Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Burgstaller: Slade told me he would not give me a chance

Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:07 pm

Bad google translation but kind of interesting.

" Russell Slade came and told me that he will not give me a chance. He would not even look at me. It was a shock, "said" Burgi "in the sports week

Monday 19th Jan 2015

Guido Burgstaller was after the coaching change at Cardiff City deported to the B-team. He is still on the british island, but definitely wants to switch.

The adventure in Cardiff City had for Guido Burgstaller started so promisingly. With Ole Gunnar Solskjaer- he had a coach who trusted him fully.. Burgstaller paid it back with good performances. However, since the departure of Solskjaer has the 25-year-old in a difficult position.

Burgstaller: New coach and no chance
" Russell Slade came and told me that he will not give me a chance. He would not even look at me. It was a shock, "said" Burgi "in the sports week . "Now I look around for something new to offer. That is clear.

Burgstaller fell after these statements into a hole. "I have my worst slump now behind me. When slade came and took over he told me that I have no chance with him." Nevertheless, the Burgi train every week to the best of his ability, even if he knows to come on the weekend again only the reserve team to use. "This is something I experience in my career for the first time."

A return to Austria, he has ruled out. He wants to stay on the abroad. It was always my dream to play here. I'm not going to give up at the first opportunity."

Especially because Burgstaller has shown what he can do. "In every friendship game I made a goal, and when Solskjaer was here there was a chance in the League Cup. I just know that it is not because of my footballing qualities."

http://sportnet.at/home/fussball/intern ... land/45861 42/Guido-Burgstaller_Vom-neuen-Trainer-wurde-mir-gesagt-ich- bekomme?direct=4637752&_vl_backlink=/home/fussball/inter national/england/4637752/index.do&selChannel=
Often the line between hype and total oblivion is quite narrow in football. The seven-time Austrian international Guido Burgstaller knows this well. A strong season at SK Rapid , games in red-white-red and a desire to change to English football - it looked so good. But his island dream turned out to be horrible. No season, no contact with the coach, isolated training with the youth team and a rather crazy club owners - Cardiff City is not a club to stay.

Therefore, the Carinthian is also at club search. "Right now, it's exciting," says Burgstaller talking to Sportnet. "I'm waiting for the decision of Cardiff - whether I can go or not." How it could come to that at all, the 25-year-old can not answer specifically. Why? Because he does not know. "The new coach came to me a few months ago and told me that I get a chance and I may look for a new club. Now let's see just how we can best resolve the situation."
Vincent Tan's influence
Only guesses he can do. And it does not result in coach Russell Slade back. "I do not think that proceeds from the coach. My questions of why are always blocked." One whites Burgstaller certain: Lots of pressure exercised by the controversial Cardiff owner Vincent Tan from. That was already under Slade's predecessor Ole Gunnar Solskjaer , who brought Burgstaller the club to do so.

"There was a lot of influence from the owner on the coach and the team Rumor has it that this is also the reason why Solskjaer is gone because the benefits it can not have been -.. Were not outstanding, but certainly for this motley crew okay . With a little time would that works. "

In English media Tan is a prominent protagonist - and that, although Cardiff after relegation from the Premier League again takes place in the Championship. Measly 1.3 billion US dollars, the Malaysian difficult. After all, he brought Mc Donald's in his homeland. And Cardiff City is his toy. First he changed the blue club jerseys in his favorite color red and the traditional bird in the jersey also had to say goodbye -. Dragons are so much more impressive. Over 100 years of home games in blue were history.
"The owner intervenes too much in. A few days ago, he has only the club's colors changed back to blue. Never peace in the club, always theater," says Burgstaller out of school. Statements that emphasize the numerous bizarre media reports. After a victory Tan strutted into the cabin to require more long shots. His argument: Statistically land so two of 20 in the gate. But that's harmless. Not for nothing Tan was the American Journal USA Today to the "worst owner in sports" selected - the "worst club owners". According to Metro Tan urged that more players with the number eight will be required in the date of birth - a figure that in Malaysia has a very special meaning.

But that does the offensive player does not have much to do. And the England adventure could soon be completely finished. "It's hard to stay in England, when you have so little played. There are just too many good players. It is already not easy to come here as an Austrian. I'm lucky if there is an acknowledgment that I can get away Then I can look at which teams are interesting There are all countries interesting, which can also be Belgium if the club fits But it is clear... I want to stay abroad from there I can fight back to the national team. "said Burgstaller.

A loan is not in question. "Otherwise in six months i will be back in the theatre and it starts all over again." Currently Burgstaller trains with the U21. Like all the other players who may not be in the squad. Meanwhile his advisor working on exit plan. "But this is not easy, otherwise I would be long gone."

http://sportnet.at/home/fussball/intern ... land/46377 52/Klappt-der-Wechsel-Guido-Burgstallers-InselHorror

Re: Burgstaller: slade told me he would not give me a chance

Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:20 pm

Wouldn't surprise me, Slade certainly lacks class.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:11 pm

seems a strange way to treat a player, but we only have one side of the story. slade will has his version and the truth is somewhere in between. whilst he is still being paid by this club his job as a professional footballer is to train to the best of his ability and try to force slade to include him in the match day 18.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:14 pm

Guerra was also told he would not be given a chance Hmmmmm

Guerra,Even pleaded for a chance.

Re: Burgstaller: Slade told me he would not give me a chance

Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:19 pm

I don't understand it if the player wants a fair crack at it must be so frustrating, Guerra one just baffles me :? I would understand if we where flying towards the top and didn't want to tinker with the team.

What wages would he be on is that the reason he's getting pushed out?
Last edited by Gaffer on Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Guerra was also told he would not be given a chance Hmmmmm

The question that need to be asked, & answered is Why?

What is/was RS's rational for not wanting them??

Or is it just the simple fact that RS is just following orders from his superiors???

Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:25 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:

Or is it just the simple fact that RS is just following orders from his superiors???

Rick, Slade hands are totally tied,Tan tells him what players he want released or sold and Slade has to nod.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:26 pm

Gaffer wrote:I don't understand it if the player wants a fair crack at it must be so frustrating, Guerra one just baffles me :? I would understand if we where flying towards the top and didn't want to tinker with the team.

What wages would he be on is that the reason he's getting pushed out?

Gaffer, 4 or 5 of the players who have left all were unable to get a chance under Slade,on Tans orders, not Slade.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:

Rick, Slade hands are totally tied,Tan tells him what players he want released or sold and Slade has to nod.

I would of loved to be a fly on the wall when Slade came for talks about the managers position, bet he just agreed to everything as he new his days where numbered at Orient & couldn't belive he was offered a Championship job.

It's going to backfire on him and do his reputation no good.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:32 pm

It should be obvious to everyone by now that Slade has had to follow orders from Tan not to play Daehli, Guerra, Burgstaller, Cala, Eikrem etc. The sooner every one of these players are offloaded so Slade can bring in his own players and more importantly, have a full squad to choose from without one hand tied behind his back, the better.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:42 pm

And tan said Malky wasted money.
Ole spent a fortune on a billion players no better than what we had (or just not given a chance)

Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:07 pm

Pretty much the same Cala said then. Not good.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:37 pm

What I am given to understand is that Tan told Slade that if he was not going to play these players in the first team then sell them
Slade could have played them in the first team or at least have them in the squad
It has been Slades decision not to play them not Vincent Tan
I would assume that these players he has got rid of prefer to pass the ball and not hoof it downfield as what Slade wants
Let's face it our whole management and coaching team are utter crap the proof being the way we have played this season since Slades arrival
What worries me is what we will be left with when he finishes sorting out what players he wants

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:02 pm

Might get some truth tomorrow?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:05 pm

Gaffer wrote:Might get some truth tomorrow?

Gaffer, Slade cant tell the whole truth as it would be goodbye Slade.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:14 pm

djronnieb wrote:What I am given to understand is that Tan told Slade that if he was not going to play these players in the first team then sell them
Slade could have played them in the first team or at least have them in the squad
It has been Slades decision not to play them not Vincent Tan
I would assume that these players he has got rid of prefer to pass the ball and not hoof it downfield as what Slade wants
Let's face it our whole management and coaching team are utter crap the proof being the way we have played this season since Slades arrival
What worries me is what we will be left with when he finishes sorting out what players he wants

That's what this article is saying about daehli
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=153478

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:16 pm

Just goes to show Slades lack of class. Given how devoid of talent our midfield is at the moment I don't think we can afford to just discard players without giving them a go. We're paying him regardless to letting him rot makes no sense to me.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Gaffer wrote:Might get some truth tomorrow?

Gaffer, Slade cant tell the whole truth as it would be goodbye Slade.

I know might get insight to some things though.

It would make my day if he said the full truth :wave:

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:26 pm

Ffs slade is on a huge bonus to get us promoted so it would be in his interest to pick the best avaliable players
so its quite obvious that he is doing what tan has told him to do in getting rid of these players :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:39 pm

What i dont understand though if it was all tans fault and all high earners were to go then why is kenwynne alf whittingham manga etc still in the squad because i imagine they are all high earners too, kenwynne i heard was on ridiculous wages.

Like an above poster mentioned slade i rekan had some input to what players he wanted and was willing to go, do you think its a coinsidence that the ones leaving are the foreign players who cant communicate as well in the team like cala guerra burgstaller. I think slade just wanted most of the foreigners out and couldnt be bothered dealing with too many foreigners in his squad who couldnt speak really good english and i also believe scott young prob the same,both clueless inexperienced coaches who dont know how to and cant be bothered with dealing with these type of players.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:51 pm

BlueMagic wrote:What i dont understand though if it was all tans fault and all high earners were to go then why is kenwynne alf whittingham manga etc still in the squad because i imagine they are all high earners too, kenwynne i heard was on ridiculous wages.

Like an above poster mentioned slade i rekan had some input to what players he wanted and was willing to go, do you think its a coinsidence that the ones leaving are the foreign players who cant communicate as well in the team like cala guerra burgstaller. I think slade just wanted most of the foreigners out and couldnt be bothered dealing with too many foreigners in his squad who couldnt speak really good english and i also believe scott young prob the same,both clueless inexperienced coaches who dont know how to and cant be bothered with dealing with these type of players.

Interesting to see that 10 out of 11 starters last match were English. Only Blackpool was matching that. But I honestly believe Tan´s role in singling out who had to leave, is much exaggerated. E.g., did he not sign Guerra himself? I see no reason why he would have any interest in getting rid of players like Guerra, Dæhli, Eikrem, Berget and Burgstaller just for the sake of it. They have done nothing wrong, have they? And I don´t believe all those were high earners either.

It´s maybe a bit strange that Slade does not seem to have been interested in giving all players a chance, but I suppose he felt he had to make some quick decisions in order to work the January window.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:

Fk me is that really true Annis Mate ? So we have Tan who knows fk all about football , and a Guy on the board who brought in Olie and he ( the guy on the board ) Also knew fk all about football. These guys will kill the club I love

Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:10 pm

Lets all moan about the debt...... The debt that will be added to if we fully pay up Ole's fcuk ups their full entitlement.

This is about making them uncomfortable and then offering them a reduced settlement to terminate the contract.

Etien Verijonka (never needed to learn to spell his name) will prove testament that we will let you rot in the reserves.... It business guys

Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:53 pm

It beggars belief! We get rid of any quality and keep the dross. What a recipe for disaster! Our Vin's happy mind, he'll nab all the parachute cash!

Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:17 pm

I know slade 100% has said burgstaller is lazy in tracking back and never gets back etc he has said that in person

Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:24 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:I know slade 100% has said burgstaller is lazy in tracking back and never gets back etc he has said that in person

How would he know? ;)

Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:56 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Lets all moan about the debt...... The debt that will be added to if we fully pay up Ole's fcuk ups their full entitlement.

This is about making them uncomfortable and then offering them a reduced settlement to terminate the contract.

Etien Verijonka (never needed to learn to spell his name) will prove testament that we will let you rot in the reserves.... It business guys

Oles "f**k ups" have almost all gone to a better league than the championship. So is slade a better judge of quality than la liga and bundesliga managers?
And bs on it just beinv about cost cutting. I doubt daehli was payed more than Maynard, Macheda or lefondre , or guerra was on more than jones 40k a week.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:15 pm

Back to blue but the same old club bashing going on in this thread ,I wonder sometimes

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:55 pm

The undeniable fact about a lot of these players that were brought in by Ole is that is that they never actually got played that often if at all when Ole was with us let alone under Slade. Two of the three Norwegians never got a look in, Guerra and Burgstaller came with reputations but again only started a few games even when Ole was desperate for results.

Daehli was different, he had talent and was played often but whilst shining in the Premiership he was disappointing in the Championship and was clearly unhappy and wanted away especially seeing how Slade was going to play the game going forward.

The one thing that encouraged me most about Slade's appointment was his man management skills and yet players are leaving left right and centre having been told they ain't going to play for him. That has to be Tan's cost cutting exercise, whether it be due to the size of wage packet they were on or the sheer fact that they were never picked whilst Ole was in charge so hell why not just get rid of them. It's possible that they just aren't his type of player but as someone whose biggest plus point is being able to keep players happy then one would have thought he would have been able to explain to them that they simply just didn't fit in to his style of football so would make sense for them to get regular football elsewhere without all of them having a dig at the club