Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' GOOD NEWS AND A STARK WARNING '

Mon May 20, 2013 10:01 pm

Malky Mackay has been named the Championship Manager of the Year 2012/13.

This summer will see the capacity of Cardiff City Stadium expanded.

Two of the four corners will be filled with seating and a possibility of a third corner being filled also.

One corner will definitely not be filled as one will remain open to allow entrance of machinery and other large equipment into the stadium.

The club are confident they will take the capacity to over 27,500 for next season as a result.

There is a lot of money being spent around the ground with a lot of work already underway.

For many Premier League games there will be very little segregation and virtually every seat will be sold but when the likes of Swansea and Man Utd visit then bigger segregation will be evident.

The stadium will have two giant screens as of next season as well.

The use of smoke bombs have become increasingly popular toward the end of this season at Cardiff City matches, home and away, and in the last few weekends there has been an increase in the use of smoke bombs at Premier League grounds.

I was told by a South Wales Police officer recently that if South Wales Police are investigating and get a conviction for anybody using smoke bombs then they will be looking for a custodial sentence.

I would urge any Cardiff City fan who intend on bringing a smoke bomb to a City game, home or away, you are risking your liberty by doing so.

There will be zero tolerance by South Wales Police and the football club on this issue.

Maybe now is also the time to remind fans that entering the field of play will also be met with zero tolerance and, at the very least, a banning order will be placed upon anybody doing so.

Re: ' GOOD NEWS AND A STARK WARNING '

Mon May 20, 2013 10:13 pm

Fair post on an evening when certain officers of the law 's actions in relation to the beautiful game is such a talking point !

Mon May 20, 2013 10:24 pm

Even when we win the prem we can't go on the pitch , not happy

Mon May 20, 2013 10:32 pm

Fill in 3 corners and narrow the fourth like at the Madjeski, get them seats packed on. :ayatollah:

Mon May 20, 2013 10:35 pm

carlccfc wrote:Malky Mackay has been named the Championship Manager of the Year 2012/13.

This summer will see the capacity of Cardiff City Stadium expanded.

Two of the four corners will be filled with seating and a possibility of a third corner being filled also.

One corner will definitely not be filled as one will remain open to allow entrance of machinery and other large equipment into the stadium.

The club are confident they will take the capacity to over 27,500 for next season as a result.

There is a lot of money being spent around the ground with a lot of work already underway.

For many Premier League games there will be very little segregation and virtually every seat will be sold but when the likes of Swansea and Man Utd visit then bigger segregation will be evident.

The stadium will have two giant screens as of next season as well.

The use of smoke bombs have become increasingly popular toward the end of this season at Cardiff City matches, home and away, and in the last few weekends there has been an increase in the use of smoke bombs at Premier League grounds.

I was told by a South Wales Police officer recently that if South Wales Police are investigating and get a conviction for anybody using smoke bombs then they will be looking for a custodial sentence.

I would urge any Cardiff City fan who intend on bringing a smoke bomb to a City game, home or away, you are risking your liberty by doing so.

There will be zero tolerance by South Wales Police and the football club on this issue.

Maybe now is also the time to remind fans that entering the field of play will also be met with zero tolerance and, at the very least, a banning order will be placed upon anybody doing so.

Is there a waiting list for the extra seats I have family members who wish they had got in sooner for season tickets. :ayatollah:

Mon May 20, 2013 10:39 pm

Wayne S wrote:Fill in 3 corners and narrow the fourth like at the Madjeski, get them seats packed on. :ayatollah:

Personally I dont see why the club never arranged for the extra tier to be added this summer. I mean that was part of the deal within the rebrand and because of that I cannot see why it should have not gone ahead this summer.

Mon May 20, 2013 10:40 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Fill in 3 corners and narrow the fourth like at the Madjeski, get them seats packed on. :ayatollah:

Personally I dont see why the club never arranged for the extra tier to be added this summer. I mean that was part of the deal within the rebrand and because of that I cannot see why it should have not gone ahead this summer.

No time for planning to be passed and Summer use of the stadium.

Mon May 20, 2013 10:45 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Hmm planning permission is already there and if it is not then a season is plenty of time to get it.

Regarding summer use was anything planned then?

Mon May 20, 2013 10:49 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Hmm planning permission is already there and if it is not then a season is plenty of time to get it.

Regarding summer use was anything planned then?

Outline only & Bon Jovi.

Mon May 20, 2013 10:55 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Because we were not promoted and we wouldn't sell out a 35k stadium in the championship

Mon May 20, 2013 11:05 pm

kingdong wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Because we were not promoted and we wouldn't sell out a 35k stadium in the championship

Well yes but the deal was?

Mon May 20, 2013 11:07 pm

kingdong wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Malky has already stated the club were planning for life in the Premier League in January. If they couldn't have sorted it out between then and now then its hardly surprising the construction industry is on its knees. Most likely more health and safety and admin bollocks has slowed it down.

Mon May 20, 2013 11:31 pm

All Black Everything. wrote:
kingdong wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Malky has already stated the club were planning for life in the Premier League in January. If they couldn't have sorted it out between then and now then its hardly surprising the construction industry is on its knees. Most likely more health and safety and admin bollocks has slowed it down.

What's the construction industry got to do with us selling out a 35k stadium in the championship?

There's no point in expanding now maybe we'd sell it out for one season an get relegated and not fill it ever again.

Mon May 20, 2013 11:32 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
kingdong wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

There was no deals

Mon May 20, 2013 11:42 pm

All Black Everything. wrote:
kingdong wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Malky only mentioned players recruitment plans were put in place in January and nothing to do with any stadium expansion plans!

Tue May 21, 2013 12:15 am

Didn't Steve Borley say that procurement would take at least 12 months?

Tue May 21, 2013 4:31 am

Bakedalaskar for someone who as turned their back on the club by not renewing your season ticket because of the rebrand you got an awful lot to say about the increase in capacity at the CCS , enjoy your Saturdays with TLG :o

Tue May 21, 2013 8:29 am

Old school BLUE wrote:Bakedalaskar for someone who as turned their back on the club by not renewing your season ticket because of the rebrand you got an awful lot to say about the increase in capacity at the CCS , enjoy your Saturdays with TLG :o

:lol: :lol:

Tue May 21, 2013 8:55 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
kingdong wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

I think you'll need to back those claims up, can'r recollect any deal saying there would be a new tier added to the stadium before next season started,
Perhaps you could organise a march to protest against it. :roll:

Tue May 21, 2013 9:13 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

I thought the "offer" was to extend the stadium at the appropriate time and nothing more than that. I suppose it begs the question what is the appropriate time and I think that would probably be if and when we establish overselves in the PL.

Having said that I believe Borley said something on Twitter the other night about watch this space on the stadium expansion so perhaps thing are progressing on this front.

Given everything else that VT said at the time of the rebrand and the action he has taken on things like investment in the playing squad, plans for the new training ground and talking with Langston I believe the expansion will take place.

Whenever it is needed.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 21, 2013 9:14 am

kingdong wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
kingdong wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

There was no deals

No really.

So we played in red for nothing then? We gave up our tradition for nothing.

Tue May 21, 2013 9:15 am

Old school BLUE wrote:Bakedalaskar for someone who as turned their back on the club by not renewing your season ticket because of the rebrand you got an awful lot to say about the increase in capacity at the CCS , enjoy your Saturdays with TLG :o

Yes I have and your point is?

Tue May 21, 2013 9:16 am

BigGwynram wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
kingdong wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

I think you'll need to back those claims up, can'r recollect any deal saying there would be a new tier added to the stadium before next season started,
Perhaps you could organise a march to protest against it. :roll:

And what claims are those Gwyn?

Tue May 21, 2013 9:17 am

Where did you find this out?

Tue May 21, 2013 9:20 am

castleblue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

I thought the "offer" was to extend the stadium at the appropriate time and nothing more than that. I suppose it begs the question what is the appropriate time and I think that would probably be if and when we establish overselves in the PL

Having said that I believe Borley said something on Twitter the other night about watch this space on the stadium expansion so perhaps thing are progressing on this front.

Given everything else that VT said at the time of the rebrand and the action he has taken on things like investment in the playing squad, plans for the new training ground and talking with Langston I believe the expansion will take place.

Whenever it is needed.

Well yes I would go along with that if there was no price to pay but there has been a price paid has there not.

If you pay for something you expect it to be done ASAP.

Tue May 21, 2013 9:23 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

I thought the "offer" was to extend the stadium at the appropriate time and nothing more than that. I suppose it begs the question what is the appropriate time and I think that would probably be if and when we establish overselves in the PL

Whenever it is needed.

Well yes I would go along with that if there was no price to pay but there has been a price paid has there not.

Well maybe its not possible at the moment

Tue May 21, 2013 9:27 am

2 screens is pointless.

Tue May 21, 2013 9:29 am

CraigCCFC wrote:Well maybe its not possible at the moment

Most likely not as it has been brought to the table but why not start the process last season when the rebrand was initiated?

Tue May 21, 2013 9:29 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Whenever it is needed.

The offer was to look " That feasability studies would continue into the expansion of the stadium at the appropriate time"

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/art ... 98351.aspx

It could be that filling in 3 corners of the ground is a "Stadium Expansion" and that is another promise honoured by VT. I have never heard him promise to put a top tier on the stadium, I have read it on here but not from any official source.

As I say I think he will actually do it and like the other promises made by VT he WILL keep them.

Tue May 21, 2013 9:30 am

DandoCCFC wrote:2 screens is pointless.

I pulled a neck muscle looking at the only one.