The Cosway Stadium

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Cosway Stadium

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:15 pm

I don't want to go into all the technical detail of the naming with Langston, but looking at the inside of our stadium the COSWAY name is everywhere (including all over the new scoreboard) so I do get the feeling that old Vincent Tan has his eye on eventually buying the naming rights and renaming our stadium 'COSWAY Stadium' or something similar.

COSWAY is very important to VT’s Berjaya Group and it is known that he has plans to launch COSWAY/ECOSWAY in the UK.

Just wondering if anyone would have any objections to this? COSWAY is considered in some circles as to be a bit of a scam because it utilises MLM (multi-level marketing) or network marketing schemes.

I’m not 100% sure what the deal is but it seems to revolve around COSWAY providing a ‘free’ shop in exchange for a deposit and sales targets where the 'business operator' provides the labour free and takes a commission instead.
Tony Blue Williams

The Cosway Stadium

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: The Cosway Stadium

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:17 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I don't want to go into all the technical detail of the naming with Langston, but looking at the inside of our stadium the COSWAY name is everywhere (including all over the new scoreboard) so I do get the feeling that old Vincent Tan has his eye on eventually buying the naming rights and renaming our stadium 'COSWAY Stadium' or something similar.

COSWAY is very important to VT’s Berjaya Group and it is known that he has plans to launch COSWAY/ECOSWAY in the UK.

Just wondering if anyone would have any objections to this? COSWAY is considered in some circles as to be a bit of a scam because it utilises MLM (multi-level marketing) or network marketing schemes.

I’m not 100% sure what the deal is but it seems to revolve around COSWAY providing a ‘free’ shop in exchange for a deposit and sales targets where the 'business operator' provides the labour free and takes a commission instead.

Tony, interesting, Ive noticed it increasing bit by bit.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby chris_ccfc » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:18 pm

I thought the same too Tony, Cosway is marketed very heavily throughout the stadium so it would not become a surprise. Personally I don’t care, he is the man pumping money into the club so he is entitled to do what he wants.
"Action is the real measure of intelligence" Napoleon Hill
chris_ccfc

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:20 pm

Do we make money from the naming rights?
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby bluebirds23 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:21 pm

yea i thought the same cosway is all over the stadium so would not be a supriced if it ended up being call cosway stadium
bluebirds23

Postby mr'mogreenz » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:25 pm

I aint fussed on that name, sounds like a name for a shoping centre rather than a football ground lol
mr'mogreenz

Postby bluebirds23 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:28 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:I aint fussed on that name, sounds like a name for a shoping centre rather than a football ground lol

:lol: :lol:
bluebirds23

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:29 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:I aint fussed on that name, sounds like a name for a shoping centre rather than a football ground lol

easily mistaken if you see all the shops...they're even making more, christ put a roof over the area then call it St.Davids 3
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby mr'mogreenz » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:31 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

easily mistaken if you see all the shops...they're even making more, christ put a roof over the area then call it St.Davids 3

:lol:
mr'mogreenz

Postby hirwaunbluebird » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:40 pm

go on the web site they are massive. :o
hirwaunbluebird

Postby bluecityblue » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:41 pm

They can call it what they like, its now known as and we'll still call it cardiff city stadium.
bluecityblue

Postby wez 1927 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:43 pm

wez 1927

Postby Grumpyguts » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:46 pm

Does it really matter.ITS STILL THE HOME OF THE FAMOUS BLUEBIRDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
We nearly didnt have a stadium at all.
Grumpyguts

Postby Grumpyguts » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:46 pm

Does it really matter.ITS STILL THE HOME OF THE FAMOUS BLUEBIRDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
We nearly didnt have a stadium at all.
Grumpyguts

Postby ashccfc » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:47 pm

the cosway arena sounds better than the cosway stadium imo
OOH AAH BARMY ARMY
ashccfc

Postby simon1927 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:33 pm

i dont like it, sounds too much the like the causeway stadium which was the name of Wycombes ground for a few years about 5 years ago now :lol:
simon1927

Postby GLASCOEDBLUE » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:22 pm

Re: If you had the naming rights...
by GLASCOEDBLUE » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:01 am

We all know that very soon it will be called either
1- Cosway Stadium
2- Cosway Arena.

We can all wish for our history to be incorprated into the naming rights, but once VT obtains 51% share of the club we all know what will happen sadly.

GLASCOEDBLUE

Private messageE-mail GLASCOEDBLUE
LIFE'S NEVER DULL FOLLOWING THE BLUEBIRDS
GLASCOEDBLUE

Postby Gonzo » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:47 pm

Cardiff Cosway Stadium = CCS :ayatollah:
★MEMBER OF THE 2009 CLUB★
"The year it all began....."
Gonzo

Postby brichards » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:27 am

In reply to Tony Blue Williams (post of Sunday 13Feb)
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I don't want to go into all the technical detail of the naming with Langston, but looking at the inside of our stadium the COSWAY name is everywhere (including all over the new scoreboard) so I do get the feeling that old Vincent Tan has his eye on eventually buying the naming rights and renaming our stadium 'COSWAY Stadium' or something similar.

My reply
Tony, it would seem to me that you as many others are, though no fault of your own and because of bad press, which has been richly deserved for those Network marketing companies long gone, are of the opinion that MLM is a bad thing in relation to eCosway.
I would ask how much do you know or have been told about eCosway other than it sponsors CCFC and has a store in Cardiff?
Do they offer free stores? No they don't.
They do have FREE stores, but it's not the bait to attract people to eCosway. It is unfortunate that you have been told this.
The stores are NOT FREE, if you do want a store you first have to prove that there is a customer base, that you know the products and there are OVER 500 product lines, prove that you have to business ability, prove that you can maintain the business, prove you can represent eCosway following the guidelines, and prove you have the commitment to work all the hours God sends.
Then you have to pass an intensive interview, so does it sound FREE to you?
If you have time I would love to show you how it all works, how eCosway works and why so many people unfortunately make the statement they think its a bit "shady"....

Regards
Bryan
brichards

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:43 am

I've not read much up on them except for what I'm reading here. Cosway sounds more like a franchise than a MLM.
Bakedalasker

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:50 am

Forget what I just said. I have just had a read on their website and indeed it is a MLM although it does look a bit more involved than other MLMs I have had a look at.
Bakedalasker

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:21 am

brichards wrote:In reply to Tony Blue Williams (post of Sunday 13Feb)

My reply
Tony, it would seem to me that you as many others are, though no fault of your own and because of bad press, which has been richly deserved for those Network marketing companies long gone, are of the opinion that MLM is a bad thing in relation to eCosway.
I would ask how much do you know or have been told about eCosway other than it sponsors CCFC and has a store in Cardiff?
Do they offer free stores? No they don't.
They do have FREE stores, but it's not the bait to attract people to eCosway. It is unfortunate that you have been told this.
The stores are NOT FREE, if you do want a store you first have to prove that there is a customer base, that you know the products and there are OVER 500 product lines, prove that you have to business ability, prove that you can maintain the business, prove you can represent eCosway following the guidelines, and prove you have the commitment to work all the hours God sends.
Then you have to pass an intensive interview, so does it sound FREE to you?
If you have time I would love to show you how it all works, how eCosway works and why so many people unfortunately make the statement they think its a bit "shady"....

Regards
Bryan

Bryan,

Whats your involvement with a Cosway ?
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby RICK+CCFC » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:34 am

RICK+CCFC

Postby Gavinatthegarage » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:59 am

Im interested Bryan can you PM me the full details please.
photo-372.JPG
photo-372.JPG (39.03 KiB) Viewed 9363 times
Gavinatthegarage

Postby Mastermind » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:12 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Just wondering if anyone would have any objections to this? COSWAY is considered in some circles as to be a bit of a scam because it utilises MLM (multi-level marketing) or network marketing schemes.

Tony; there is nothing at all to indicate that MLM/Network Marketing is a scam. These companies comprise an industry that is larger, worldwide, that the music industry. In fact the industry provides a financial lifeline to many families in the UK and worldwide. Part of the Direct Sales industry MLM companies provide a business opportunity to thouse wishing to work towards building it. It is only perceived as a scam as many people are convinced to invest when they do not either have midset or the inclination to succeed (i.e. they believe it to be a get rich scheme, which it isn't)

I think a lot will hinge on UEFA's investigation into the Man City/Ethidad Stadium saga. If that is passed then it will open the door to Cosway. If it is found to be against UEFA rules (because the money comes from the same source as the club investment) then Cosway will not have a way forward. I think that VT & TG are being very prudent and careful not to step outside the rules and regulations.
Mastermind

Postby RichardBluebird » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:29 am

Whats even more concerning is, is it free marketing. Like you say it seems to be creeping all around the stadium on prime advertising spots...........
RichardBluebird

Postby Mastermind » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:02 am

RichardBluebird wrote:Whats even more concerning is, is it free marketing. Like you say it seems to be creeping all around the stadium on prime advertising spots...........

TBH Richard, they are probably paying for it. Gethin, TG & VT are proper businesmen and the latter two, especially, would not miss a trick to get more finance into the CCS
Mastermind

Postby RichardBluebird » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:05 am

Mastermind wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Whats even more concerning is, is it free marketing. Like you say it seems to be creeping all around the stadium on prime advertising spots...........

TBH Richard, they are probably paying for it. Gethin, TG & VT are proper businesmen and the latter two, especially, would not miss a trick to get more finance into the CCS

Why would TG & VT pay............?
RichardBluebird

Postby nerd » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:57 pm

Mastermind wrote:

So basically, you're saying TG&VT, as proper businessmen, would willingly pay money from one of their larger business interests into a much smaller one?

Seriously?
nerd

Postby nerd » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:03 pm

Not found much about ecosway, did find this;.

http://www.infobarrel.com/Is_Cosway_or_eCosway_a_scam
nerd

Next

Return to General Chat