Cardiff City Forum

Gambler's Den

Last Man Standing - Paddy Power

Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:53 am

Anyone else do this? Basically you start off paying a pound and choose a premiership team TO WIN. If your team draws or loses your out, obviously if they win you advance to the next round. Theres normally a guarantee of £2000 jackpot. Not bad for a £1? Last thing is you can only choose the same team once so each week your left with less teams to choose which makes it interesting. New tournaments start up every week. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Last Man Standing - Paddy Power

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:24 am

I've heared of this competition,but never got involed - is it just Prem'League teams you pick each week :?:

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:32 pm

Yes only premiership. Im in round 5 now. There were 1700 entrants and round4 there were 610 left in comp so numbers fall quickly.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:10 pm

mikestrinati wrote:Anyone else do this? Basically you start off paying a pound and choose a premiership team TO WIN. If your team draws or loses your out, obviously if they win you advance to the next round. Theres normally a guarantee of £2000 jackpot. Not bad for a £1? Last thing is you can only choose the same team once so each week your left with less teams to choose which makes it interesting. New tournaments start up every week. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It's good fun, it started back in 2008 i think I got down to the last 37 for a 10 grand jackpot which was a fiver in at the time then pompey screwed me and drew and I still had man utd to choose.

At the moment it is 1 quid per entry for a min of 2 grand jackpot, you can also set up private competitions which PP will manage.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:00 am

mikestrinati wrote:Yes only premiership. Im in round 5 now. There were 1700 entrants and round4 there were 610 left in comp so numbers fall quickly.

Good Luck - Let us know how you are getting on ;)

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:06 am

In to round 5 now with 300 entrants left. Starting to get difficult with teams left now mind. I`ve gone for SPURS V Reading. :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:47 pm

mikestrinati wrote:In to round 5 now with 300 entrants left. Starting to get difficult with teams left now mind. I`ve gone for SPURS V Reading. :ayatollah:

I am also into round 5 319 left usually halves every week when it gets this low. Gone for Arsenal and still have the draw to use

Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:48 am

Good Luck both :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:21 pm

152 throught to round 6. Gone with CHELSEA away to stoke.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:31 am

mikestrinati wrote:152 throught to round 6. Gone with CHELSEA away to stoke.

Good luck mike :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:11 pm

In to round 7!! Just 51 people left for a chance to win £2000!!
Next fixtures are for the 19th. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:19 pm

mikestrinati wrote:In to round 7!! Just 51 people left for a chance to win £2000!!
Next fixtures are for the 19th. :ayatollah:

Well done mike :ayatollah: - Good win for Chelsea on saturday. Good Luck with the next one .

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:14 pm

Round 8 now 39 left. Definitely hard to choose now as I've used the big guns. I've gone for FULHAM home :ayatollah: to West Ham.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:36 pm

Only 13 of us have made it to round 8. Going to have to have a look at fixtures this week as I haven't got the best of teams left now. Tempted to go for QPR home to Southampton.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:29 pm

mikestrinati wrote:Only 13 of us have made it to round 8. Going to have to have a look at fixtures this week as I haven't got the best of teams left now. Tempted to go for QPR home to Southampton.

Well done Mike for getting so far in this compo - Good luck with the next one :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:06 pm

Cheers Tony. €2000 up for grabs. Think that's about £1700 in our money? Tine to get nervous!

Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:29 am

mikestrinati wrote:Cheers Tony. €2000 up for grabs. Think that's about £1700 in our money? Tine to get nervous!

:thumbup:

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:49 pm

good luck mate, what did you decide after?

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:03 pm

paulh_85 wrote:good luck mate, what did you decide after?

I stuck with QPR after so im OUT! :x especially after Taraabt missed a penalty to go ahead and see the game out. 5 Left in that competition so good luck to all left. Im starting in a new one this Saturday now. :ayatollah: