Slade now 4-1 for the Luton job

Gambler's Den

Postby Lawnmower » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:59 pm

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/football/fo ... nt-manager

David James favourite.
Slade 2 nd favourite.

If he's 'safe' as our manager why are people putting money on him ??????
Lawnmower

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Slade now 4-1 for the Luton job

Postby Rydogsccfc » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:00 pm

Hmmmmm
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Rydogsccfc » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:09 pm

I think Saddles has put £50 on it.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:20 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:I think Saddles has put £50 on it.

:lol:

Was Slade associated with us before it became apparent he was about to be sacked by Orient?
Bakedalasker

Postby Rydogsccfc » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:21 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:I think Saddles has put £50 on it.

:lol:

Was Slade associated with us before it became apparent he was about to be sacked by Orient?

Not sure.
Rydogsccfc

Postby polo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:31 pm

You must be gutted
polo

Postby Blackwood_Bluebird » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:53 pm

I've just filled the car up! I'm ready to drive him through the night If I have too'
twitter: @bluebird_hdg

[b][color=#0000FF]Please not Trollope
Blackwood_Bluebird

Postby polo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:55 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:I've just filled the car up! I'm ready to drive him through the night If I have too'

Do you have a better car than Bethanmattsgrampy though?
polo

Postby Blackwood_Bluebird » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:57 pm

polo wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:I've just filled the car up! I'm ready to drive him through the night If I have too'

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A Sierra estate wasn't it???
twitter: @bluebird_hdg

[b][color=#0000FF]Please not Trollope
Blackwood_Bluebird

Postby polo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:00 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
polo wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A Sierra estate wasn't it???

Cortina :lol:
polo

Postby harold pinta » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:00 pm

These bookies just throw a load of names up, the usual candidates along with a couple of curve balls. At very least it gets hits on the website along with speculative fivers here and there off the punters.
harold pinta

Postby polo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:02 pm

harold pinta wrote:These bookies just throw a load of names up, the usual candidates along with a couple of curve balls. At very least it gets hits on the website along with speculative fivers here and there off the punters.

Spot on. A bookies sting I believe it's called.

Put a few rumours out via social media and get a few grand in fivers and tenners out of it.

Easy money.
polo

Postby JJBluebird98 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:08 am

I cant see slade being sacked as plans are already in place for the January transfer window, it would be incredibly odd to sack a manager after signing tony watt for £1 million and Vela £450k among other players and then appoint a new manager straight after. I am not one to get caught up in this manager situation I put my praise and criticism on the players and no one else, it is the directors and Tan to put the praise or criticism on the manager. However, what I do see is that sacking slade or any manager at this point of the season will have a negative effect on our season rather than a positive one as many presume. If we get rid of slade how long to appoint a new manager? if we were to become as slow as Swansea at appointing a new manager the January transfer window will completely bypass us with no signings, not to mention that Scott Young would be caretaker manager until one was appointed which would emulate in our season being over before the new manager even arrives. then how long would the settling in period would last with the new manager experimenting and tinkering with the squad and formation trying to figure out his best team? I think getting rid of Slade at this point of the season would be a pointless gesture to appease some of our fans. If we are going to get rid of him its best to do it at the end of the season where the new manager can have a pre season and a proper transfer window. If we are going to keep him then great we will offer him a new contract and hopefully that will be the end of it for a while at least. What I don't think is going to happen in any circumstances whatsoever is "Slade being moved upstairs" in a sort of directors role as some on here seems to suggest. For one he has no experience in that role whatsoever so there would be no value in it. Secondly, on the contrary to what some on here thinks Russell Slade is in fact a manager its been his job for 20 plus years and from what I have heard although his tactics may be questionable at times his best qualities is that he is a good man manger and works well with the players on the training ground not in a board room if Cardiff do decide to get rid of him he will just move on and manage another club.
JJBluebird98

Postby T1JMO » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:45 am

Lawnmower wrote:https://m.oddschecker.com/m/football/football-specials/luton/next-permanent-manager

David James favourite.
Slade 2 nd favourite.

If he's 'safe' as our manager why are people putting money on him ??????

PLEASE DEAR GOD!!!!!! :sladeout:
T1JMO

Postby MalagaCF » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:09 am

If Slade left, then what managers would accept £100,000 a year?
MalagaCF

Postby Lawnmower » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:18 am

harold pinta wrote:These bookies just throw a load of names up, the usual candidates along with a couple of curve balls. At very least it gets hits on the website along with speculative fivers here and there off the punters.

On top of that a small bet on something like this will change the odds quite dramatically.

However, it does seem odd that a manager still in a job , at a club 2 levels higher should be in the mix and clearly attracting bets as the odds have dropped steadily in the past few days.

Could well be absolutely nothing in it, but it's worth discussing, even if just to find out who people would consider as a replacement.

I expect Slades biggest critics to come up with the strangest suggestions - or more likely none at all, so they can slag the next one off when they don't stick to their dream world ideals.
Lawnmower

Return to Gambler's Den