Total votes : 46

Re: Wales v Denmark underway " Euro 2020 topic "

Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:33 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:FT: WALES 0-4 DENMARK

DENMARK INTO THE QUARTER FINALS AND WALES ARE ELIMINATED

Can't have any complaints, the better team won.

We didn't play to our best but credit to Denmark, they were brilliant.

I'm not too disheartened. Nobody expected us to even get out of the group and this looked like one match too far.

The fact we had no plan b cost us.

Correct page changed nothing at half time but get in good manager who is not s defender we'll hi again as gone become a bad side overnight..

Called it at half time.

Need a proper international coach. Experienced. Donest have to be Welsh. It's an attractive job.

Another problem area is kieffa Moore? We need to find a formula that means we can play without him as I said before he will miss games from getting 2 yellow cards so need alternatives

Good point. But I think it's a lesser problem than a good coach on the sidelines. He didn't seem to change a thing.

He's obviously a good number 2 or 3. But out of his depth on the front line.

Can't think of any options though. So for that reason think we're stuck with page.

Re: Denmark into quarter finals / Wales out " Euro 2020 topi

Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:42 pm

Ok then. Who we all supporting now? For the tourney? Not just the obvious on Tuesday.

I'm going for Italy. Mancini is exactly the type of boss we need!

Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:45 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I'm not too disheartened. Nobody expected us to even get out of the group and this looked like one match too far.

Correct page changed nothing at half time but get in good manager who is not s defender we'll hi again as gone become a bad side overnight..

Called it at half time.

Need a proper international coach. Experienced. Donest have to be Welsh. It's an attractive job.

Another problem area is kieffa Moore? We need to find a formula that means we can play without him as I said before he will miss games from getting 2 yellow cards so need alternatives

Good point. But I think it's a lesser problem than a good coach on the sidelines. He didn't seem to change a thing.

Can't think of any options though. So for that reason think we're stuck with page.

It’s not for you or me to think about options it’s up to the FAW .
Advertise the job and see who’s interested,we both might be surprised who is.

Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:53 pm

No team will want to play Denmark,UEFA’s little love child now.
We were bad today but the official’s were dreadful :banghead:

Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:54 pm

theclaw wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Called it at half time.

Very true. I think it's an attractive job.

Seems like we always just settle though. Never fully advertise.

Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:56 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Ok then. Who we all supporting now? For the tourney? Not just the obvious on Tuesday.

Anyone playing England haha

And Holland cas I live here !

Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:59 pm

nubbsy wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Ok then. Who we all supporting now? For the tourney? Not just the obvious on Tuesday.

Anyone playing England haha

And Holland cas I live here !

Holland for now too,as I’ve tipped them :old:

Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:46 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Called it at half time.

Well we are stuck with him for world cup qualifying but that doesn't fill me with confidence! It's not just today in the other games hes managed we've started off defensively minded and relied on out star players to perform.... today started ok but he had no answer to their change of tactics.... it was a simple change that made Ramsey obsolete with that so did bale and he had no answer to it.

Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:51 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Called it at half time.

Well we are stuck with him for world cup qualifying but that doesn't fill me with confidence! It's not just today in the other games hes managed we've started off defensively minded and relied on out star players to perform.... today started ok but he had no answer to their change of tactics.... it was a simple change that made Ramsey obsolete with that so did bale and he had no answer to it.

Needs changing. We can't waste this young talent with an inexperienced manager. Today highlighted how out of his depth he is. Quite obvious we had no plan b.

Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:52 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
theclaw wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Called it at half time.

Very true. I think it's an attractive job.

Seems like we always just settle though. Never fully advertise.

its not a very well paid job mate....we just do not have the finances that the likes of England have who themselves pay nothing like premier league clubs do... its a first rung on the ladder job or maybe as with Coleman someone whose career as a manager had hit a wall...

Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:57 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Called it at half time.

Needs changing. We can't waste this young talent with an inexperienced manager. Today highlighted how out of his depth he is. Quite obvious we had no plan b.

No plan B was a glaring mistake just had him on bbc made no reference to counteracting their tactically switch even thought he mentioned it...

Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Called it at half time.

No plan B was a glaring mistake just had him on bbc made no reference to counteracting their tactically switch even thought he mentioned it...

Yea I just seen it as well during HT of the Italy game. Thought exactly the same. They switched formation/tactics to deal with us....but no reply to their change apart from fresh legs. We need more than that.

Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:27 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Called it at half time.

Yea I just seen it as well during HT of the Italy game. Thought exactly the same. They switched formation/tactics to deal with us....but no reply to their change apart from fresh legs. We need more than that.

Think it just shows a lack of tactical awareness.... Stop Ramsey u stop bale it was that simple? at halftime he should have moved Ramsey far more forward to drag his man marker back into defence where he came from in 1st place ....but we just played into their hands.... . Unfortunately cannot see page going as we've already started qualifiers... said before hes to defensive minded and that's not what we want with the talent at our disposal

Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:53 pm

Italy v Austria is going to extra time.

Finished 0-0 after 90 minutes.

Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:03 pm

Italy score four minutes into extra time.

Chiesa with the goal.

Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:06 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Called it at half time.

Think it just shows a lack of tactical awareness.... Stop Ramsey u stop bale it was that simple? at halftime he should have moved Ramsey far more forward to drag his man marker back into defence where he came from in 1st place ....but we just played into their hands.... . Unfortunately cannot see page going as we've already started qualifiers... said before hes to defensive minded and that's not what we want with the talent at our disposal

There are lots of things he could have done but did nothing in the end. Definitely a big decision to be made. Maybe page will be given the WC qualifiers? I'm hoping for change, personally. Like you say, I think he's shown he's out of depth tactically. Surely there's more experienced managers available?

Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:18 pm

[quote][ ESCOTT 1927
There are lots of things he could have done but did nothing in the end. Definitely a big decision to be made. Maybe page will be given the WC qualifiers? I'm hoping for change, personally. Like you say, I think he's shown he's out of depth tactically. Surely there's more experienced managers available?

Said previously Giggs should have stepped down when he was charged allowing FAW to get a new man in but now that's gome and page us here for WC qualifiers? But I'm sure there are decent managers out there who would take the Wales job as it is not the dead end job it use to be?

Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:24 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
[ ESCOTT 1927

Said previously Giggs should have stepped down when he was charged allowing FAW to get a new man in but now that's gome and page us here for WC qualifiers? But I'm sure there are decent managers out there who would take the Wales job as it is not the dead end job it use to be?

If Giggs goes, I'm told Bellers will be afforded the opportunity after misding out last time anyone was interviewed; always assuming he still wants it which I believe he would

Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:26 pm

Goodbye Bale and Ramsey, let's move on for the world Cup qualifying. PS don't come to Cardiff City. :bluescarf:

Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:33 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
[ ESCOTT 1927

If Giggs goes, I'm told Bellers will be afforded the opportunity after misding out last time anyone was interviewed; always assuming he still wants it which I believe he would

Chris think time as gone where giggs will resign he should have gone when charged? now FAW in limbo unless they decide to sack him which appears unlikely... think bellers be a good choice as need a progressive manager pags is not that person.

Re: Denmark & Italy through /Wales & Austria out " Euro 2020

Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:36 pm

Italy also into the quarter finals.

They've beaten Austria 2-1 after extra time and will play Portugal or Belgium in the quarter finals.

Denmark will play Holland or Czech Republic.

Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:48 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
[ ESCOTT 1927

Chris think time as gone where giggs will resign he should have gone when charged? now FAW in limbo unless they decide to sack him which appears unlikely... think bellers be a good choice as need a progressive manager pags is not that person.

Agree, Allan. Giggs will only ever think of himself after too many years of getting his own way...

He should have gone already but I guess that may send out the wrong (perceived) signal ahead of his Court appearance

Sadly, Page found to be a little short in his management :cry:

Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:06 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
[ ESCOTT 1927

Agree, Allan. Giggs will only ever think of himself after too many years of getting his own way...

He should have gone already but I guess that may send out the wrong (perceived) signal ahead of his Court appearance

Sadly, Page found to be a little short in his management :cry:

He was definitely left a bit short! Now FAW in limbo with nowhere to go but ro persevere with page? As I've said previously hea defensive minded and that is to the deprement of players like bale Ramsey and James ... my concern is page is not upto the task as only the topteam qualify that is surely going to be Belgium.......2nd place teams go into play offs with 3 teams qualifying from them..... that is a very hit or miss scenario which I'm not confident of winning...

Re: Holland v Czech Republic underway " Euro 2020 "

Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:00 pm

The first of today's two Last 16 games are underway as Holland play Czech Republic in Budapest.

The winner will play Denmark in Baku in the quarter finals.

Holland won their group and won all their games while Czech Republic finished in third in their group, picking up four points.

Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:06 pm

Holland ? You must be as old as me. :old: :old: :old:

Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:14 pm

The tempo of this game in comparison to our lack lustre performance same as italy last night so no excuses page not using the squad enough

Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:17 pm

Matthijs De Ligt sent off for the Dutch.

Pushed the ball away with his hand and Patrick Schick would have been through on goal.

Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:18 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Holland ? You must be as old as me. :old: :old: :old:

I'll always call them Holland :lol:

Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:26 pm

Czech Republic take the lead

Holes with the goal

Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:32 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Czech Republic take the lead

Holes with the goal

Awful by the keeper, either come for it and miss or don't. No good just standing there watching the ball.