Cardiff No longer fav for Gareth Bale as things change:

Gambler's Den

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:03 pm

Gareth Bale's future has taken a potential new twist with the bookies now tipping the Wales skipper to head to MLS this summer.

The 32-year-old's future has become the source of increasingly intense speculation in recent weeks, following his departure from Real Madrid on a free transfer earlier this summer. According to SkyBet, Bale is now 8/15 on to join 'Any MLS club' this summer, with odds for previous favourites Cardiff City now drifting to 8/4.

Cardiff so far have not been able to get anywhere and Bales agent is believed to be now talking to other clubs.

Premier League duo Newcastle United and Nottingham Forest have similarly drifted to 16/1, while Getafe have still been placed among the runners and riders despite Bale himself appearing to rule out a move.

Cardiff are understood to be a genuine option for Bale this summer, with the player himself seemingly open to the idea of returning to south Wales ahead of the upcoming World Cup in Qatar.

Agent Jonathan Barnett has already admitted Bale's next move is unlikely to be driven by money. Indeed, it seems more likely his next destination will be decided with the World Cup firmly in mind.

Bale is desperate to ensure he gets the game-time needed to ensure he's at the peak of his powers for the tournament, and Cardiff clearly believe they are well placed to offer him the right environment to prepare himself.

However, there are believed to be offers from the Premier League too, while MLS has also long been mooted as a possibility.

Reports across the Atlantic even claimed Bale's representatives were speaking to DC United earlier in the summer, although this is the first time a move to the United States has been so heavily tipped by the bookies.

It's a move that would, in many ways, make sense, with the MLS season running up until October, with the MLS Cup final pencilled in for November 5 - 16 days before the start of the World Cup.

Fav: Any MLS club 8/15

Cardiff 8/4

Newcastle 16/1

Nottingham Forest 16/1

Getafe 20/1

Rangers 22/1

Tottenham 22/1

AC Milan 25/1

Aston Villa 25/1

Atletico Madrid 25/1
Attachments
71A40A63-C882-4D67-937E-EE98CE6CC7B9.jpeg
71A40A63-C882-4D67-937E-EE98CE6CC7B9.jpeg (35.49 KiB) Viewed 21272 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff No longer fav for Gareth Bale as things change:

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:08 pm

For me surely there is NO reason our board can not pull this off with Gareth Bale as it’s not about the money who he plays with till November.

I also know Bale is in the middle of buying another main property in the middle of Cardiff City Centre.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:10 pm

Maybe bookies coaxing money away from bale as it’s a certainty!?
bluebirdoct1962

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:For me surely there is NO reason our board can not pull this off with Gareth Bale as it’s not about the money who he plays with till November.

I also know Bale is in the middle of buying another main property in the middle of Cardiff City Centre.

Let's be honest, if anyone can mess this up its Tan, Dalman, Choo and their cronies.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:17 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:For me surely there is NO reason our board can not pull this off with Gareth Bale as it’s not about the money who he plays with till November.

Let's be honest, if anyone can mess this up its Tan, Dalman, Choo and their cronies.

Ned,

The three wise men worry me big time, I know Bale wants to come to Cardiff, but I do know he has quite few conditions, But it’s not money.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:20 pm

Depends where you look .Oddschecker has a mixed bag with some bookies having city as faves although the odd are lengthening.
Sneggyblubird

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Ned,

The three wise men worry me big time, I know Bale wants to come to Cardiff, but I do know he has quite few conditions, But it’s not money.

We should bend over backwards.

Even if the sponsorship money and shirt sales go to Bale, we will see an increased amount of matches on Sky, increased crowds, and better players joining us, as well as Premier League clubs favoring us in sending their players out on loan over other clubs. Not to mention the feel-good factor that we desperately need.

It even gives Tan, Choo, and Dalman an opportunity to make it look like they've done something.

All that said, bookies odds are generally based on money more than facts or reason.
JasonFowler1991

Postby GrangeEndStar » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:21 pm

I saw WOL put this out earlier. According to Oddschecker, we are still favourites and they check odds from many bookies.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Welshman in CA » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:23 pm

I'm sure he's thinking that to get as far away from Wales as he can is a good idea with the world cup approaching. :roll:

At the end of the day he will do what he wants & nothing anyone says will or should have much of a bearing on his decision.
Certainly not bookies and I doubt even Tan could have much of an impact unless he was being totally unreasonable like telling him he has to play every game.
Welshman in CA

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:04 pm

Any mls team?! That is non sensicle just because mls season stops in October doesn't mean it's a good move for him?
We all know it's not about money so what else can any mls club offer that city cannot football wise... :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:53 pm

IF it’s true and Bale actually does WANT to join us and we don’t end up signing him then the board must go ASAP. How can you miss out on an opportunity like this when the player is willing to join! Our attendances will be the lowest for years.
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby montyblue » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:03 pm

Perhaps its the agent thinking he is not doing his job if its only little cardiff where he ends up.
montyblue

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:42 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:IF it’s true and Bale actually does WANT to join us and we don’t end up signing him then the board must go ASAP. How can you miss out on an opportunity like this when the player is willing to join! Our attendances will be the lowest for years.

It's up to the player if he signs not the board!! Club could offer him the world but if GB doesnt want to sign how is that the boards fault? But saying that no matter what the reason for him not signing this board will go into meltdown blaming the club/board even the tea lady probably...
There are lots people out there that dont want city to sign him maybe this is where the story emanates from as all pointers say city is where he could end up..
pembroke allan

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:IF it’s true and Bale actually does WANT to join us and we don’t end up signing him then the board must go ASAP. How can you miss out on an opportunity like this when the player is willing to join! Our attendances will be the lowest for years.

It's up to the player if he signs not the board!! Club could offer him the world but if GB doesnt want to sign how is that the boards fault? But saying that no matter what the reason for him not signing this board will go into meltdown blaming the club/board even the tea lady probably...
There are lots people out there that dont want city to sign him maybe this is where the story emanates from as all pointers say city is where he could end up..

If you actually read my post I said “IF it’s true and Bale does actually WANT to join us”
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby gazthebluebird1 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:49 pm

City back to 1/3 clear favourites with Skybet now after drifting to 6/4 earlier.....let's all calm down and see what happens.
gazthebluebird1

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:51 pm

Quite a few agreeing with my opinion, and that's all it is, that if Bale doesnt come here, then the board havent done enough.

This is potsntially huge for the club and everybody and his dog can see the benefits footballing wise and financially.

No Bale next year, and for me, its a self centred board and one too full of their own self importance that will see us lose out.

Only my opinion though.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby nojac » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:52 pm

Isn't 8-4 really 2-1?
nojac

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:35 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

If you actually read my post I said “IF it’s true and Bale does actually WANT to join us”

Yes "if" but how do anyone know all we know
is we have a chance ? But You automatically blamed club "if" he didnt come ...... like said regardless of anything its upto him not board which is my point? Anyway we shall see but garauntee board get blame regardless of reason..
pembroke allan

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:43 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yes "if" but how do anyone know all we know
is we have a chance ? But You automatically blamed club "if" he didnt come ...... like said regardless of anything its upto him not board which is my point? Anyway we shall see but garauntee board get blame regardless of reason..

Are you misunderstanding my point? The OP said Bale WANTS to join. So IF it’s true and Bale WANTS to join us and our board don’t sign it off… Then yes, I blame the board. I can’t see how you can’t if that was the case?
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby Caerdydd12 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:19 pm

I reckon it will either be us or Newcastle
Caerdydd12

Postby Caerdydd12 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:20 pm

nojac wrote:Isn't 8-4 really 2-1?

Yes mate
Caerdydd12

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:27 pm

Caerdydd12 wrote:
nojac wrote:Isn't 8-4 really 2-1?

Yes mate

It’s come in from 6/4 not 8/4.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Floppsy » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:50 pm

The market's moved again - he's back to odds on
Floppsy

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:21 pm

He won't go to the mls
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Carpe Diem » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:45 pm

A player like Bale should be the cherry on the cake for a team in the championship, that x-factor that makes the difference. However we haven’t really got a decent cake - he’d be wasted in a team that we will be putting out, devoid of any real quality. He certainly wouldn’t play every game and likely to get kicked when he does. He should sign for a PL team.
Carpe Diem

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:53 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:A player like Bale should be the cherry on the cake for a team in the championship, that x-factor that makes the difference. However we haven’t really got a decent cake - he’d be wasted in a team that we will be putting out, devoid of any real quality. He certainly wouldn’t play every game and likely to get kicked when he does. He should sign for a PL team.

Go to who? Just to be a bit part player again... Have you not read the things regarding his next move? Money not an influence ... hes open to a move to championship .... wants regular game time he wasn't injured at real just not picked... he can easily manage Saturday and Saturday games just like in spain... why are people rubbishing him coming to city when even his agent as not ruled out a move home?
pembroke allan

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:19 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:A player like Bale should be the cherry on the cake for a team in the championship, that x-factor that makes the difference. However we haven’t really got a decent cake - he’d be wasted in a team that we will be putting out, devoid of any real quality. He certainly wouldn’t play every game and likely to get kicked when he does. He should sign for a PL team.

All this “he will get kicked or injured playing in the championship” is rubbish. He plays against the likes of Estonia, Andorra, Serbia and so on when on international duty and he deals with it just fine.
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby GrangeEndStar » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:36 pm

Floppsy wrote:The market's moved again - he's back to odds on

MLS was only from one bookie for a couple of hours. Easy cash for that bookie from mugs. All others were Bale odds on for us. WOL are looking out for these odds outliers for cheap clickbait. It will happen again too before a decision is annoucned.
GrangeEndStar

Postby Sven » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:29 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:

MLS was only from one bookie for a couple of hours. Easy cash for that bookie from mugs. All others were Bale odds on for us. WOL are looking out for these odds outliers for cheap clickbait. It will happen again too before a decision is annoucned.

Paul, you are correct; but moreover, I honestly believe that Gareth and/or his agent would have distanced themselves from us by now, if they had no intention of 'coming home' out of respect for both club and supporters

I have no quarrel with the 'he owes us nothing' brigade but I feel he wouldn't string us a long

All the indicators are that he is seriously considering us and his mate 'Rambo' could (not will) follow

We wait with more hope than we have any right to excpect... :D
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby GrangeEndStar » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:14 am

Sven wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

Paul, you are correct; but moreover, I honestly believe that Gareth and/or his agent would have distanced themselves from us by now, if they had no intention of 'coming home' out of respect for both club and supporters

I have no quarrel with the 'he owes us nothing' brigade but I feel he wouldn't string us a long

All the indicators are that he is seriously considering us and his mate 'Rambo' could (not will) follow

We wait with more hope than we have any right to excpect... :D

Spot on Chris. All the various indicators are certainly positive but as we've said on many occasions, it's never done till it's done. :thumbup:
GrangeEndStar

Next

Return to Gambler's Den