" EARLY ODDS ON FAVOURITE / NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Gambler's Den

Re: " EARLY ODDS ON FAVOURITE / NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby Sneggyblubird » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:27 am

Wardy64 wrote:Looks like our club, Dalman, Choo and Tan will f**k this up again. Mick McCarthy ffs. Go and get Bellamy and get the passion, drive and play football the fans want. Not Pulis, Hughes or any of these failed managers. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :| :|

To steady the ship at this time Mick McCarthy wouldn't be a bad choice.
Sneggyblubird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby nojac » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:52 am

Its such a small market , £5 here or £5 there will make a difference.
nojac

Postby Crayfish » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:57 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Wardy64 wrote:Looks like our club, Dalman, Choo and Tan will f**k this up again. Mick McCarthy ffs. Go and get Bellamy and get the passion, drive and play football the fans want. Not Pulis, Hughes or any of these failed managers. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :| :|

To steady the ship at this time Mick McCarthy wouldn't be a bad choice.

I an see why the club would go for McCarthy he is the boring safe choice. Very experienced at this level where he has had quite a bit of success. But the safe choice isn't always the right choice,look at Sheffield Wednesday and Pulis. There must be a bit of suspicion that McCarthy is a bit past he sell by date,there iwas his dreadful spell in Cyprus and He was not rated very highly by Ipswich fans.Possibly they have a bit better regard for him now as the season after he left they were relegated and don't look like getting out of league one any time soon.

Paul Cook would still be my first choice. Another interesting choice might be Crewe manager David Artell. Got Crewe promoted last season I think as champions when they were far from favourites to go up and they are going well this season too. They have a reputation as being the best footballing side in the lower divisions. Would not say no to Mark Hughes with Mark Bowen as number two.

Craig Bellamy would certainly deliver a kick up the arse to under performing players trouble is in his case it might be a real kick up the arse followed by a punch in the nose. Our board seems to get it right half the time and wrong half the time when it comes to managers.
Crayfish

Postby Escott1927 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:37 am

Id be devasted to see mcarthy come in. Absolute fossil of a manager. Would show there is no long term plan or any sort of desire to change our style of play. We are never going to move forward if keep appointing managers like him as when he leaves we'll be right back to square 1.

This squad should be top 10, easy, and pushing for top 6. We do not need a manager to 'see out' the season to ensure safety. We need a manager who is actually capable of setting out a game plan and able to react/influence a game.

Howe is unrealistic, although I'd like to see him come in, I dont think bellamy was ever in contention. A realistic choice, for me, is cook. He is available, cheap (we are skint), used to working on a budget (we are skint), got Wigan playing decent football, Wigan were one of the inform teams second half of the season last year so he has shown he can get a squad to over perform. The only reason Wigan were relegated was because of the point deduction which was out of his hands.
Escott1927

Postby tangledupinblue » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:57 am

Please not Mick McCarthy he does my head in, another dinosaur journeyman ex defender making us difficult to beat and no more same as Slade, Warnock and Harris. picking up another pay cheque with a pay off if he fails, then onto his next club. I would rather have Mick Jagger, or Mick The Miller. Oh wait a minute he’s dead isn’t he? A dead dog that’s what my club is being run like if they make this appointment
tangledupinblue

Postby maccydee » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:17 am

Escott1927 wrote:Id be devasted to see mcarthy come in. Absolute fossil of a manager. Would show there is no long term plan or any sort of desire to change our style of play. We are never going to move forward if keep appointing managers like him as when he leaves we'll be right back to square 1.

This squad should be top 10, easy, and pushing for top 6. We do not need a manager to 'see out' the season to ensure safety. We need a manager who is actually capable of setting out a game plan and able to react/influence a game.

Howe is unrealistic, although I'd like to see him come in, I dont think bellamy was ever in contention. A realistic choice, for me, is cook. He is available, cheap (we are skint), used to working on a budget (we are skint), got Wigan playing decent football, Wigan were one of the inform teams second half of the season last year so he has shown he can get a squad to over perform. The only reason Wigan were relegated was because of the point deduction which was out of his hands.

Wigan’s form second half of the season was identical to Cardiff’s under Harris
maccydee

Postby Escott1927 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:27 am

maccydee wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:Id be devasted to see mcarthy come in. Absolute fossil of a manager. Would show there is no long term plan or any sort of desire to change our style of play. We are never going to move forward if keep appointing managers like him as when he leaves we'll be right back to square 1.

And we had a better squad.
Escott1927

Postby maccydee » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:38 am

Escott1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

And we had a better squad.

Probably right.

But that’s not what is being said.
maccydee

Previous

Return to Gambler's Den