“ 2022 WORLD CUP TO BE HELD IN WINTER “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:35 pm

Daily Mirror

Friday 13th July 2018

FIFA has announced that the Qatar World Cup in 2022 will be played from November 21 to December 18 for the first time in history.

FIFA president Gianni Infantino confirmed the move as the 2018 World Cup in Russia comes to a close.

Infantino has declared the 2018 World Cup as the best ever and thanked Russia for being the perfect host.

Speaking at the traditional tournament overview media conference, Infantino said: "For a couple of years I have been saying this will be the best World Cup ever and today I can say that with conviction - it is the best World Cup ever.

"I would like to thank everyone.

"The main actors are on the pitch - the players, referees and coaches - but, of course, there are also all those who have worked to make sure everything has worked smoothly, the Russians.

"A big thank you to the Russian government and the Russian President Vladimir Putin, the local organising committee, the Russian Football Union, the volunteers, the heart and smile of the World Cup, all those people, more than 100,000, who helped in one capacity or another."

The Swiss-Italian, who took over as FIFA boss in 2016, also congratulated the World Cup's 32 teams, "the main protagonists", for letting "football talk" and he looked forward to Sunday's "unique final" between France and Croatia, whose progress through the tournament he hoped would inspire smaller nations everywhere.

Infantino then claimed that hosting the tournament had "changed" Russia by making it a "real football country", with the sport now "part of its DNA".

He said the footballing infrastructure built for the tournament "will put Russia on top" and FIFA would work with the Russian FA to "make sure these stadiums live".

But it is not only Russia that has changed, according to Infantino, it is how the world views Russia.

"Everyone discovered a beautiful country, a welcoming country, that is keen to show the world that everything that has been said before might not be true," he said.

Describing Russia as a country with a "rich culture and history", the 48-year-old said: "A lot of preconceived ideas have been changed because people have seen the true nature of Russia."
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ 2022 WORLD CUP TO BE HELD IN WINTER “

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:28 pm

Crazy move to have it there in the 1st place...But we all know what went on with FIFA at the time .
TopCat CCFC

Postby nubbsy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:25 pm

Absolute shit show
nubbsy

Postby RV Casual » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:44 pm

nubbsy wrote:Absolute shit show

I agree, wouldn't be a bad idea for countries to come together, boycott it and arrange their own tournament.

Not only is it going to be a nightmare World Cup but it's also going to be a disaster for European Countries, as fans, if you have zero interest in this World Cup and Zero interest in going to to Qatar then the chances are your going to have zero interest in attending any of the qualifiers.

I know for example, in the 2015/16 season I only went to one Cardiff Away Game at Preston as I was saving for the Euros in France but it will be a flip for this, I wont do any of the qualifiers for Qatar or be saving for it so will have loads of money to do Cardiff games.
RV Casual

Postby Sam ReaN » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:01 pm

Hope you wrap up warm for it :laughing6:
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN