Agent McKay - Arranged The Flight .

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:09 pm

Agent Mark McKay says he arranged Emiliano Sala's flight but denies claims he owned plane
Mark McKay: "I knew Emiliano well, he was a wonderful person and I count myself fortunate to have known him"

Football agent Mark McKay has confirmed he arranged the flight that was carrying striker Emiliano Sala to Cardiff, but has denied reports he or his family owned the plane.

On Wednesday evening, Guernsey Police confirmed the search to find the Piper Malibu that was carrying Sala and pilot David Ibbotson had been called off for the day, almost two days after the plane lost contact and disappeared off the radar near Alderney, in the Channel Islands.
McKay, one of Sala's intermediaries involved in the £15m deal to bring him from Nantes to Cardiff, released a statement saying he was involved in the Cardiff player's travel arrangements, but denied reports that he was the owner of the plane.

"I can confirm that when Emiliano made myself and his agent Meissa N'Diaye aware that he wished to travel back to Nantes following his medical and signing on Friday, I began to look into arranging a private flight to take him to Nantes on Saturday morning," said McKay.
"That evening, it was confirmed a plane was available to fly Emiliano on Saturday which could remain in Nantes until he was due to return to Cardiff.

"I have been in contact with officials from Cardiff City FC and the player's agent over these difficult past few days and will continue to do so.

"I wish to make clear that despite media reports today, the plane involved in this terrible episode was not owned in any way or part by either myself or any member of my family.

"I have chosen to wait a few days before making a statement so that the focus remained on the efforts of the search and rescue teams looking for Emiliano Sala and the pilot of the missing plane," McKay explained.

"Along with everyone in the world of football, I want to express my sadness and that of my family with regards to the tragic events that have unfolded since Monday evening.

"The families of both Emiliano and that of the pilot are utmost in our thoughts and prayers. I knew Emiliano well, he was a wonderful person and I count myself fortunate to have known him."
TopCat CCFC

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Agent McKay - Arranged The Flight .

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:13 pm

I have just read Mackays both sons are on Cardiff City’s books and Mackay brokering the deal on Dalman’s behalf.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I have just read Mackays both sons are on Cardiff City’s books and Mackay brokering the deal on Dalman’s behalf.

The report on the deal and plane flight this afternoon said that it was McKay's son who sorted all this out ??
TopCat CCFC

Postby Dahboy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:22 pm

So he still put him in a at risk situation. I don't understand this.
Dahboy

Postby ffs » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:26 pm

I didn't even realise 2 of his sons play for us :shock: This is getting rather strange
ffs

Postby Leon1927 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:27 pm

I think you are referring to Willie McKay. Famous football agent. That is Mark’s dad. The aviation forum said that Willie McKay owned the plane. The truth will come out soon enough. The forum is worth a read. Concern over the pilot too.
Leon1927

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:29 pm

Leon1927 wrote:I think you are referring to Willie McKay. Famous football agent. That is Mark’s dad. The aviation forum said that Willie McKay owned the plane. The truth will come out soon enough. The forum is worth a read. Concern over the pilot too.

Absolutely! From beginning to end.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby Dahboy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:31 pm

By at risk I mean he must have known how he was travelling if he arranged it. In that pathetic little plane travelling at night that far, and across the open sea?
Dahboy

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:38 pm

Dahboy wrote:By at risk I mean he must have known how he was travelling if he arranged it. In that pathetic little plane travelling at night that far, and across the open sea?

Spot On - So the agent allowed all that to happen !!!
TopCat CCFC

Postby snoopystorm » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:53 pm

I’m positive I read/heard in the many posts, topics, reports etc that the pilot was only an enthusiast/part time pilot whose day job was a gas fitter and was ‘rusty’ on ILS procedures..... surely he shouldn’t have been flying ‘charter’??

One of my mates has his pilots licence and I’ve seen what he’s had to go through to get it, even though he’s passed all exams he still has to log so many hours before he can take a passenger up other than an instructor
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:01 pm

snoopystorm wrote:I’m positive I read/heard in the many posts, topics, reports etc that the pilot was only an enthusiast/part time pilot whose day job was a gas fitter and was ‘rusty’ on ILS procedures..... surely he shouldn’t have been flying ‘charter’??

One of my mates has his pilots licence and I’ve seen what he’s had to go through to get it, even though he’s passed all exams he still has to log so many hours before he can take a passenger up other than an instructor

I Agree with you -If Agent McKay was put in place to arrange the flight he must have had a say in who flew that plane !!!
Let's get in a gas fitter to take a record signing over that sea at a silly time with bad weather !!! SHOCKING !!!
TopCat CCFC

Postby Dahboy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:21 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:I’m positive I read/heard in the many posts, topics, reports etc that the pilot was only an enthusiast/part time pilot whose day job was a gas fitter and was ‘rusty’ on ILS procedures..... surely he shouldn’t have been flying ‘charter’??

I Agree with you -If Agent McKay was put in place to arrange the flight he must have had a say in who flew that plane !!!
Let's get in a gas fitter to take a record signing over that sea at a silly time with bad weather !!! SHOCKING !!!

I have a bad feeling about all this. I pray no one is covering up somebody or something, for sala's sake.
Dahboy

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:29 pm

IMG_0747.jpg
IMG_0747.jpg (346.59 KiB) Viewed 10895 times
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby Dahboy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:38 pm

What's this I don't understand? Or am I missing something?
Dahboy

Postby Ibby » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:36 am

:( :(
Ibby

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:55 am

Dahboy wrote:What's this I don't understand? Or am I missing something?

Surely the same as the rest of us. But from what I have read. This is not a listed taxi plane, commercial service or anything like that. In fact, people are saying it would be illegal if anyone payed money for the flight, becouse the pilot didn’t have license to fly commercial. It is widely discussed arround and stated by experts that this was a hazardous flight in the conditions that where, and with that type of plane. So yes, we are missing lot of pieces, and I want to know them.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby nojac » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:24 am

If I'm wrong I am sorry.
But I believe it's all about money.
Cardiff city offered to arrange and pay for the flight,but it was declined.
The agent arranged the flight and would bill Cardiff city for it.
It seems to me costs were cut, but he would have billed the club thousands. Where as the flight would only cost hundreds.
Again if I'm wrong I apologise.
I assume this goes on all the time , and if it wasn't for this terrible tragedy no one would know.
But I do know , Tan,Dalman and Choo will not rest until the truth comes out .
nojac

Postby celt_td » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:38 am

nojac wrote:If I'm wrong I am sorry.
It seems to me costs were cut, but he would have billed the club thousands. Where as the flight would only cost hundreds.
I assume this goes on all the time , and if it wasn't for this terrible tragedy no one would know.

I agree that theres something dodgy going on but these agents are millionaires, surely they wouldnt do this for a few grand?
celt_td

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:01 am

Arranging a flight doesn't mean someone is responsible for what could be a tragic accident. We need to know the full facts before making a conclusion.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:06 am

celt_td wrote:

I agree that theres something dodgy going on but these agents are millionaires, surely they wouldnt do this for a few grand?

That is the worry I have around this debate. As a businessman McKay would seek to gain profit from all transactions but to take unnecessary risks like hiring an inexperienced pilot to fly a plane sold by Arthur Daley just to make a few thousand more is pushing credibility.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:11 am

jesus.

cant go throwing shit like that around ffs
paulh_85

Postby dogfound » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:25 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Arranging a flight doesn't mean someone is responsible for what could be a tragic accident. We need to know the full facts before making a conclusion.

people are jumping to way too many conclusions.
dogfound

Postby Dahboy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:37 am

paulh_85 wrote:

jesus.

And he's probably right. I think this McKay has fucked up big time here. Just going on whats been said btw.
Dahboy

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:47 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Arranging a flight doesn't mean someone is responsible for what could be a tragic accident. We need to know the full facts before making a conclusion.

We will never know the full facts. The plane is gone, and if it went in the water there will only be probables. And right now the most probable is dodgy deal, illigal, inexperienced pilot (he was used to drive around the local parking lot), without license to fly comersial, in a plane not equipped for a round trip in January over seas. Neglected weather forecast ( yes there have been reports from other pilots flying through the same weather reporting ice) The request for decent from 5000ft before disappearing highly suggest problem with icing. But I agree. Arranging this dodgy flight only partly put the agent responsible. The responsibility lies with the pilot. Like every other driver. But off course, not jumping to conclusions.
Last edited by Scandinavianbluebird on Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:47 am

Dahboy wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

jesus.

And he's probably right. I think this McKay has fucked up big time here. Just going on whats been said btw.

so you think its right to accuse the agent of trying to defraud the club? :banghead: :banghead:

the guy has come out and said he and his family dont own the plane, i dont really see how this is his fault.
paulh_85

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:52 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

jesus.

so you think its right to accuse the agent of trying to defraud the club? :banghead: :banghead:

the guy has come out and said he and his family dont own the plane, i dont really see how this is his fault.

How do you think the agent came across this deal Paul? It’s not listed as a commercial fligh. The pilot is not registered. Not something you can google up. Not supporting that theory, but I’ve read something similar to how they go arround regulation on commercial flying. “Order something, and pay for something else”..
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:59 am

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

jesus.

How do you think the agent came across this deal Paul? It’s not listed as a commercial fligh. The pilot is not registered. Not something you can google up. Not supporting that theory, but I’ve read something similar to how they go arround regulation on commercial flying. “Order something, and pay for something else”..

Pure conjecture and utterly pointless. They've made a statement saying the plane isn't theirs and the tail number is known so it'll be simple to verify soon enough
paulh_85

Postby Dahboy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:02 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

jesus.

It just all sounds a bit dodgy then atm but I'm sure the truth will eventually come out.
Dahboy

Postby dogfound » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:08 am

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

jesus.

jumping to conclusions.
what you say is of course possible.
but its also possible Emiliano wanted to stay in Nantes as long as possible and not have the visit curtailed by travelling to and from airports for a commercial flight where times and destination are set., spoke to the agent who actually did sort this out as a{ non billable } favour { after all he probably made small fortune on the deal }
dogfound

Postby nubbsy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:12 am

Once again daggers are you and non of you know f**k all but desperate to string someone up. Get a grip of yourselfs.
nubbsy

Next

Return to General Chat