Season ticket refund

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Season ticket refund

Postby blue for you » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:41 pm

A bit of info please gents. Due to unforeseen circumstances I won’t be able to make many city games this season so I need to have my season ticket cancelled/refunded.
Rang the ticket office today but weren’t sure how I can claim a refund.
Has anyone been as unfortunate as me and had to cancel their ST? If so how did you go about it?
All advice greatly appreciated
Just because I'm paranoid it doesn't mean they're not talking about me
blue for you

Season ticket refund

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Season ticket refund

Postby paulh_85 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:43 pm

You rang they ticket office and they had no idea how you could get a refund? Am I reading that right?

Hopefully someone can help you mate but seems to me you went to the right place in the first instance
paulh_85

Postby blue for you » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:48 pm

Yes Paul that’s correct.
Was told by the lady that she thinks they’re non refundable if I check the Ts and Cs! I said I’m sure that’s not right but she was not helpful at all - I didn’t have time to argue so left the conversation.
I will ring on Monday again and hopefully get some different person on the phone, so was hoping someone else could give advice.
blue for you

Postby paulh_85 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:05 pm

blue for you wrote:Yes Paul that’s correct.
Was told by the lady that she thinks they’re non refundable if I check the Ts and Cs! I said I’m sure that’s not right but she was not helpful at all - I didn’t have time to argue so left the conversation.
I will ring on Monday again and hopefully get some different person on the phone, so was hoping someone else could give advice.

I’m quite disappointed they don’t know for certain to be honest.

Might be a best bet to go down there? Seasons no where near started, should be no reason you can’t get a refund
paulh_85

Postby Gravity » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:16 pm

Can't you pass it on to someone you know for the games you can't make? £20 a time used to be the going rate.
Gravity

Postby SWilliams » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:36 pm

I don’t like to give bad news but for 2017/18 the CCFC customer charter (on the eticketing website) says:

“Season Tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE. Please be aware that all fixtures are subject to change. We ask supporters to ensure address details are up to date before confirming a booking. If you have not received your tickets, please contact the Ticket Office. No refunds will be issued for tickets not arriving or being sent to a wrong address (if that was the address supplied).”

I appreciate that it’s now the 18/19 season but the same approach might be taken? Hopefully, as it’s early days the ticket office might be a bit more flexible and show some goodwill. I would go down personally and have a word with them. It would be unreasonable if they didn’t let you have a refund before the season has even started. Good luck.
SWilliams

Postby Bellamys barmy army » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:44 pm

Couple of choices:

Either sell it to somebody who can then transfer the season ticket into their name.

Any game you don't go to sell the ticket for the face value rate, it will work out cheaper than buying it on the day for people.

I bought one off this board a few years back and changed the season ticket into my name
Bellamys barmy army

Postby blue for you » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:58 pm

Thanks gents.
I’ll pop down in person but if no joy then I’ll be selling it on here.
blue for you

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:45 pm

My understanding is its non refundable and for good reason.

No doubt the club would consider refunds on a case by case basis.
2blue2handle

Postby Bananas » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:06 pm

blue for you wrote:A bit of info please gents. Due to unforeseen circumstances I won’t be able to make many city games this season so I need to have my season ticket cancelled/refunded.
Rang the ticket office today but weren’t sure how I can claim a refund.
Has anyone been as unfortunate as me and had to cancel their ST? If so how did you go about it?
All advice greatly appreciated

:shock: :roll: :banghead: :old:
Bananas

Postby ReeseBluebird1927 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:01 pm

Didn’t we used to be able to sell your ticket back to the club if you can’t make games????
ReeseBluebird1927

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:31 pm

One suspects that considering city are in premiership they wil refund ticket guess the non refundable part was in case we wasnt promoted to stop speculative fans having st then return it when not promoted. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Llan_Blue » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:17 pm

ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:Didn’t we used to be able to sell your ticket back to the club if you can’t make games????

Yes an I hope that’s possible this season.
Llan_Blue

Postby cardiff 74 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:03 pm

What part of the ground is it for and how much was it I'm sure you can sell it game by game save you losing it
cardiff 74

Postby dogfound » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:41 pm

ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:Didn’t we used to be able to sell your ticket back to the club if you can’t make games????

its not so much selling it back to club...its more IF they can sell your ticket you will then get a percentage.your better off trying to shift it yourself.
dogfound

Return to General Chat