Lime Green Crap

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lime Green Crap

Postby City Slicker » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:38 am

I don't know if it might be a jinx but why play in it when we don't need to :banghead: If we have to keep it there's plenty of opportunities to use it at places like Birmingham, Reading, QPR, Millwall, Wednesday, Ipswich etc. What's wrong in playing in our first colours whenever we can? :roll:
City Slicker

Lime Green Crap

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Lime Green Crap

Postby Buchanan's Exocet » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:10 pm

Agreed.
It also doesn't help that I hate that lime green kit with a vengeance!!
Memories fade but the scars still linger!
Buchanan's Exocet

Postby Cymru Am Byth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:15 pm

it's a shirt for Pete's sake. get a grip
Bluebirds for life
Cymru Am Byth

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:50 pm

Cymru Am Byth wrote:it's a shirt for Pete's sake. get a grip

:o :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:10 pm

City Slicker wrote:I don't know if it might be a jinx but why play in it when we don't need to :banghead: If we have to keep it there's plenty of opportunities to use it at places like Birmingham, Reading, QPR, Millwall, Wednesday, Ipswich etc. What's wrong in playing in our first colours whenever we can? :roll:

Probably wore it due to contractual reasons with shirt suppliers .
pembroke allan

Postby Igovernor » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:25 pm

Would be alright if the shorts were lime green as well, white shorts with lime green top is terrible!
Igovernor

Postby actionman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:53 pm

Just wondering if green kit could be like the Man Utd grey kit ie. hard to pick out players should use blue shorts,socks with it and white shorts,socks with the blue shirts.Not using this as reason for losing as NW said to many players not up for it and poor refereeing.
actionman

Postby norms76 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:58 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
City Slicker wrote:I don't know if it might be a jinx but why play in it when we don't need to :banghead: If we have to keep it there's plenty of opportunities to use it at places like Birmingham, Reading, QPR, Millwall, Wednesday, Ipswich etc. What's wrong in playing in our first colours whenever we can? :roll:

What? Both home & away kits are Adidas ffs. :lol:
norms76

Postby murphy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:00 pm

I agree, I thought we should have been playing in blue last night.
murphy

Postby dogfound » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

probably right..cant see any other reason for it
dogfound

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:00 pm

norms76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I don't think that matters. No doubt Adidas want to sell both kits. They know people will buy the home but the more we wear the away the more people will see it and want to buy it.
2blue2handle

Postby norms76 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:07 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
norms76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I don't think that matters. No doubt Adidas want to sell both kits. They know people will buy the home but the more we wear the away the more people will see it and want to buy it.

But we've had a big launch and plugged it on the City Store. If people wanted to buy it they would have. I can't see joe public watching Sky Sports thinking 'I'd buy that Cardiff top, it's fantastic'

Only City fans would want it, and we know where to buy it so does it matter how many times in a season we wear it? Ridiculous if that's what Adidas want.
norms76

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:16 pm

actionman wrote:Just wondering if green kit could be like the Man Utd grey kit ie. hard to pick out players should use blue shorts,socks with it and white shorts,socks with the blue shirts.Not using this as reason for losing as NW said to many players not up for it and poor refereeing.

I agree, I think your point about players struggling to pick each other out is a valid one. I think Wales' grey kit in the Euro's had a negative impact as well, we lost both games we played in grey and they were arguably our two worst performances that tournament.

I think our current away strip for a night game on green grass and bright flood lights is the worst possible strip we could have picked. We might have got away with it if we had black shorts, at least that would allow the players to pick each other out a bit better. But white shorts gives our kit absolutely nothing that stands out on a bright flood lit pitch.

Believe me, I used to train on the Treforest University Playing Fields under flood lights. I remember wearing an old yellow City away shirt and several of the team said they found it difficult to pick me out. That split second difference between spotting someone and not spotting someone could be the difference between winning and losing a game.

Whether our away strip had a negative effect at Preston, I don't know. But I certainly don't think our away strip will do us any favours this season, put it that way.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Willo Cardiff » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:28 pm

:lol:
Willo Cardiff

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:14 pm

norms76 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
norms76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

But we've had a big launch and plugged it on the City Store. If people wanted to buy it they would have. I can't see joe public watching Sky Sports thinking 'I'd buy that Cardiff top, it's fantastic'

Only City fans would want it, and we know where to buy it so does it matter how many times in a season we wear it? Ridiculous if that's what Adidas want.

Children especially want the kit the team where, they will see it on sky, in the papers online from pictures of the game and tell dad they want it. Although I'd rather us in blue I understand why Adidas would want it used every so often. I don't think it's a problem.
2blue2handle

Postby wiltshirebluebird » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:23 pm

If we're using the green shirt as an excuse then God help us. Anyway, from what I've seen, it's as bright as hell for picking out teammates (and I quite like it).
wiltshirebluebird

Postby nubbsy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:43 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Well said squire, let's not make excuses! especially based on superstitions.
nubbsy

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:35 am

norms76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yes but lime green is not blue is it? So how do you encourage sales of both shirts ? I know always wear blue!! :laughing6:

Ps it was a reply to the opening op what was your pheory or opinion :occasion5:
pembroke allan

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:04 pm

The lime green and white shorts looked like a parks game where the team has to swop shirts with the team on the next pitch due to a colour clash.
Looks abysmal.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Return to General Chat