2018 WORLD CUP “ ALL MATCHES & RESULTS “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: 2018 WORLD CUP “ ALL MATCHES & RESULTS “

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:50 pm

Biggest shock so far as Mexico beat Germany 1-0.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:23 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Biggest shock so far as Mexico beat Germany 1-0.

A lot of unhappy Germans at my hotel! :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:55 pm

The day’s final game finishes 1-1 between Brazil and Switzerland.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Wolfpac » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:58 pm

Big week ahead for

Germany
Spain
Brazil
Argentina

They could be out if they fail to win their second game
Wolfpac

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:59 am

Monday’s matches

Sweden v South Korea, Group F, 1pm - Live on ITV
Belgium v Panama, Group G, 4pm - Live on BBC
Tunisia v England, Group G, 7pm - Live on BBC

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:54 pm

Sweden beat South Korea 1-0.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:13 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Sweden beat South Korea 1-0.

Var taking over the decision of the ref after Sweden players surrounded ref appealing for var after ref said no pen! Looking at it could say player played for pen as was on way down before got to Korean player. What happened to it being a deliberate foul?:old:
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:34 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Var taking over the decision of the ref after Sweden players surrounded ref appealing for var after ref said no pen! Looking at it could say player played for pen as was on way down before got to Korean player. What happened to it being a deliberate foul?:old:

Stonewall penalty I thought.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Wolfpac » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:41 pm

Watch Joacim Low will have his German players pumped for Saturday, can see them handing out a hiding to the Swedes, it’s inconceivable Germany going out of the W.C
Wolfpac

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:01 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Was that immediately or after slow motion replay? The ref didn't think so and I understood only clear and obvious errors were to be referred? What's the point of referee if var official is going to make decisions for him? I read if ref makes a decision that he sees and plays on then it shouldn't be reviewed? Var is asked to review a decision if it's made not actually tell ref hes wrong when refs sees incident! Linos are told not to flag for close offsides incase a goal is scored then ref can ask to review it but if lino flags var cannot be used, Var as missed several clear errors which it's suppose to see but instead is telling ref to look at things hes seen thats wrong :old:
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:22 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Was that immediately or after slow motion replay? The ref didn't think so and I understood only clear and obvious errors were to be referred? What's the point of referee if var official is going to make decisions for him? I read if ref makes a decision that he sees and plays on then it shouldn't be reviewed? Var is asked to review a decision if it's made not actually tell ref hes wrong when refs sees incident! Linos are told not to flag for close offsides incase a goal is scored then ref can ask to review it but if lino flags var cannot be used, Var as missed several clear errors which it's suppose to see but instead is telling ref to look at things hes seen thats wrong :old:

VAR are checking everything while the match is going on. That’s why he stopped the game, because VAR suggested he should look at the incident again.

Some incidents the referee doesn’t review, because VAR officials have no issue with the original decision.

It’s an unpopular opinion, but I think VAR has been good on the most part so far - more correct decisions than if it wasn’t there.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:57 pm

Belgium beat Panama 3-0, with Romelu Lukaku getting two.

Tunisia v England will conclude the day’s matches.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:55 pm

Harry Kane scores a late winner for England, he gets two goals as they beat Tunisia 2-1.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:08 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

VAR are checking everything while the match is going on. That’s why he stopped the game, because VAR suggested he should look at the incident again.

Some incidents the referee doesn’t review, because VAR officials have no issue with the original decision.

It’s an unpopular opinion, but I think VAR has been good on the most part so far - more correct decisions than if it wasn’t there.

Your right var checks everything but it is suppose to only come in if an obvious mistakes been made, as there been an obvious mistake by ref so far? Ffs the greesman pen took ultra slow motion to show him touching defender with is foot was that obvious mistake? Open to opinion if was a foul And the hardball pen took freeze frame picture to show it touched players hand! Var can do this so but cannot spot an obvious mistake for swiz goal when defender was clearly pushed? guess we have to accept var is now the referee and the ref just watches game!!
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:17 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Your right var checks everything but it is suppose to only come in if an obvious mistakes been made, as there been an obvious mistake by ref so far? Ffs the greesman pen took ultra slow motion to show him touching defender with is foot was that obvious mistake? Open to opinion if was a foul And the hardball pen took freeze frame picture to show it touched players hand! Var can do this so but cannot spot an obvious mistake for swiz goal when defender was clearly pushed? guess we have to accept var is now the referee and the ref just watches game!!

Ps as there actually been pen awarded directly by ref? Never seen so many pens given so early in comp the refs must be crap if var as to give decisions :shock: :o
pembroke allan

Postby Wayne S » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:33 pm

pembroke allan wrote:ps as there actually been pen awarded directly by ref? Never seen so many pens given so early in comp the refs must be crap if var as to give decisions :shock: :o

The officials have been advised to AVOID making a decision unless they are certain. VAR will automatically check for potential penalties or offsides

They want to avoid breaks in play that then turn out to be incorrect when VAR is checked.
Wayne S

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:58 am

The first round of matches come to and end this afternoon, before Russia and Egypt play their second game tonight.

Tuesday’s matches

Colombia v Japan, 1pm, Group H - Live on BBC
Poland v Senegal, 4pm, Group H - Live on ITV
Russia v Egypt, 7pm, Group A - Live on BBC

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:54 pm

Japan beat Colombia 2-1.

Colombia had a man sent off in the first five minutes.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:57 pm

Senegal beat Poland 2-1 in the final game in the first round of matches.

The second round of matches begins at 7pm with Russia taking on Egypt.

Russia thrashed Saudi Arabia 5-0 in their opener, while Egypt fell to a 1-0 defeat against Uruguay. All to play for tonight.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

FIFA World Cup 2018 LIVE: Bye Bye Egypt

Postby Sam ReaN » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:24 pm

What a sad day for Egypt as this could be another defeat and what has been a disappointing campaign for the golden boot winner Mohamed Salah, they got extremely unlucky against Uruguay. And this could be the end for Egypt in this World Cup.

LIVE! On BBC 1
Russia 3-0 Egypt - 68' Minutes Gone
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

What Are YOUR FIFA World Cup Predictions???

Postby Sam ReaN » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:45 pm

Now that we all seen the teams play 1 another kinda, who do you think will reach the final?
I think Russia could go all the way after seeing them win 5-0 and putting a very good performance against Egypt.

And the team facing Russia I think it will be Brazil

But I think that there could be some amazing matches along the way like Portugal v Argentina or potentially a rematch between Iceland and England

I think that teams like Mexico and Japan will do well but I think they will face Spain Russia Portugal Brazil and will sadly fade out the World Cup.

Impressed how they did though Japan, Mexico and even Australia

MY PREDICTION
FIFA WORLD CUP 2018 FINAL
Russia VS Brazil
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Re: What Are YOUR FIFA World Cup Predictions???

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:48 pm

Put some money on that you’ll be a millionaire. Yes they’ve looked good but they’ve played two of the weakest teams in the competition. They won’t look this good against Uruguay.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Re: FIFA World Cup 2018 LIVE: Bye Bye Egypt

Postby montyblue » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:01 pm

Be another uprising there now mulsim brotherhood will kick off again , klopp will be happy though
montyblue

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:17 pm

Russia get their second win, beating Egypt 3-1.

They are all but through to the Last 16. Anything other than a Saudi win tomorrow will confirm Russia’s place in the next round.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:02 pm

Wednesday’s matches

Portugal v Morocco, Group B, 1pm - Live on BBC
Uruguay v Saudi Arabia, Group A, 4pm - Live on BBC
Iran v Spain, Group B, 7pm - Live on ITV

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:07 pm

Morocco become the first nation to officially exit the competition after a 1-0 defeat to Portugal.

Cristiano Ronaldo got his fourth goal of the tournament.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:53 pm

Uruguay beat Saudi Arabia 1-0.

The result means that Russia and Uruguay progress to the Last 16, while Egypt and Saudi Arabia are eliminated.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:54 pm

Iran 0 Spain 1 :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Iran 0 Spain 1 :thumbright:

:thumbright:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:51 am

Three more games today. Denmark and France can confirm their place in the Last 16 if they both win.

Thursday’s matches

Denmark v Australia, 1pm, Group C - Live on ITV
France v Peru, 4pm, Group C - Live on ITV
Argentina v Croatia, 7pm, Group D - Live on BBC

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat