Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone Remember Alan Durban

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:04 am

Well for those who don't he was our manager the last time our club suffered back to back relegations. During his time as our manager he only managed to win 25.29% of the league games we played.

In terms of league matches OGS has won just 5 of 25 matches, (20%), our alltime worst win % by a manager is 19.51% and anything other than a win on Saturday will give OGS our alltime worst win % record by a manager.

In my opinion we have now reached the point where immediate action is required by our owner.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: Anyone Remember Alan Durban

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:09 am

castleblue wrote:Well for those who don't he was our manager the last time our club suffered back to back relegations. During his time as our manager he only managed to win 25.29% of the league games we played.

In terms of league matches OGS has won just 5 of 25 matches, (20%), our alltime worst win % by a manager is 19.51% and anything other than a win on Saturday will give OGS our alltime worst win % record by a manager.

In my opinion we have now reached the point where immediate action is required by our owner.

Yes I do Gary, Worst ever football in all the time Ive followed City and our worst ever times to many City fans including myself.

Also Walsall away in the cup, we lost 6-3, I had a ding/dong in the dressing rooms with him :lol:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:26 am

Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:Well for those who don't he was our manager the last time our club suffered back to back relegations. During his time as our manager he only managed to win 25.29% of the league games we played.

Yes I do Gary, Worst ever football in all the time Ive followed City and our worst ever times to many City fans including myself.

Also Walsall away in the cup, we lost 6-3, I had a ding/dong in the dressing rooms with him :lol:

I have nightmares over Alan Durban he did the unthinkable taking us from Div 2 - Div 4 it took us 18 years to get back to that level. If we keep OGS we will do a Wolves and will be in league 1 next year.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:29 am

Even the mention of his name makes me go pale!

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:34 am

Funnily enough, Alan Durban is a really nice guy too

:-?

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:35 am

Yes and they were awful days but Durban didn't have the resources that OGS has had .........hmmmmm as Annis would say !!

We have no pace, no gameplan and the players don't look fit !! 7 games in and we still have players trying to get "match fit" !!!
WTF ???

I thought that's what pre season was all about ?

Fuming again today !! :twisted:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:42 am

Now he was worse than Ole and that's saying something :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:57 am

Don't forget the club was in a terrible state at
that time no one wanted to manage us, players
drove them selfs to away games I think,
no reserve team or team coach squad of 15
Players, could just
about manage paying for 2 to 3 YTS players £25
Per week, no staff, no decent training facilities
Look at what they got now
Manager has unlimited amount of staff
And a big budget
Training facilities are second to none
New ground
Mini buses galore
Team coach (£600,000) which is what durbans
team was worth probably,
Players are well over paid,
So to be fair to A Durban done the best he could
in a bad situation, if he would have taken me
on out of those 3 YTS players things might
have been different,,lol, just missed out, took
on players he need cover in certain positions, but I
don't hold any grudges,( prick )
Today though there are no excuses unless
you are lower leagues with nothing just a team and
a run down stadium, all of us are very fortunate
at CCFC, management, players, and fans
we do need to stick together no matter what

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:01 am

Forever Blue wrote:

and Rotherham! :D

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:05 am

The season we went down I was at the last game we won and that was against Doncaster away.

I sat in the visitors Grandstand right next to the away fans, all of one bus load. I was sat amongst 5 of us. We won the game 2-0 and when the game approached the end we were giving it big time. Some old guy in the stand below shouted back at us " Your still going down to the 4th division". My mate gave the perfect reply "And i will still be supporting them".

Little moments but ones you don't forget.