Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Pascal Chimbonda

Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:54 am

In my view we are desperate for a decent left back. Ok this guy has been around a few clubs in his time but so did Jay Bothroyd. I think he is quality and his contract is up in the summer and he's out of favour at Blackburn , we could get him in on a short term loan until the end of the season and then sign him on a free if we are happy with him.

Re: Pascal Chimbonda

Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:55 am

ihatealiens wrote:In my view we are desperate for a decent left back. Ok this guy has been around a few clubs in his time but so did Jay Bothroyd. I think he is quality and his contract is up in the summer and he's out of favour at Blackburn , we could get him in on a short term loan until the end of the season and then sign him on a free if we are happy with him.

funny you should say that i was thinking last night but problem with that sod is his wages. but i don't think the fans would think he was good player. he got plenty fight in him tho.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:02 pm

Problem is there are not many decent left backs around at the moment available at a decent price. In my view he fits the bill. Like I said get him on a short term loan, renew in April until end of season and then see where we are with him. He's got to be worth a punt. This is our most urgent position on the field to fill and it needs to be done quickly.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:05 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Problem is there are not many decent left backs around at the moment available at a decent price. In my view he fits the bill. Like I said get him on a short term loan, renew in April until end of season and then see where we are with him. He's got to be worth a punt. This is our most urgent position on the field to fill and it needs to be done quickly.

i could not agree more but would fans want him they will go he not good enough bla bla, yea been at few clubs but has played few games in prem mind so his ability must not that crap :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i agree with you i would have a punt. can't be worse than koumas i suppose.....

Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:06 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Problem is there are not many decent left backs around at the moment available at a decent price. In my view he fits the bill. Like I said get him on a short term loan, renew in April until end of season and then see where we are with him. He's got to be worth a punt. This is our most urgent position on the field to fill and it needs to be done quickly.

Very true. As much as I like Vaughan, I'd be able to enjoy his signing a hell of a lot more if I knew a left back was on his way too,

Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:11 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 37,00.html

Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:14 pm

Apparently they are releasing him from his contract now - so would be a free - go get him I say - http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... -chimbonda

Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:19 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Apparently they are releasing him from his contract now - so would be a free - go get him I say - http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... -chimbonda

i would just i don't no how much he is on?

Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:25 pm

I just wish SUPER KEV would play left back and give Matthews a run in the team at right back :ayatollah: