me) and a tournament more akin to the Harlem globetrotters.

If that’s what they want then fine. The rest of us can have real competition and drama as we challenge to take on the might of Bayern and PSG. Maybe it will be the shot in the arms for great clubs like ajax.
Football will survive. But I fear Liverpool, Manchester’s United and city, spurts. Arsenal and Chelsea aren’t as big as they think they are.
The fans need to unite behind the rest of the football pyramid.

Perhaps the supporters association of these clubs should come out and say we will boycott the club and tell fans to support local clubs..
No good whingeing about history blah blah actually come out and do something useful
pembroke allan

Postby blue lagoon » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:15 pm

A picture speaks a ........
Attachments
Screenshot_20210419-201110_Twitter.jpg
Enough is enough you greedy bas...
Screenshot_20210419-201110_Twitter.jpg (643.35 KiB) Viewed 2755 times
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
blue lagoon

Postby theDelaney88 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:16 pm

Thats exactly it rarebit. If they think they're not replaceable they're having a f*cking laugh. 10 years in and we'll have new Man Utd's and Liverpools.

Moneys the only way these people will listen, so the only effective action Uefa can make is to cut off they're largest existing revenue streams.

What gets me the most is Spurs thinking they're a Super team :lol:
theDelaney88

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:17 pm

blue lagoon wrote:A picture speaks a ........

Not strictly true.

Away tickets are capped at £30.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby blue for you » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:58 pm

I genuinely fail to see why people are shocked at this, it’s been in the pipeline for years. Players on ridiculous wages for years, the money must come from somewhere. The top 6 have been financially abusing fans/lower clubs for years.
Its an extension of the biased top premier anyway.
Just because I'm paranoid it doesn't mean they're not talking about me
blue for you

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:14 pm

UEFA have said tonight:

- Speaking to their lawyers over whether they can expel Manchester City, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester United and Arsenal from this season's Champions League and Europa League.

- UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin wants them to be kicked out of UEFA competitions effective immediately.

- Premier League to hold emergency meeting tomorrow morning, with all 14 non-Super League members to be present. The so called "big six" are not invited.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:25 pm

Liverpool's captain tonight, James Milner:

"I don't like it and I hope it doesn't happen."

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:44 pm

European Super League: Ministers say they will work to block breakaway group -

The government has said it will do "whatever it takes" to prevent a breakaway European Super League involving six leading English clubs.

The PM said ministers would be working to make sure the league did not go ahead in the way being proposed.

The Duke of Cambridge also said he shared fans' concerns about "the damage it risks causing to the game we love".

The 12 founding members of the league - plus three yet to join - would be permanent and never face relegation.

The competition would have 20 teams and the other five sides would have to qualify each year for the competition, to take place midweek and rival the Champions League.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham have signed up to the plan.

They would join Spanish sides Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid and Barcelona and Italian clubs AC Milan, Juventus and Inter Milan.

Aleksander Ceferin, the president of European football's governing body, Uefa, has warned that players who play for teams in the ESL would be "banned from the World Cup and the Euros".

As opposition to the plans gathered momentum, Prince William, President of the Football Association, said in a tweet: "Now, more than ever, we must protect the entire football community - from the top level to the grassroots - and the values of competition and fairness at its core."
TopCat CCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:25 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:European Super League: Ministers say they will work to block breakaway group -

The government has said it will do "whatever it takes" to prevent a breakaway European Super League involving six leading English clubs.

The PM said ministers would be working to make sure the league did not go ahead in the way being proposed.

The Duke of Cambridge also said he shared fans' concerns about "the damage it risks causing to the game we love".

The 12 founding members of the league - plus three yet to join - would be permanent and never face relegation.

The competition would have 20 teams and the other five sides would have to qualify each year for the competition, to take place midweek and rival the Champions League.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham have signed up to the plan.

They would join Spanish sides Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid and Barcelona and Italian clubs AC Milan, Juventus and Inter Milan.

Aleksander Ceferin, the president of European football's governing body, Uefa, has warned that players who play for teams in the ESL would be "banned from the World Cup and the Euros".

As opposition to the plans gathered momentum, Prince William, President of the Football Association, said in a tweet: "Now, more than ever, we must protect the entire football community - from the top level to the grassroots - and the values of competition and fairness at its core."

One problem with their plans They say another 5 clubs will have to qualify every year well wont be from England as team would have to leave premier league so couldnt rejoin when relegated from E.S.L :roll: Guess similar thing from other countries! Instead of negotiating with then the authorities should just say stay or go no deals to be done because thats what its about to get more money to cover their losses..... pander to them and in few tears we'll be back same place with them wanting more again.
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:54 am

pembroke allan wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:European Super League: Ministers say they will work to block breakaway group -

One problem with their plans They say another 5 clubs will have to qualify every year well wont be from England as team would have to leave premier league so couldnt rejoin when relegated from E.S.L :roll: Guess similar thing from other countries! Instead of negotiating with then the authorities should just say stay or go no deals to be done because thats what its about to get more money to cover their losses..... pander to them and in few tears we'll be back same place with them wanting more again.

I thought exactly the same.

Gary Neville said earlier that he thinks that if any of the English clubs pull out, it will be Manchester City. He said that because of the vast improvements their owners have made to the west side of Manchester and for their owners it's all about positive PR.

Man City were practically forced into joining it anyway, once all the other English clubs did.

He said he can't see the Glazers at Man Utd or FSG at Liverpool walking away from it, because he thinks this is what they've always wanted.

Carragher said he thinks that if one club drops out, it will fall apart very quickly.

It seems that those behind the Super League aren't surprised by this reaction.

Maybe they think everyone will calm down and they'll be able to carry on playing in their leagues - therefore having a way to have five additional different teams in it every year.

But I can't see any of the leagues or UEFA calming down over this.

I fully expect these 12 teams to be kicked out of their domestic leagues. Because of the money they'll now have, it will be almost impossible for anyone outside of these teams to finish above them in the domestic league.

Some might say that's already the case but it's not true.

Of the six English teams, only four of them are in the top six - Spurs at 7th and Arsenal are 9th.

Premier League are well within their rights to take them out of the league.

There are two things that I think will definitely happen from next season -

- All twelve teams excluded from their domestic league

- All twelve teams excluded from the Champions League and Europa League (not that they'll care anymore)

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:58 am

Seen some people on social media not taking this as seriously as they should be.

I can not stress this enough - this whole situation is extremely serious and could leave football struggling massively in this country.

The money that's on offer for Premier League teams will fall drastically, because broadcasters will pay less money without the big teams in the league.

This will effect the finances all the way down the football pyramid.

EFL clubs had to be bailed out by Premier League clubs recently. In the future, there will be no money from the Premier League clubs to bail them out.

Investment in all football will have to be significantly reduced.

It really needs to be stopped or it'll be a disaster for the game.

Anybody who wants this to go ahead simply doesn't care about football.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:17 am

If the 6 clubs want to go and play in 'their' super league let them. The FA should respond by closing down the Premier League and starting a new competition without inviting those 6 clubs.

European countries affected by this (Spain & Italy) should do the same as should UEFA with their competitions.

It will take time but interest in the new competitions will grow domestically in Europe and eventually this will generate wealth.

Unfortunately in the short term there will be a lot of financial pain, but from what I can see it is the only way forward, due to being held hostage by the so called 6 elite clubs.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:16 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Gary Neville said earlier that he thinks that if any of the English clubs pull out, it will be Manchester City. He said that because of the vast improvements their owners have made to the west side of Manchester and for their owners it's all about positive PR.

Man City were practically forced into joining it anyway, once all the other English clubs did.

He said he can't see the Glazers at Man Utd or FSG at Liverpool walking away from it, because he thinks this is what they've always wanted.

Carragher said he thinks that if one club drops out, it will fall apart very quickly.

Maybe they think everyone will calm down and they'll be able to carry on playing in their leagues - therefore having a way to have five additional different teams in it every year.

I fully expect these 12 teams to be kicked out of their domestic leagues. Because of the money they'll now have, it will be almost impossible for anyone outside of these teams to finish above them in the domestic league.

Of the six English teams, only four of them are in the top six - Spurs at 7th and Arsenal are 9th.

- All twelve teams excluded from the Champions League and Europa League (not that they'll care anymore)

These owners are either arrogant or need to get new lawyers? They've said they'll play in domestic league as well as E.S.L but they can only do that if premier league allows them there is a rule about this so their lawyers must have skipped the page it was on! Or they think they can persuade 8 other clubs to allow them to do this? (Only need 14 clubs to approve idea) now Perez (chairman) at Barcelona saying it's going to save football? After admitting they've lost £344m alone this year
And are in massive debt in total along with the other clubs £1.4b between them...... as I've said there should be no ambiguity the authorities should tell them straight they will be kicked out of their competitions if go ahead and there will be no negotiating this... that should excersise their minds? But this is all about negotiating for more money in way of clubs being able to have their own tv deals.. . these clubs got massive rise from overseas tv rights pure and simple greed by owners who want to keep making money out of football plus Americans hate our relegation system and is not a way to make as much money as they could which they admit too, Only reason for the E.S.L is to try get leagues to stop relegation or yo have bigger slice cake as in recent big picture episode showed.
pembroke allan

Postby Jock » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:06 am

blue lagoon wrote:A picture speaks a ........

Football killed by Sky and co. There’s such a thing as too much money when a bang average player earns a million a year and the top players half a million a week. :o I hate the way the games gone and this selfish shite just compounds that.
Jock

Postby Bluebina » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:13 am

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

These owners are either arrogant or need to get new lawyers? They've said they'll play in domestic league as well as E.S.L but they can only do that if premier league allows them there is a rule about this so their lawyers must have skipped the page it was on! Or they think they can persuade 8 other clubs to allow them to do this? (Only need 14 clubs to approve idea) now Perez (chairman) at Barcelona saying it's going to save football? After admitting they've lost £344m alone this year
And are in massive debt in total along with the other clubs £1.4b between them...... as I've said there should be no ambiguity the authorities should tell them straight they will be kicked out of their competitions if go ahead and there will be no negotiating this... that should excersise their minds? But this is all about negotiating for more money in way of clubs being able to have their own tv deals.. . these clubs got massive rise from overseas tv rights pure and simple greed by owners who want to keep making money out of football plus Americans hate our relegation system and is not a way to make as much money as they could which they admit too, Only reason for the E.S.L is to try get leagues to stop relegation or yo have bigger slice cake as in recent big picture episode showed.

True fans need to boycott the games both live at the stadium and by cancelling sky or BT whoever has the rights, then join or subscribe to the rival who shows the premier league only, and go to games local still in the pyramid system.

But there will be glory hunter tools with shirts on watching them in the pubs unfortunately.

I can see phoenix clubs like Wimbledon or Salford United replacing them if they do go ahead.
Bluebina

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:21 am

Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

True fans need to boycott the games both live at the stadium and by cancelling sky or BT whoever has the rights, then join or subscribe to the rival who shows the premier league only, and go to games local still in the pyramid system.

But there will be glory hunter tools with shirts on watching them in the pubs unfortunately.

I can see phoenix clubs like Wimbledon or Salford United replacing them if they do go ahead.

Said yesterday that supporters associations should be coming out and saying that they will ask fans to boycott league action speaks louder than words same for authorities regarding bans from domestic leagues that way these clubs know what consequences are for joining E.S.L... to be these clubs are in win win situation without these sanctions and certainly authorities should not be entering negotiations about anything otherwise clubs will screw more money out of UEFA and respective leagues like already done.
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:10 pm

Boris Johnson has held talks with the Premier League and the FA today.

Said he'll do whatever it takes to stop this happening.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat