BREAKING NEWS: "NEIL WARNOCK TODAY SOME REAL HONESTY"

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:18 pm

Wednesday 13th September 2017

Neil Warnocks Cardiff City were knocked off top spot in the Championship by Leeds after the Bluebirds were comprehensively beaten 3-0 by Preston last night.

Warnock did not hold back in his assessment of the Bluebirds' performance last night.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"There's no excuse because the goals were terrible, but we had eight or nine lads not at their game today. The travelling we’ve done since Saturday – I said to them, without it being an excuse – we've travelled more than any other team in the country."

"We got back at 11pm after Fulham and had six hours travelling here so the preparation hasn’t been so good, but I can’t have it as an excuse because we were second best all night."

"But we don’t normally have eight or nine missing like that. If we hadn’t had been undefeated I would have made three or four changes, but we were undefeated – and you can make changes if you get beat and you get blasted."

"But when I looked at them in training I did think I should make changes because they seemed jaded. Hindsight’s a great thing but you’re a brave man to side that's never lost a game – but at least that’s out of the way now and I can make changes when I see fit now."

NEIL WARNOCK ON THE GOALS CONCEEDED:

NEIL WARNOCK:

"The first one, Hughill was doing it all night, and good luck to him because the referee doesn’t understand the game in that respect and penalises the centre-half. And the last one, when he sprints at the keeper he’s offside. It’s disappointing, but we didn’t lose because of the referee, we lost because of three silly goals and I'm disappointed at not being at the races."

NEIL WARNOCK THE PRESTON PLAYERS:

"They got in our faces"

"They’ve done that all the time, they get in your faces here and I’m looking forward to playing them at our place if I’m honest. I took a lot of stick on the bench so it will be nice to get them down at our end."

"Good luck to them because they’ve been a bit fortunate playing them us at this stage – I'm not sure we’ve got two away games together like this again. But it’s not a coincidence that there’s nine or ten lads not at the races."

NEIL WARNOCK THE PROBLEM WAS:

"Absolutely our players, they’re knackered. We were tired out and they were bright and we couldn’t get near them because we didn’t have the energy. We were second best but there was a reason for it and it's not all down to Preston being good, it was down to us not being at the races."

NEIL WARNOCK I SHOULD OF MADE CHANGES:

"It frustrates me I should have changed three or four, but you don't do that when you’ve not lost the game. I’ve learned quite a lot tonight about what the lads can do, but we can’t do anything about the fixture list. It’s dealt us quite a poor hand if I'm honest."

I felt for the fans, but thanks to them – the way they clapped us at the end they know it’s a long way on a Tuesday night and we hadn’t given them much to cheer. Anybody can cheer us when we play well but we appreciated the fans that came up.

NEIL WARNOCK THE PLAYERS AT THE END:

"The players threw their shirts into the crowd at the end of the game"

Yes, we knew didn’t we. The two centre-halves I thought were decent, but other than that I was disappointed by the other nine.

NEIL WARNOCK REGARDING MY PLAYERS:

"We won’t have a problem with resting now. I blame myself quite a lot because I should have made changes, but it’s difficult to make changes when you haven’t lost a game. Hindsight’s a great thing."

"We'll have a couple of days rest and I couldn’t wish for a better game than Sheffield Wednesday at home. You’ll not see any lack of energy from us on Saturday."

NEIL WARNOCK REGARDING ANY INJURIES:

None. Only broken hearts. If they can mend that by Saturday.

NEIL WARNOCK LAST NIGHT AFTER 3-0 NIL DEFEAT
Attachments
JS130514442-2.jpg
JS130514442-2.jpg (27.45 KiB) Viewed 4746 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: BREAKING NEWS: "NEIL WARNOCK TODAY SOME REAL HONESTY"

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:19 pm

:bluebird:
Attachments
IMG_6854-3.PNG
IMG_6854-3.PNG (209.77 KiB) Viewed 4727 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:27 pm

' CARDIFF CITY CHAMPIONSHIP / CUP FIXTURES 2017/18 ' :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Aug 5 Burton Albion 0 Cardiff City 1 :thumbright: :thumbright: Crowd 5,050 Away(1,755 )

Tues Aug 8th Cardiff City 2 Portsmouth 1 :thumbright: Cup 1st rd Crowd 6,592 Away( 851 )

Sat Aug 12 Cardiff City 3 Aston Villa 0 :thumbright: :thumbright: Crowd 23,899 Away( 4,803 )

Tue Aug 15 Cardiff City 2 Sheffield United 0 :thumbright: Crowd 17,844 Away( 1,385 )

Sat Aug 19 Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 Cardiff City 2 :thumbright: Crowd 27,068 Away(1,576)

Tues Aug 22nd Cardiff City 1?Burton 2 :cry: Cup 2nd Rd Crowd 5,820 Away ( 43)

Sat Aug 26 Cardiff City 2 Queens Park Rangers 1 :thumbright: Crowd 18, Away(710 )

Sat Sep 9 Fulham 1 Cardiff City 1 :ayatollah: Crowd 20,984 Away(3,350 )

Tue Sep 12 Preston North End 3 Cardiff City 0 :shock: Crowd 10,796 Away(330)

Sat Sep 16 Cardiff City Sheffield Wednesday Crowd Away ( 2,300)

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:29 pm

He as a point regarding not changing a winning side damned if he does damned if doesn't, so i don't expect him to make same mistake again this season. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:32 pm

Cardiff City have lost four of their last six at Deepdale.
3-0 (2017)
3-0 (2016)
3-0 (2010)
6-0 (2009)

Dejected Cardiff players last night.
Attachments
21742885_1471948499548171_1743158365799258640_n.jpg
21742885_1471948499548171_1743158365799258640_n.jpg (41.02 KiB) Viewed 4579 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:39 pm

Spot on with his comments and can't blame him for not changing the side although Zohore must have been a close decision to leave out.

One thing that is haunting me in this game and no it is not the 3rd goal is the way the Preston players hounded us. They had at least 3 of their own around us when we had possession. I really hope we can pick ourselves up after this horror show because these are games that could kill a season.
Bakedalasker

Postby davids » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:44 pm

Preston really did a number on us yesterday and they were indeed hassling us and putting us under pressure constantly and we just could not cope with it.

I don't buy into this "tired and jaded" stuff though. Every club has played the same number of games as we have and yet we looked lethargic and Preston look full of energy and running.

And how come they didn't get back from Fulham until 11pm? The team coach flew past our coach before we got to the M4 on Saturday and I was home with a cup of tea by 9.30.

Did they stop off at a pub or lap dancing club on the way home? :o
davids

Postby dogfound » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:48 pm

davids wrote:Preston really did a number on us yesterday and they were indeed hassling us and putting us under pressure constantly and we just could not cope with it.

I don't buy into this "tired and jaded" stuff though. Every club has played the same number of games as we have and yet we looked lethargic and Preston look full of energy and running.

And how come they didn't get back from Fulham until 11pm? The team coach flew past our coach before we got to the M4 on Saturday and I was home with a cup of tea by 9.30.

Did they stop off at a pub or lap dancing club on the way home? :o

travelling without doubt takes it out of you a bit..twice in 4 days compared to Preston home twice.?.i dunno.
i do think that these double headers away should be..boro/sunderland...2 london clubs...leeds/hull type fixtures though so the boys can shack up in a travelodge for a few days instead of all the travelling..
dogfound

Postby bluemun » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:57 am

I said before the game that I expected several changes and was surprised when he selected the same team which drew at Fulham.
At least he has admitted his mistake.
I think that both Camp and Paterson will be first choices when they're fit.
If he rated Bryson so highly then why not choose him?
Damour is still adjusting.
bluemun

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:21 pm

As soon as I seen the team and no changes I said it wasn't going to go well. Surprised at Warnock, it was clear we needed just a couple of changes being undefeated didn't matter.
2blue2handle

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:As soon as I seen the team and no changes I said it wasn't going to go well. Surprised at Warnock, it was clear we needed just a couple of changes being undefeated didn't matter.

With you on this, people will argue we are undefeated and if it ain't broke don't fix it but we come back off a 1-1 draw which was a valuable point but we was battered for stats.. 2 away games in a row in the space of 3 days.. 1-3 changes were needed.

For me like Burton home in the cup I don't think Warnock and co didn't look into the opposition and focused too much on what we have been doing and we was exploited on Tuesday.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Return to General Chat