Screenshot_20220521-195608_Sky Bet.jpg (256.14 KiB) Viewed 13507 times
lockey1927

BALE ODDS CHANGE

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: BALE ODDS CHANGE

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Sat May 21, 2022 7:03 pm

Odds mostly follow the money, so whilst I would love to get even more excited by this, I want to keep my feet on the ground to avoid any disappointment.

Exciting times nonetheless!
JasonFowler1991

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sat May 21, 2022 8:02 pm

So the bookies think there's a 75% chance he'll join us. I'm liking those odds.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby pembroke allan » Sat May 21, 2022 8:04 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:Odds mostly follow the money, so whilst I would love to get even more excited by this, I want to keep my feet on the ground to avoid any disappointment.

Not enough city fans putting bets on to effect odds.. usually its people ITK who put the serious money down and that does change odds...... but the big question is why odds have changed when nothing in public domain like ssn saying something about him as changed?
pembroke allan

Postby New Day Rising » Sat May 21, 2022 8:36 pm

Spotted in Howells School perhaps?
New Day Rising

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sat May 21, 2022 8:39 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:Odds mostly follow the money, so whilst I would love to get even more excited by this, I want to keep my feet on the ground to avoid any disappointment.

Not enough city fans putting bets on to effect odds.. usually its people ITK who put the serious money down and that does change odds...... but the big question is why odds have changed when nothing in public domain like ssn saying something about him as changed?

You've answered your own question Al, some ITK must have lumped on large and the bookies will be all over this as he's so high profile. I hope they're right and it's certainly looking like a possibility from what we're hearing from a variety of sources. I may put a bet on it will be announced when we reveal the new kit and he's wearing it. I can dream.
GrangeEndStar

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat May 21, 2022 9:09 pm

Just to point out that Mbappe was 1/20 to join Real Madrid earlier this week.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Sat May 21, 2022 9:17 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Just to point out that Mbappe was 1/20 to join Real Madrid earlier this week.

Ahh ned difference is he was offered £150m to renage on his deal with real? And la liga are not happy :old:
Last edited by pembroke allan on Sat May 21, 2022 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Sat May 21, 2022 9:18 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

You've answered your own question Al, some ITK must have lumped on large and the bookies will be all over this as he's so high profile. I hope they're right and it's certainly looking like a possibility from what we're hearing from a variety of sources. I may put a bet on it will be announced when we reveal the new kit and he's wearing it. I can dream.

All fun and games.. :D
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Sat May 21, 2022 9:23 pm

All down to Daya's 'exclusive' yesterday...! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby nubbsy » Sat May 21, 2022 9:27 pm

It's pretty mad you can bet on it really considering how easy it would be to tip someone off. I mean, I definitely would for a mate....
nubbsy

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sat May 21, 2022 9:39 pm

Sven wrote:All down to Daya's 'exclusive' yesterday...! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:

:lol:
GrangeEndStar

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat May 21, 2022 10:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Just to point out that Mbappe was 1/20 to join Real Madrid earlier this week.

Ahh ned difference is he was offered £150m to renage on his deal with real? And la liga are not happy :old:

Can see their point, but it's mainly sour grapes from La Liga.

But the spending and debt from PSG is ridiculous. Guess that's what happens when you have a state country owned club.

Apparently they've also given Mbappe a say in sporting matters as well as agreeing to sell Neymar and appointing Zidane as manager. No player should have that sort of power..
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Sat May 21, 2022 10:35 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Can see their point, but it's mainly sour grapes from La Liga.

But the spending and debt from PSG is ridiculous. Guess that's what happens when you have a state country owned club.

Apparently they've also given Mbappe a say in sporting matters as well as agreeing to sell Neymar and appointing Zidane as manager. No player should have that sort of power..

Totally bonkers that a club should have hundreds of millions of £££££s in derby and still not be sanctioned for ffp.
pembroke allan

Postby New Day Rising » Sun May 22, 2022 1:38 pm

Folk struggle to pay energy bills and watch thier clubs and they bung 150 million around like confetti .

How anyone can utter the words fair play , social justice, in a sport like this Is beyond me
New Day Rising

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Sun May 22, 2022 6:22 pm

New Day Rising wrote:Folk struggle to pay energy bills and watch thier clubs and they bung 150 million around like confetti .

How anyone can utter the words fair play , social justice, in a sport like this Is beyond me

I get the sentiment but there's more nuance to it than this. These types of signings bring in profit from shirt sales alone, generally. It's all relative.

I do agree though. The money being spent in football at the moment is crazy and is mostly driven by PSG and Man City, who are owned by states. Clubs like Barcelona, Juventus etc are struggling to keep up. This is why they want the Super League, as they can't financially keep up with these clubs otherwise (I'm not in support of a Super League)
JasonFowler1991

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun May 22, 2022 6:29 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
New Day Rising wrote:Folk struggle to pay energy bills and watch thier clubs and they bung 150 million around like confetti .

I get the sentiment but there's more nuance to it than this. These types of signings bring in profit from shirt sales alone, generally. It's all relative.

I do agree though. The money being spent in football at the moment is crazy and is mostly driven by PSG and Man City, who are owned by states. Clubs like Barcelona, Juventus etc are struggling to keep up. This is why they want the Super League, as they can't financially keep up with these clubs otherwise (I'm not in support of a Super League)

Newcastle will be next as soon as they reach the Champions League, however long that takes.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Return to Gambler's Den