Cardiff City Forum

Gambler's Den

Hoddle now 8/1!!!

Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:04 pm

There seems to be something in this lads. Interesting that there seems to be a long term friendship between Hoddle and Dalman too

Re: Hoddle now 8/1!!!

Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:05 pm

and can still get 33/1 with stan james

Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:06 pm

f**k me Adam does Hoddle work for Meerkat!

Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:07 pm

paulh_85 wrote:and can still get 33/1 with stan james

they will come down in line with the others before long I should imagine

Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:07 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:f**k me Adam does Hoddle work for Meerkat!

No but I do have £30 on him at 66/1 with betfair ;)

Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:09 pm

get your f*cking waddle on boys.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:14 pm

With all the other names mentioned on this board the last few days, he would be my number one choice, bookies here I come :ayatollah: :malky: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Military Junta wrote:

No wonder your banging on & on about him!

Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:31 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

No wonder your banging on & on about him!

What do you expect but Dalman spoke about him in the press conference not me ;)

Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:32 pm

paulh_85 wrote:and can still get 33/1 with stan james

Stan James now 14/1

Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:36 pm

I'd love Hoddle. That guy speaks pure football, has a hell of an understanding of football in other countries (meaning he probably knows some sweet players he could get on the cheap), and in truth he's probably one of my favourite pundits on TV right now.

Personally, he's the kind of appointment I'd rather see at the start of a season, as opposed to halfway through, but I've no doubt he'd quickly be able to stamp a new tactical approach on the team. And he loves Campbell, who I think would really do well from that kind of confidence in him.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:50 pm

He's Anti Welsh - no chance

Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:04 pm

Daya wrote:He's Anti Welsh - no chance

Ain't all the fruit and veg - neys anti welsh? :laughing6:

Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:31 pm

I would be well happy with him

Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:34 pm

Sorry lads as much as I would love you to be right I really can't see Hoddle coming here with a volatile owner like Tan. He's been out of management for a decade or so, if he does come back it would be to a stable club where he can start afresh. Looking down the list on oddschecker I have ruled the first ten out at least.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:01 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Sorry lads as much as I would love you to be right I really can't see Hoddle coming here with a volatile owner like Tan. He's been out of management for a decade or so, if he does come back it would be to a stable club where he can start afresh. Looking down the list on oddschecker I have ruled the first ten out at least.

If Hoddle wants back in, which he seems to judging from his comments, he hasn't got a lot of clubs to choose from mate. The top teams have all changed managers, and wouldn't take a risk on him anyway as he's not a "glamorous" appointment, so he's left pretty much with the lower half of the Premier League. And to be fair, I think except for perhaps Arsenal and Man Utd, there's no such thing as a stable club in the Premier League.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:42 pm

KWest wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Sorry lads as much as I would love you to be right I really can't see Hoddle coming here with a volatile owner like Tan. He's been out of management for a decade or so, if he does come back it would be to a stable club where he can start afresh. Looking down the list on oddschecker I have ruled the first ten out at least.

If Hoddle wants back in, which he seems to judging from his comments, he hasn't got a lot of clubs to choose from mate. The top teams have all changed managers, and wouldn't take a risk on him anyway as he's not a "glamorous" appointment, so he's left pretty much with the lower half of the Premier League. And to be fair, I think except for perhaps Arsenal and Man Utd, there's no such thing as a stable club in the Premier League.

Not sure if I can take your last sentence seriously. There is unstable and then there's Cardiff City at the moment. I don't think he's waiting on a top job, I am not saying he is too big for Cardiff City I am saying he's too wise to come here with that muppet in charge. No doubt in my mind that Hoddle would manage us if it wasn't for our ownership.